ALL ENCOMPASSING SUPER GROUP

Necromancer

Okay, in this band NO ONE is exempt. They can break the barriers of music styles, and genre, and most importantly, they can break the barrier of DEATH. YES... DEAD MUSICIANS are not being discriminated against anymore. We will find a way through intense negotiations with the powers that be to contract these musicians through any means neccessary. Half of them sold their souls anyway, so a trade shouldn't be out of the question, right? Post away. Everyone is included now. HAPPY???? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

My picks of such band are as follows:

Bass: Geddy Lee

Drums: Neil Peart

Acoustical Guitar Player/Banjo Player: Roy Clark. This is not a joke. Have you ever seen this guy play? He's amazing.

Co-Lead Guitars: Dimebag Darrel and Randy Rhoads

Rhythm Guitar: Andy Summers of the Police. He adds textures that go so unnoticed but are amazing.

Keyboards: Liberace. Hey... he could tickle those ivories like no one else. And since we're going outside EVERY boundry there is... who's better?

Occassional rapper: Eminem. since this band is going to be all about the diversity of music and since some people persist in the argument that "music is music", then we need a rapper. The only ones i can stomach in more than small doses are will smith and EMINEM. I think Em writes better stuff, so he gets the nod.

Female Lead Singer: Kate Bush. I think her voice is unparallelled (sp). She's the bomb.

Male Lead Singer: While not my favorite style, there is an undeniable quality to JOHNNY CASH. Hell, the guy covered NIN before he died. Can you imagine how cool he'd be hanging around Dimebag for awhile?

There you have it. My choice for ALL ENCOMPASSING SUPER GROUP. Please add your personal faves. We'll begin working out the contract negotiations. The Beyond Useless Supergroup Thread Management.

ok my first one. I am not putting Neil, Geddy or Alex in here they are my super group.

Drums- Stephen Perkins. He is so immensely underrated. He has an amazing style and is one of my favorite drummers.

Bass- Les Claypool. Need I say more????

Guitar- Trey Anastsio, hes brilliant and I love his sound.

Keyboards- Page Mc Connell or Brandon Curtis.

Male Singer- John Samson. He has an unique voice and would be great for this unique line up.

Female Singer- Fiona Apple. She has a strong sound and I love her voice.

Singer: Steven Wilson.

Guitar: Steven Wilson & Adrian Belew.

Bass: Mick Karn OR Tony Levin.

Drums: Neil Peart.

Keys: Mark Kelly OR Richard Barbieri.

Rapper: Flavor Flav. laugh.gif

Bass - Juan Alderete and Les Claypool (Racer X, The Mars Volta, various side projects and Primus)

Guitars - Omar Rodriguez Lopez (At the Drive-In, The Mars Volta)

Keys - Steiner, Jordan Rudess (Arcturus and LTE, DT, solo)

Drums - Flo Munier (Cryptopsy)

Vocals - Vintersorg (Vintersorg, Otyg, Borknagar)

Oh geez... The Latin influence of Alderete and Rodriguez Lopez... Metal influences of Flo and Vintersorg (clean and harsh vocals!!!)... Avantgarde weirdness from Steiner, pure awesomeness from Rudess. And, well, Claypool's a nut.

That could sound SO awesome...

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 5 2005, 05:01 PM)
Keyboards: Liberace. Hey... he could tickle those ivories like no one else. And since we're going outside EVERY boundry there is... who's better?

I can list a bunch of keyboard players better than Libercrotchy

Elton John

Bruce Hornsby

Billy Joel

Rick Wakeman (Yes)

Greg Allman (Allman Bros.)

Geddy Lee

Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater)

Stevie Wonder

Leon Russell

John Evan (Jethro Tull)

Edgar Winter

Rick Davies (Supertramp)

Ray Manzarek (The Doors)

Jon Lord (Deep Purple)

Me - Lead Guitar, backin vocals, cello and piano

Geddy Lee - bass, keyboards, backing vocals

Neil Peart - drums

Alex Lifeson - Rhythm guitar, my guitar tech

Serj Tankia - Vocals, guitar

Alicia Keys - piano, keyboards, backing vocals, vocals

That would be a super group IMO. smile.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 5 2005, 10:26 PM)
Can this be the last Supergroup thread in here?  I dont like stepping in like this, but come on, this is getting rediculous.  There are 7 supergroup threads on the first page alone.

Hmmmm... Should there be no more SUPERGROUP threads? I dunno. Let's see... all the threads have been getting answered by a few loyalists and they don't seem to bother anyone but YOU. So.... hmmmm... I only have around 300 posts and you have thousands, so i guess you know the qualities of good threads RIGHT? Soo.... If you're such a veteran and all, you must know that my thoughts and my ideas for threads are just lame and insignificant since you felt the need to ask for the threads to stop. Hmmmm. Since you were born when i graduated high school, most of these supergroup threads don't really make sense to you, do they, so I should stop them right? Hmmmm... And since with your vast amount of posting in here, you are a well respected veteran of thread posting and i'm sure all of your threads were totall kick ass threads that everyone liked. Hmmmm... So... If all this is true and even though you have the option to just ignore the thread and let me have my fun (and the others who have taken the time to post without me twisting their arms), then I should most definitely stop them, right? Hmmmmm...

NO!!!

Just the fact that you asked for a moratorium on SuperGroup Threads will cause a HUGE increase in SuperGroup threads. I'll prolly make every type of category i can think of now. Thanks for stopping by.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 6 2005, 04:07 PM)
Can this be the last Supergroup thread in here?  I dont like stepping in like this, but come on, this is getting rediculous.  There are 7 supergroup threads on the first page alone.

Hmmmm... Should there be no more SUPERGROUP threads? I dunno. Let's see... all the threads have been getting answered by a few loyalists and they don't seem to bother anyone but YOU. So.... hmmmm... I only have around 300 posts and you have thousands, so i guess you know the qualities of good threads RIGHT? Soo.... If you're such a veteran and all, you must know that my thoughts and my ideas for threads are just lame and insignificant since you felt the need to ask for the threads to stop. Hmmmm. Since you were born when i graduated high school, most of these supergroup threads don't really make sense to you, do they, so I should stop them right? Hmmmm... And since with your vast amount of posting in here, you are a well respected veteran of thread posting and i'm sure all of your threads were totall kick ass threads that everyone liked. Hmmmm... So... If all this is true and even though you have the option to just ignore the thread and let me have my fun (and the others who have taken the time to post without me twisting their arms), then I should most definitely stop them, right? Hmmmmm...

NO!!!

Just the fact that you asked for a moratorium on SuperGroup Threads will cause a HUGE increase in SuperGroup threads. I'll prolly make every type of category i can think of now. Thanks for stopping by.

He's the mod here dude....have some respect...he is probably being concerned with server space, is all.

You know, the supergroup idea was a good one, the first time around. Then the 2nd and 3rd came around, and they were interesting twists on the original idea. But why does there need to be 7 different threads dedicated to this subject? It gets old and repetitive really fast. And dont think you know anything about me or what I know based on my age. I also dont need to defend my musical knowledge to you or anyone else. And as Test said, I am a mod here, so see how far any more of the supergroup threads get.

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 6 2005, 12:07 AM)
Neil Peart - drums

I still think this is the best choice for any supergroup than any I've read in all 200 supergroup threads!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 6 2005, 03:40 PM)
Neil Peart - drums

I still think this is the best choice for any supergroup than any I've read in all 200 supergroup threads!! ohmy.gif

Ha, I would be your roadie. Put me in charge of piano moving and tuning wink.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 6 2005, 05:07 PM)

NO!!!

I'll put Moon's musical knowledge and mod skills up against anybodys. Moon knows his stuff. I don't care what year he graduated from high school. He's also one of the smartest guys you'll ever meet.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 6 2005, 06:43 PM)
Neil Peart - drums

Ha, I would be your roadie. Put me in charge of piano moving and tuning wink.gif

OK cool, I was going to get Alicia to tune our pianos but if you could help out then it will free her up for some other things. THANKS!

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 6 2005, 02:48 PM)
Neil Peart - drums

OK cool, I was going to get Alicia to tune our pianos but if you could help out then it will free her up for some other things. THANKS!

ummm, WHAT other things? confused13.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2005, 05:57 PM)
Neil Peart - drums

His organ.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2005, 06:57 PM)
Neil Peart - drums

Oh, I'm sure I can think of something. smile.gif

http://www.eforu.com/cards/pictures/aliciakeys/ak19.jpg

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 6 2005, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2005, 05:57 PM)
Neil Peart - drums

His organ.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 6 2005, 05:37 PM)
You know, the supergroup idea was a good one, the first time around.  Then the 2nd and 3rd came around, and they were interesting twists on the original idea.  But why does there need to be 7 different threads dedicated to this subject?  It gets old and repetitive really fast.  And dont think you know anything about me or what I know based on my age.  I also dont need to defend my musical knowledge to you or anyone else.  And as Test said,

I am a mod here, so see how far any more of the supergroup threads get.

I am soooooooo sorry comrade. I didn't know you were a big scary modstubator. Listen... it was all in fun. You want to go on a power kick, go ahead. I think it sucks that what i post, as long as it isn't TOO offensive, can have the plugs pulled because one person didn't like it. My original reply to you was in frikkin' jest son, but since you know so much about music and are a MOD... (please, i'm so shaking), you think you can take away my right to post about whatever i want. Boring or not to you, the thread helped me get through my day in some small way, which recently has been no easy task. Thank you for pissing all over that. MOD AWAY BOY.

This in no way takes away from my post in Random Samples of how I admire the admins for running a great forum that has until now helped me get through a ton of crap in my life. I retire from this subsection of this forum though because it's disgusting that this (expletive of your choice) can abuse his power in this way. IT HAS BEEN CLEAR THAT MY THREADS and the jokes that layed within were pure fun. I had so enjoyed them. When no one involved complained, how can i possibly continue in here when the threat of this hangs over your head because a mod was bored with it. Did it offend anyone? NO. Did I force anyone to read? NO. I didn't even mention it in chat unless others did, which a lot of people did, and all positive remarks also. If 1-0-0-1 is reading this, you can't tell me this is anything like what we were recently discussing. Now I would have to reevaluate my answer to your question on that. At least you have a point on that thread that got locked.

Please don't ask me to calm down. I'm not as upset as the words imply, but mainly disgusted and embarrassed. Not what i came here for. And the mods post was NO JOKE, so don't anyone tell me it was, please.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 6 2005, 05:07 PM)

NO!!!

What crawled up your ass Necro? He, as mod of this area, asked if this could be the last one - he didn't delete the thread, he didn't demand or order anything, he just asked. I don't think he is being unreasonable. You have the right to make any thread you want but he also has the right to get irritated seeing the same thing over and over. No hard feelings, but seems you are after Moon for some reason, first in the Random Sample thread the other day and now this. If you have a problem maybe you should kinda PM him and work it out that way. confused13.gif

And just to add Necro, you are a good guy here and well liked (by myself included), but I just don't get the hostility to Moon the past day or two - Moon is a good guy and has been with us since day one - he deserves some courtesy and respect in my opinion. No hard feelings. trink39.gif

Archived