What's your favourite line from the ROCKY film series?

treeduck

What's your favourite line from the ROCKY film series?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite line from the ROCKY film series?

• ADRIAN!!!
    • If he dies, he dies...
    • You're gonna eat lightning, you're gonna crap thunder!
    • Prediction? ...Pain...
    • I'm gonna torture him. I'm gonna crucify him. Real bad.
    • Shut up, Old Man! You don't know what I had to come from! Balboa, your family doin' real nice, ain't it, and you call yourself a fighter? Prove it now. The way you been duckin' is a disgrace. If he ain't no coward, why don...
    • I don't care what you're ranked! You don't get no shot AND I MEAN THAT!
    • Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off. You wanna jump, JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed! Come on!
    • Do everybody a favor and knock this chump out.
    • He's all wrong for us, baby. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now we don't need no man like that in our lives.
    • No I don't hate Balboa, but I pity the fool, and I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got.
    • It's really hard to say this. I feel like, well... I thinking maybe it's time that I should, uh, step down maybe and... retire.
    • The worst thing that happened to you, that can happen to any fighter: you got civilized.
    • Because you can't win Rock. This guy will kill you to death in three rounds.
    • Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!
    • You got heart, but you fight like a god-damn ape. The only thing special about you is ya never got your nose busted - well, leave it that way, nice and pretty, and what's left of your mind...Hey kid, did ya ever think about retirin'?...You thin...
    • Nah they wasn't set ups! They was good fighters but they wasn't killers like this guy. He'll knock you to tomorrow, Rock!
    • No, No, not yet. Not for the meatball. I'm not done with him yet, boy. If I can't break your spirit, I sure enough can break your back!
    • If you stand toe-to-toe with this bum, he'll kill you. It doesn't take a man to stand there and get your head beat off...! He's just a man, Rock, so be MORE man than him! Go get him; Eye Of the Tiger!
    • I seen wrestlers as big as dinosaurs. You ever fought a dinosaur, kid?
    • I want Balboa! I want Balboa! You hear that, Old Man? You tell Balboa to come here! Nobody can beat me! You tell him what I said! And he's NEXT! I'm gonna kill him! Nobody can stop me! You tell Balboa that! I...
    • To all my love slaves out there: Thunderlips is here. In the flesh, baby. The ultimate male versus... the ultimate meatball. Ha, ha, ha.
    • Hey, boy. Hey, boy. After I crucify him, you next.
    • Just stay outta my face, chump.
    • Don't turn your back on me, sucka!
    • Don't give this sucker no statue. Give him guts! I told you I wasn't going away. You got your shot, now give me mine.
    • Shut up, Old Man! I ain't goin' nowhere. Why don't you all these nice folks why you been duckin' me? Politics, man. This country want to keep me down. They don't want me to have the title because I'm not a puppet like that f...
    • Well, why don't you come down here and close it, Balboa? Come on. Come on.
    • I am ranked Number One. ONE! That means I'm the best! But this bum been taking the easy matches, fighting other bums. I'm telling you and everybody here, I'm fight him anywhere, anytime, for nothing.
    • It's finished. Yes, I'm finished. I don't want no more of this. I don't want no more of it! You understand? None of it! It's over with!
    • Hey Woman! I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man.
    • I must break you!
    • I see three of the him out there!
    • Hit the one in the middle!
    • He is not human, he is a piece of iron.
    • You lay off that pet shop dame. Women weaken legs.
    • IT'S A WASTE OF LIFE!
    • Yeah. Beethoven was deaf. Helen Keller was blind. I think Rocky's got a good chance.
    • Apollo Creed vs. the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monster movie.
    • OK, I'm gonna tell ya! You had the talent to become a good fighter, but instead of that, you become a legbreaker to some cheap, second rate loanshark!

That list seems heavy on number 3.

My favorite spoken part of any Rocky movie is the scene with Mickey and Rocky in the chapel in part 2.

"Why don't you stand up and fight this guy hard?! Like you done before! That was beautiful!"

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1

Incomprehensible lines start around 1:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKUD6gMydbU

The Blaze bros & I watched that a million times on cable back in the day to try and decode his sobbing. It wasn’t until maybe 20 years later that I found the script online. Now, that’s over a decade ago and I barely remember the words. But it was something like, “Mick...it’s isn't...oh god...no...we got more to do...bla bla bla...” Truth. :LOL:

• Like 2

Mick’s got the best lines! Pick one of them or add one!

From my Rocky 3 memory bank...

Mick: This guy is a wreckin’ machine! And he’s hungry! Hell, you ain’t been hungry since you won that belt!

Rocky: What’re you talking about? I just had a ten title defense.

Mick: That was easy!

Rocky: Whaddya mean easy?

Mick: They were handpicked!

Rocky: Set ups?!

Mick: No they weren’t set ups. But they weren’t killers like this guy! He’ll knock you to tomorrow Rock!

• Like 1

How about some love for Talia Shire?

Adrian: WHAT DO I OWE YOU, PAULIE? WHAT DO I OWE YOU? I treat you good! I cook for you! I cleaned for you! I pick up your dirty clothes! I take care of ya, Paulie! I don't owe you nothin'! And you made me feel like a loser! I'M NOT A LOSER!

• Like 2

"Prediction? Pain."

Too many good lines and scenes. The chicken chase in 2 is a riot.

Edited by pjbear05

My favorite spoken part of any Rocky movie is the scene with Mickey and Rocky in the chapel in part 2.

"Why don't you stand up and fight this guy hard?! Like you done before! That was beautiful!"

I like Rocky 3!

I like Rocky 3!

So do I.

Mr T has a ton of great lines!

• Like 1

God there are a lot of quotable lines from this franchise, and I hear myself quoting Clubber, Drago, Paulie and Sly a lot...but when I read through these the one that really reasonated with me was when Apollo told Rocky 'Do everyone a favor and knock this chump out'. It's the first time in the franchise Apollo begins to become a relatable figure. #CarlWeathersIsTheShit