Dead horse

Red3angel

I love every Rush album, especially their early ones but I still say clockwork angels is a masterpiece. Only one song of theirs makes say how the hell did they come up with that and that is Tom Sawyer. But clockwork angels makes me say the same thing about the whole album Edited by Red3angel
  • Like 2

What's that smell?

Like a dead horse, I'm not convinced CA has aged all that well. I still only like it in my truncated, re-arranged version.

• Like 6

An amazing end to their career with this album, I will say some songs I don't really like (Seven Cities of Gold, Wish them Well for example)

But there are so many amazing songs also (BU2B, The Wreckers, The Garden etc.)

• Like 1

Love CA, don't understand why this thread was made. Some people don't like it as much. That shouldn't affect your opinion of it. Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

CA sucks.

for reasons i've listed over and over again.

look em up.

Mick

Totally disagree.

:goodone:

• Like 1

What's that smell?

Like a dead horse, I'm not convinced CA has aged all that well. I still only like it in my truncated, re-arranged version.

I'm with goose. I'm in love with half of it and that's the CA I listen to. The other half, meh. Caravan, BU2B, Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, Headlong Flight and the Garden :ebert: :ebert: The others, not so much.

Edited by blueschica

What's that smell?

I'm with goose. I'm in love with half of it and that's the CA I listen to. The other half, meh. Caravan, BU2B, Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, Headlong Flight and the Garden :ebert: :ebert: The others, not so much.

:hug2:
  • Like 2

CA sucks.

for reasons i've listed over and over again.

look em up.

Mick

Like anyone gives a shit.

It's ironic that you would try to negate the relevance of an on topic post by a regular and widely-accepted poster with a post that, by your own reasoning, lacks relevance.

Do try to remember we're here to hear each other's opinions and express our own.

• Like 2

I know likes are a subjective thing and we all won't agree on all of them. I fell in love with CA when it first came out and listened to it repeatedly before seeing the tour in 2013. Halo effect is one I skip more than any other but the rest I enjoy a lot. I am glad they came out with another concept album before they retired and after listening to it earlier this month..I don't find it has diminished in my appreciation and listening pleasure. :rush: :haz:
  • Like 4

Dead horses ... Couldn't drag me away... Oh wrong song.

But I like CA. Has some great songs on it.

And, since we're beating dead horses here, I'll post my revised version of CA, the way I like to hear the songs.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. The Anarchist

4. Seven Cities of Gold

5. Carnies

6. BU2B2

7. Headlong Flight

• Like 2

I love every Rush album, especially their early ones but I still say clockwork angels is a masterpiece. Only one song of theirs makes say how the hell did they come up with that and that is Tom Sawyer. But clockwork angels makes me say the same thing about the whole album

CA makes me wonder WHY the hell they came up with that rather than how....

Seriously, can barely remember any of it, whereas I can remember every minute of their classic stuff.

• Like 1

It's ok.

Not great.

Just ok.

I agree w/ goose in that it hasn't aged well for me. I loved it when it came out. Now I find the sound quality along w/ the funerally dirge tendency in Geddy's voice to just be off-putting. The steampunk thing is trite and has played itself out, so the concept story behind the album is just all manner of 'meh' for me. I still like Caravan, The Garden and The Anarchist (funeral dirge Geddy notwithstanding) for the most part. But the rest of it ranges from forgettable to irritating to just plain dis-like in my opinion. :huh:

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 2

I love every Rush album, especially their early ones but I still say clockwork angels is a masterpiece. Only one song of theirs makes say how the hell did they come up with that and that is Tom Sawyer. But clockwork angels makes me say the same thing about the whole album

CA makes me wonder WHY the hell they came up with that rather than how....

Seriously, can barely remember any of it, whereas I can remember every minute of their classic stuff.

A true fan would remember every millisecond.

• Like 2

Dead horses ... Couldn't drag me away... Oh wrong song.

But I like CA. Has some great songs on it.

And, since we're beating dead horses here, I'll post my revised version of CA, the way I like to hear the songs.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. BU2B

3. The Anarchist

4. Seven Cities of Gold

5. Carnies

6. BU2B2

7. Headlong Flight

Glad to see Carnies on your list. Underrated IMO.

• Like 2