Number one song when you’re 14 defines your life?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/apparently-the-number-one-song-on-your-14th-birthday-defines-your-life-find-yours-here-846191.html

I guess this is a new twitter trend that caught on. Here’s mine for the US.

Also, on the alt rock chart, it was What’s The Frequency Kenneth by R.E.M. *awaits Permanent Rush reaction*

On the dance chart it was some song by C And C Music Factory from their 2nd album.

I knew it, and I'm positively sure this song has only served to define my sheer annoyance with an disposition against modern charting pop music.

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.

I absolutely despised this song, and it followed me around everywhere at that time, and all that year pretty much. I first heard it at my first band camp earlier that summer (which actually was an extremely defining time in my life), and I didn't care for it then. It was annoying, and too catchy, and dumb lyrically (I mean, literally just dumb. "hey, I just met you, and this is crazy?" nah man, that's garbage). It really was nearly my least favorite song of the time, at least until I heard One Direction.

I have similar feelings for it now that I do for Let It Go from Frozen. It brings back some nostalgia because no one really plays it much anymore and hasn't for years, but when it was around it was absolutely inescapable, and overtime I heard it I hated it a little bit more. Only difference is at one point I actually liked Let It Go. No such moment existed for the other song.

So life defining? No, but directly associated (negatively) with an otherwise very fondly remembered part of my high school career? Yeah, sure.

End Of The Road by Boys II Men was number one on the billboard chart. That song defines nothing about my life. So they can take this whole experiment and shove it. Motown Philly was cool but all their sappy ballads that came after that got annoying really fast.
  • Like 1

End Of The Road by Boys II Men was number one on the billboard chart. That song defines nothing about my life. So they can take this whole experiment and shove it. Motown Philly was cool but all their sappy ballads that came after that got annoying really fast.

Funny how we both have Boyz II Men. :LOL: Uhh Ahh is the one “ballad” I can tolerate since it’s not really sappy and more in the vein of songs like Do Me by Bell Biv De Voe and Freak Me by Silk.

And Motownphilly was cool indeed. I love the new jack swing sound of my childhood. Beats current pop right now.

Edited by invisible airwave

Eric Prydz- Call On Me

FCUK OFF THIS SONG IS SHITE

Forgot about it til now. It represents nothing about me or my life. I was on the cusp of discovering metal and really was desperately hating music at that point in life.

Holy Shit!

I can't believe you picked the age of 14 for your thread. Amazing. Thread Of The Year.

Well I saw The Who and The Clash in Oakland in 1982 when I was 14.

Changed my life.

However, I was a metal maniac even then.

The number one song that changed and defined my life is so simple.

Again, I'm blown away by the random choice of going with age 14.

I remember listening to my favorite rock and roll and hard rock station in the summer of 1982. KVHS 90.5 FM

I was kicking back in my room cranking my stereo and all of the sudden I heard an old sounding crackling lp playing....... "Heidi de Hei Do....."

My life changed that afternoon.

"FAST AS A SHARK!!!!"

Seeing ACCEPT in September twice. Front Row. Both shows are the end of their world tour in Los Angeles areas.

CAN'T WAIT!

ACCEPT FOREVER!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Jessie's Girl

"Jesse's Earl"

Really?

Great tune but I have another strange connection.

You who know me must believe me and trust me.

It's really no big deal but I have to type this.

So,

I mentioned earlier how I was 14 and saw The Who and The Clash. 1982.

Well before I even read this thread I put my Japanese CD pressing of "It's Hard" by The Who in my stereo tonight. CRAZY!!!

Pure coincidence?

Fate?

Destiny?

Pure chance?

Doesn't matter.

Love,

"Athena"

No Doubt - Don't Speak

It doesn't define my life, but I like the song, and as far as this experiment goes I got lucky...1997 was mostly a garbage dump for hits.

Whilst the song was a single in 1997, the album it comes from was actually releases in 1995!

Explains it ;)

• Like 1

No Doubt - Don't Speak

It doesn't define my life, but I like the song, and as far as this experiment goes I got lucky...1997 was mostly a garbage dump for hits.

Whilst the song was a single in 1997, the album it comes from was actually releases in 1995!

Explains it ;)

I just noticed the site in the original link was defaulted to the UK charts. Checked the US...Spice Girls - Wannabe! Now there's my MF'n defining song! :LOL:

Nothing From Nothing ... Billy Preston

in Canada ... Another Saturday Night by Cat Stevens

Hmmmmnnnnn?! I'll have to defer to the lyrics of a Jimmy Buffett recording written by his female saxophonist. Did that sound dirty? The song is "Fruitcakes" and had nothing to do with 1974 as far as I know.

... Relationships!!! ? ... we all got em, we all want em ... what do we do with em?

Holy Shit!

I can't believe you picked the age of 14 for your thread. Amazing. Thread Of The Year.

Well I saw The Who and The Clash in Oakland in 1982 when I was 14.

Changed my life.

However, I was a metal maniac even then.

The number one song that changed and defined my life is so simple.

Again, I'm blown away by the random choice of going with age 14.

I remember listening to my favorite rock and roll and hard rock station in the summer of 1982. KVHS 90.5 FM

I was kicking back in my room cranking my stereo and all of the sudden I heard an old sounding crackling lp playing....... "Heidi de Hei Do....."

My life changed that afternoon.

"FAST AS A SHARK!!!!"

Seeing ACCEPT in September twice. Front Row. Both shows are the end of their world tour in Los Angeles areas.

CAN'T WAIT!

ACCEPT FOREVER!

I think you misunderstood.

YOUR song would be "Centerfold" by J.Geils. (The #1 song when you turned 14 on February 15, 1982)

Mine would be Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach".