Pratt and Gump hanging out this week in So Cal

Wil1972

I don’t see the big deal with his looks. In a few months he’ll be closer to 70 than 60 anyway. And we’ve all seen many worse looking 65 year olds. He looks happy there and that’s enough.

Yea he looks okay to me.

• Like 1

To me, he looks like he's aged 10 years in the 3 years since they toured.

When people who are in 60's or 70's etc. lose weight they usually do end up looking oldet as their wrinkles will become more defined after losing the fat

Maybe so. But he looks like an old man that's two years away from a home. For folks that hold out hope of another Rush tour, that picture MIGHT be the nail in the coffin.

I actually had sort of an opposite reaction and thought that if he'd been in this shape while touring, he'd might not have been so f-ing miserable.....

• Like 1

Great to see them together again! And pretty sweet ride too! (Wonder if it's a Cobra or a kit - either way, fun, expensive and rare.)

He looks pretty darn good for almost 66 after an incredibly full life.

I have to admit that for a moment I hoped they talked shop, but something tells me the did not. I'm OK with that.

Edited by upstateNYfan

What kinda car's that?

Possibly an AC Cobra or replica of same.

Ah right, from the pics i just checked you seem to be correct, thanks. You know your cars :)

They don't call me fordgalaxy for nuthin'! (actually, nobody calls me that but I do likes me some cars).

When people who are in 60's or 70's etc. lose weight they usually do end up looking oldet as their wrinkles will become more defined after losing the fat

For example, look at Penn Jillette over the last few years

2014:

1387415349751.jpeg

2018:

gettyimages-585267696_-_h_2017.jpg

• Like 1

I am surprised that no one tried to turn the fact that Gump captioned the picture "Always good to hang out with the boss." as a sign that Rush would be touring again since he said it in the present tense.

Just keep'in it real, he looks ill I am sad to say. Hope I'm wrong but I have and have had no dillusion of them ever touring again anyway. I knew the show in Atanta on the last tour was it going in and the reason I had to go...
  • Like 1

I don't buy the weight loss as illness. He's got extra time on his hands since retiring. Since he goes overboard with interests, it wouldn't surprise me that he went on a health kick. Hell, might be something I might do once I'm retired with more time to take care of myself. With 3 years since he retired, that's easily enough time to loose 30-40 pounds if you work at it.
  • Like 1

Geddy Lee no longer has the funkiest nose in Rush.

Gump looks healthy. Is he still a drum-tech/working or was he able to retire as well?

First sentence of the article says he’s on tour with Steely Dan. ;)

I literally laughed out loud at the "funkiest nose" line!
  • Like 1

Just keep'in it real, he looks ill I am sad to say. Hope I'm wrong but I have and have had no dillusion of them ever touring again anyway. I knew the show in Atanta on the last tour was it going in and the reason I had to go...

Good to see ya', Narps!

• Like 1

I don't buy the weight loss as illness. He's got extra time on his hands since retiring. Since he goes overboard with interests, it wouldn't surprise me that he went on a health kick. Hell, might be something I might do once I'm retired with more time to take care of myself. With 3 years since he retired, that's easily enough time to loose 30-40 pounds if you work at it.

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"- RJ

• Like 1

Good to see ya', Narps!

:cheers:
  • Like 1

Good to see ya', Narps!

I'll never forget that last show in Atlanta, man. I mean the bottom freaking dropped out! My girlfriend and I and the couple we were with stopped at Academy to buy ponchos after we left the pub. And then, miraculously, the skies parted...light streamed down in bright, unbroken beams! Okay...that may be a stretch. But it did stop raining just in time for the show.
  • Like 2

Maybe so. But he looks like an old man that's two years away from a home. For folks that hold out hope of another Rush tour, that picture MIGHT be the nail in the coffin.

Or, more accuatertly, should be.

How so?

Some of you guys are cruel and silly. Aside from the unglamorous nose issue there is absolutely nothing to report. We're all human - and if you're anything like me, I've taken plenty of just OK or unflattering pics. For dozens of possible reasons, he seems to have lost weight - personally, I think he looked healthier with some weight on him, but have you seen 60-something endurance athletes like runners? Oh, and that car is ridiculously badass. Edited by upstateNYfan
  • Like 3

Good to see ya', Narps!

I'll never forget that last show in Atlanta, man. I mean the bottom freaking dropped out! My girlfriend and I and the couple we were with stopped at Academy to buy ponchos after we left the pub. And then, miraculously, the skies parted...light streamed down in bright, unbroken beams! Okay...that may be a stretch. But it did stop raining just in time for the show.

I remember the same. It was almost poetic but boy was it muddy all around the place lol. Great show but as I said I knew it was my last. First show in 79' and that was the last. A great run...
  • Like 1