Jump to content


anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site

rush dating

  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 mad dogs and englishmen

mad dogs and englishmen

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

Sponsored Post

#2 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 10547 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

Horrible idea. The pickings would be pretty slim. There were only like five women in attendance at each Rush show.

#3 mad dogs and englishmen

mad dogs and englishmen

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

I agree that RUSH has a male oriented audience but there are also a lot of ladys in attendance or there has been at the shows i have been to , surely women have the wish to find like minded people

#4 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridgeâ„¢

  • Members *
  • 10044 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

If one your criteria for a partner is that they like a particular rock band, then I would suggest you are probably not ready for a relationship.

#5 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 73034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostFridge, on 13 May 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

If one your criteria for a partner is that they like a particular rock band, then I would suggest you are probably not ready for a relationship.
Could be worse...

https://trumpsingles.com/

#6 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4911 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 13 May 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostFridge, on 13 May 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

If one your criteria for a partner is that they like a particular rock band, then I would suggest you are probably not ready for a relationship.
Could be worse...

https://trumpsingles.com/

Can you imagine the "Republican at all costs" or "still better than Hillary" dullards you might find on that site? Those people shouldn't be allowed to breed and that site may help that to happen. DDoS that shit.

#7 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34093 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

The window for a Rush-themed dating site has probably closed. A better time for such an idea would have been 10 or so years ago. Not that I think it would have been a good idea in the first place, mind you.

And I agree with Fridge. Having a favorite band in common is never a bad thing, but to use that as your first criteria for trying to meet someone is forcing things, I think.

#8 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 10547 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

View Postmad dogs and englishmen, on 13 May 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

I agree that RUSH has a male oriented audience but there are also a lot of ladys in attendance or there has been at the shows i have been to , surely women have the wish to find like minded people

You might have better luck if there's a dating site out there that is for fans of progressive rock and metal in general. It will cast a wider net a little bit. But like others have said, it's not the best criteria for a relationship to want the woman to be a fan of one particular band.

On a somewhat related note, Rush concerts are the first big arena shows where I witnessed a line for the men's room going out the door while the women's room had nothing lol.

Edited by J2112YYZ, 13 May 2018 - 04:26 PM.


#9 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4297 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Once you find a woman that's interested in Rush (monumental challenge #1), you then have never ending arguments on songs and albums and it eventually ends in the shitter. What happens if one of you no longer prefer Rush? Oh the tragedy.

My wife and I have completely different tastes in music. And we have no arguments about it. There's a lesson to be learned.

Partners should bring their differences to your life. And some ying to your yang. One should not be looking for a clone with different genitals IMO.

#10 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4911 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 13 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Once you find a woman that's interested in Rush (monumental challenge #1), you then have never ending arguments on songs and albums and it eventually ends in the shitter. What happens if one of you no longer prefer Rush? Oh the tragedy.

My wife and I have completely different tastes in music. And we have no arguments about it. There's a lesson to be learned.

Partners should bring their differences to your life. And some ying to your yang. One should not be looking for a clone with different genitals IMO.

It would ultimately come down to if they could agree that Permanent Waves is an 80's album. If 1 of them was wrong and thought it was a 70's album, it would almost surely lead to divorce.

#11 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31978 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

View Postmad dogs and englishmen, on 13 May 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

This Forum already is one.

#12 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 4850 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

View Postmad dogs and englishmen, on 13 May 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 13 May 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

View Postmad dogs and englishmen, on 13 May 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

This Forum already is one.
Mad dogs and englishmen, meet RUSHHEAD666.

Edited by snowdogged, 13 May 2018 - 07:02 PM.


#13 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 57609 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 13 May 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

View Postmad dogs and englishmen, on 13 May 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

This Forum already is one.
:yes:

Several couples have met here, including Gabe and LABT.

#14 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31978 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

View Postgoose, on 13 May 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 13 May 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

View Postmad dogs and englishmen, on 13 May 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

This Forum already is one.
:yes:

Several couples have met here, including Gabe and LABT.

Yup!

#15 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 9125 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

My wife and I have completely different musical tastes, and MANY other differences as well. It took us half of our time together to figure out that this was actually our STRENGTH, and not something that would prevent us from having a functioning relationship.

#16 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

There's an "I don't want to ruin the mystique" joke to be made here . . .

#17 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

Also: https://www.billboar...on-the-internet

#18 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31978 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 13 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

My wife and I have completely different musical tastes, and MANY other differences as well. It took us half of our time together to figure out that this was actually our STRENGTH, and not something that would prevent us from having a functioning relationship.

Rod,

Besides my ex wife of 19 years growing apart for other reasons, there is no doubt that my passion or obsession with rock and roll, prog, heavy metal, jazz, fusion, on and on and on, she just couldn't get into it.

Out of my 60 RUSH shows I probably took her to about 24 of them.  I took her to 100s of concerts.  I thought she enjoyed it and I know she did in the beginning but sadly in the end she was done.  The strange thing was that she never said NO.  I would have gone by myself or with some buddies to all of those shows.
I know she loved me.  It was a good run.

Life goes on.

If I'm single for the rest of my life than that's cool with me.   My daughters are rock stars.

I will marry rock and roll.

Cheers buddy!  

Hope you and the family are well.

Happy Mother's Day!

#19 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31978 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

View Postthizzellewashington, on 13 May 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

There's an "I don't want to ruin the mystique" joke to be made here . . .

Don't you mean "Mystique Rhythms?"

LOL

#20 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4911 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

My wife and I originally communicated on Tri-Net (not Rush stuff) so you could say our mutual love of Rush brought us together. Next month we'll have been together for 12 years.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rush, dating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users