Worst song lyrics of all time, nomination round

15.) Clique by Jay-Z and KWest.

16) .Half the World --Rush

If a fourth grader submitted this for homework, the teacher would send it back and tell him to spend more than five minutes on it. Worst Rush song ever.

The problem I'm seeing here is that these lyrics, for the most part, aren't anywhere near worst ever; they're more like the worst from generally good bands.

In reality, this list should be brimming with entries from vapid generic pop songs... And Rush should be nowhere near it.

• Like 4

The problem I'm seeing here is that these lyrics, for the most part, aren't anywhere near worst ever; they're more like the worst from generally good bands.

In reality, this list should be brimming with entries from vapid generic pop songs... And Rush should be nowhere near it.

I agree.

Is this shitty enough?

22) “Work It” - Missy Elliot

“Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”

• Like 1

23) Guilty of Love - Whitesnake

I believe my love for you

Is a love that will last forever,

An' I'm here to testify

I'm a prisoner of your heart

Baby don't you believe

When I tell you I love you

That I really mean it,

Don't you walk away,

Don't you turn your back on me.

My God, it's a vegetarian steak and cheese sub.

I agree.

Is this shitty enough?

22) “Work It” - Missy Elliot

“Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”

Lmao

I think the contrast is part of what makes these lyrics list-worthy. A bad play by a kid playing tee-ball isn't worth mentioning, but a World Series error by an all-time great like Keith Hernandez is worth noting.

I think the contrast is part of what makes these lyrics list-worthy. A bad play by a kid playing tee-ball isn't worth mentioning, but a World Series error by an all-time great like Keith Hernandez is worth noting.

A kid playing tee ball isn't winning awards, filling every seat in the venue, and dominating the industry. Vapid generic pop is.

• Like 1

20) Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin

WTF

Dude come on, those lyrics are terrible. Read them without the music, awful. The music is what makes that song good not the words.

:yes:

A lot of rock is like that.

WTF

Dude come on, those lyrics are terrible. Read them without the music, awful. The music is what makes that song good not the words.

:yes:

A lot of rock is like that.

Yep.

Lots of bad lyrics out there. But with the right music behind it and good vocal delivery they don't really sound as bad as they are.

Except for Half the World

23) Bad Medicine--Bon Jovi

How many hackneyed cliches on one subject can you jam into four minutes?

• Like 2

Except for Half the World

23) Bad Medicine--Bon Jovi

How many hackneyed cliches on one subject can you jam into four minutes?

This thread is like bad medicine,

bad medicine is what I need!

• Like 2

24) Love In An Elevator - Aerosmith

Speaking of hackneyed cliches...

Workin' like a dog for the boss man

Workin' for the company

I'm bettin' on the dice I'm tossin'

I'm gonna have a fantasy

But where am I gonna look

They tell me that love is blind

I really need a girl like an open book

To read between the lines

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

What ?!?!?

The year LZ II was released ( 1969 ) the kids in high school were walking around singing those lyrics, me included. Not saying the lyrics are great but for the times they sure were catchy. Certainly not in the category of the worst of all time lyrics.

Edited by custom55

What ?!?!?

The year LZ II was released ( 1969 ) the kids in high school were walking around singing those lyrics, me included. Not saying the lyrics are great but for the times they sure were catchy. Certainly not in the category of the worst of all time lyrics.

Plant delivers the lyrics in a great way which makes it fun to sing along with. But the lyrics themselves are pretty bad I think. I'm not saying it's a bad song but there's no doubt in my mind that zero thought was put into the lyrics.

1 Sexx Toyz by Brokencyde

2 Innocent High by Blood On The Dance Floor

3 Sexting by Blood On The Dance Floor

4 Pretty much every song by Larry Pierce

1 Sexx Toyz by Brokencyde

2 Innocent High by Blood On The Dance Floor

3 Sexting by Blood On The Dance Floor

4 Pretty much every song by Larry Pierce

Now next time name some bands we've actually heard of so everyone knows who you're talking about.

• Like 1