Anthony Bourdain, a food writer, apparently took his own life. This is so sad. Our family has been fans since we listened to an audio version of "Kitchen Confidential" 10 or 12 years ago on a car trip. He was a unique talent; what other food or travel show celebrates street food and meat so well? I always wanted to go to the places after seeing them on "Parts Unknown." It's so sad that he left an 11 year old daughter behind. I hope that he was able to find some kind of peace. RIP, Anthony. :rose:
  • Like 5

Let me just say this...men die, women die, it happens every day people. 150,000 people die each day, someone's got to fill out those numbers.

And listen something's going to get you too, you're not getting out of this place alive so don't worry, you'll be taken care of soon enough. :AlienSmiley:

He was on Boston Public Radio not too long ago talking about how incredibly wonderful his life was.

One of the news stories mentioned that. I guess you never really know what someone else is going through. :(

• Like 3

I'm a big fan of Bourdain. He was the most interesting person...just an authentic and all-around cool guy. I watched his Parts Unknown, No Reservations, etc..wishing I could have some of the same adventures.
  • Like 3

I just got done reading 'A Cook's Tour', which is a very personable account of Bourdain's travels around the world...so this really shocked me and makes me so sad. I really liked Anthony Bourdain. I liked his attitude, his non-celebrity realism. He seemed very down to earth. A guy you could comfortably sit down, have a drink and tell stories with w/out any pretentiousness. RIP :rose:
  • Like 5

Geez, another suicide. Death is inevitable that's true but it seems so much more heart wrenching when it was someone who still had much to give and live a longer life. It is just makes me wonder how so many people are in pain and those around them don't see the signs until too late. RIP :rose:
  • Like 1

He was on Boston Public Radio not too long ago talking about how incredibly wonderful his life was.

I think this same situation happened to Robin Williams...All these suicides are what they are. People that don't know what else to do with themselves. And yes, it's terribly sad.

X4UTRtE.gif

• Like 2

If you really respect this guy then go buy his book Kitchen Confidential and read his words rather than watch some show

Classy lmao

"But I LOVE that video Crap, Cait!" Abby on NCIS...

f2B1C3O.gif

Geez, another suicide. Death is inevitable that's true but it seems so much more heart wrenching when it was someone who still had much to give and live a longer life. It is just makes me wonder how so many people are in pain and those around them don't see the signs until too late. RIP :rose:

d.r.u.g.s.

They suck.

• Like 2

i'm really torn with all these suicides like WTF

30% increase in the US since 1999.

Our priorities are way out of whack.

And the direction is on a one way kamikaze course.

Just my opinion, but I believe that Copycat Culture is growing stronger every year. If it's not suicide, it's shooting up schools & workplaces, or it's other public displays of rage. The media puts all of this dysfunction on TV and the Internet for all of us to see and hear 24/7.

People imitate whatever they see and hear on TV and the Internet. Dysfunctional monkey see, dysfunctional monkey do.

• Like 3

i'm really torn with all these suicides like WTF

30% increase in the US since 1999.

Our priorities are way out of whack.

And the direction is on a one way kamikaze course.

Just my opinion, but I believe that Copycat Culture is growing stronger every year. If it's not suicide, it's shooting up schools & workplaces, or it's other public displays of rage. The media puts all of this dysfunction on TV and the Internet for all of us to see and hear 24/7.

People imitate whatever they see and hear on TV and the Internet. Dysfunctional monkey see, dysfunctional monkey do.

That is certainly part of the equation.
  • Like 1