I really Thin Lizzy...I must starr collecting there albums soon.
  • Like 2

Renegade was the album that I enjoyed the most.
  • Like 2

Never understood the praise these guys got. They just sound like a regular rock band and nothing more to me.

I will leave now. Carry on.

Good riffs, pioneering harmony guitar work, sharp guitar solos, cool vocals, solid bass playing, tight drumming, storytelling-style lyrics and overall an original style. That's what I hear, and all that for me equals a great band.

• Like 3

Phil could do no wrong in my book .. You'd be hard pressed to find a more natural or gifted writer, vocalist, musician, rock star

Every single thing he ever did was, at the very least, very good ... He carried some of the lesser lineups on his back, and when he and Gary Moore got together - forget it, it was magic ...

• Like 3

Never understood the praise these guys got. They just sound like a regular rock band and nothing more to me.

J2112YYZ, if you haven;t already, give this a shot

Gary Moore on guitar ... The middle section is classic - epic - I can;t even think of enough good words

• Like 2

Playing Black Rose

Gosh they had a fantastic sound. The galloping riffs and drums remind me of Maiden a little.

Bloody fantastic album!

• Like 2

Good riffs, pioneering harmony guitar work, sharp guitar solos, cool vocals, solid bass playing, tight drumming, storytelling-style lyrics and overall an original style. That's what I hear, and all that for me equals a great band.

I gave the album Jailbreak a listen about ten years ago and didn't hear any of that at all. Actually found myself quite board while listening to it. Nothing stood out to me.

I gave the album Jailbreak a listen about ten years ago and didn't hear any of that at all. Actually found myself quite board while listening to it. Nothing stood out to me.

That's me and Steely Dan.

That's you, I was speaking for me, you gave your opinion already.

Bad Company is 'just another band'. There's much more to Thin Lizzy than that. There's some early Rush proggyness in some of their breaks if you listen closely. I admit being bored AF with 'Boys are Back' as well crafted as that song is. It just got over-played to death. But each to his own. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Renegade was the album that I enjoyed the most.

Wow! You are my little brother.

What do you think about "Chinatown?" Snowy White is also on the guitar.

What do you think about "Thunder And Lightning" with John Sykes on guitar? My fave!

THIN LIZZY is one of the greatest rock bands on Mother Earth.

My main goal to eventually visit Ireland is so I can kiss the Phil statue in Dublin and leave a black rose by his feet.

I also want to see the Rory guitar statue at some cool pub somewhere.

PHIL IS A LEGEND! RIP!

• Like 1

Jesus J! Really you???

The one who has a vast musical knowledge and loves to challenge my outlandish posts about all kinds of musical genres?

WTF???

Hey it's your opinion and right not to enjoy this LEGENDARY BAND but it's your loss.

Don't you dare judge THIN LIZZY on "Jailbreak."

I'll bet your bottom dollar that if you cranked "THUNDER AND LIGHTNING" your brain would light up like Elton John playing on a pinball machine! WHAT????

LIZZY RULES!

• Like 1

Jesus J! Really you???

The one who has a vast musical knowledge and loves to challenge my outlandish posts about all kinds of musical genres?

WTF???

Hey it's your opinion and right not to enjoy this LEGENDARY BAND but it's your loss.

I'll bet your bottom dollar that if you cranked "THUNDER AND LIGHTNING" your brain would light up like Elton John playing on a pinball machine! WHAT????

LIZZY RULES!

Yeah, I don't know what it is. They seem like a band I would like. Lots of bands I enjoy sing their praises. But whenever I hear something from them I always think 'yeah, this is ok' and then when it's done I completely forget everything I just heard. Nothing sticks for some reason.

I gave the link to Black Rose that Lucas put up a listen and I did like the song. But now, a day later I can't recall anything about it. Just a very odd thing when it comes to me trying to connect to this band.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Jesus J! Really you???

WTF???

LIZZY RULES!

Yeah, I don't know what it is. They seem like a band I would like. Lots of bands I enjoy sing their praises. But whenever I hear something from them I always think 'yeah, this is ok' and then when it's done I completely forget everything I just heard. Nothing sticks for some reason.

I gave the link to Black Rose that Lucas put up a listen and I did like the song. But now, a day later I can't recall anything about it. Just a very odd thing when it comes to me trying to connect to this band.

Maybe they're not quite heavy metal enough for you?