Enya

Who here likes Enya?

I like her earlier stuff: "Enya", "Watermark", "Shepherd Moons". I didn't care for her more recent stuff.

However, she has a new album to be released in November called "Amarantine" that I am looking forward to.

I heard one song that I hope will appear on the new CD called "Sumiregusa" which is just phenomenal and beautiful.

Everything I've heard by her I've liked, but I don't own a single song of hers. I think it's enough to hear her on the radio every now and again.

I've always liked Carribbean Blue. Always makes me want to be on a secluded beach somewhere just watching the waves.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 6 2005, 05:43 AM)
Who here likes Enya?

I like her earlier stuff: "Enya", "Watermark", "Shepherd Moons". I didn't care for her more recent stuff.

However, she has a new album to be released in November called "Amarantine" that I am looking forward to.

I heard one song that I hope will appear on the new CD called "Sumiregusa" which is just phenomenal and beautiful.

those are the 3 albums i have too and she's amazing. admittedly, i don't really listen to her much anymore, but when i do hear her i love it. please let me know if that new album is worth picking up when and if you get it.

peace,

gary

Indica,

She did a song called "May It Be" for Lord of the Rings movie, but she's been around for awhile.

I was starting to get tired of her quickly when TV started playing her song "Only Time" over and over and using it as background music when advertising the new season of "Friends" some years ago. Her music is new age and she is from Ireland.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 6 2005, 05:43 AM)
Who here likes Enya?

those are the 3 albums i have too and she's amazing. admittedly, i don't really listen to her much anymore, but when i do hear her i love it. please let me know if that new album is worth picking up when and if you get it.

peace,

gary

yes.gif

i like her stuff...but i only own one album....

and i haven't listened to her in quite some time.....

to me, it's pretty deep

I like listening to her stuff, and back in the day when I downloaded (ohmy.gif) I got a few of her songs, and I still have them now, and listen to them now and then.

Yet to by a CD though.

She has a new CD coming out on November 22 called "Amarantine". I have a single from it on my computer. It's pretty good stuff.

I hope she does return to what her earlier stuff sounded like. The most recent things she did was too poppish.

The single I do have is just really good.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 12 2005, 06:31 PM)
I hope she does return to what her earlier stuff sounded like. The most recent things she did was too poppish.

The single I do have is just really good.

Do you have the single named Amarantine, or Sumiregusa? I have both and they are both great smile.gif Not sure if Sumiregusa is going to be on the new album or not though.

Hey by the way... Test will be in town starting a week from today... so let me know if you and yours want to get together for lunch one day that week (the 19th-26th) smile.gif

I've never met her, but I've met most of the rest of her family. She's actually from West Donegal, her father owns "Leo's Tavern", the best known pub in an area called Gweedore.

She lives in a castle in Dublin as a virtual recluse and I think she's done one live solo concert in her career. She made her name as a backing singer with Clannad, made up of her sister Maire and her brothers and uncles.

Of her solo stuff, Cursum Perficio still makes my hair stand on end, but after Watermark and the soundtrack to "The Celts" I lost interest a bit.

Most recently, she was in the news because a stalker broke into her home. Detials Here

Trance,

Yes, I have Sumiregusa, but I don't have the single for Amarantine. I haven't heard that one.

I believe Sumiregusa will be on the new album. On the official Enya board, someone got info from some of Enya's people and they listed the tracks.

Like Madra, I think her first album and Watermark are the shining stars of her catalog. Same goes for "Shepherd Moons", but "Memory of Trees" and "A Day without Rain" seem too poppish for my tastes although there are a couple of good tunes on each of those.

And yes! I'd like to get with you and Test4VitalSigns. smile.gif

Archived