Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2018-19 Season Thread

Well here I sit one year to the date of opening last seasons Bucs thread. I remember beaming with excitement of great things to come. Everyone (well almost) seemed to be on the Bucs band wagon. with the announcement of appearing on HBO's Hard Knocks, some great free agent acquisitions (well at least seemed to be) and a solid draft, I even bought into the "hype" hook' line & sinker. Finishing 5-11 and winning the last meaningless game to ruin a 3rd pick in the 1st round really put a bad taste in not only my mouth but much of the tampa Bay area. Last season was a season that so many things went wrong one couldn't point the finger at any one thing. Then with the owners deciding to raise ticket prices and the organization as a whole having a "we're real close to making things happen" attitude "we will keep things basically the same was the straw that broke the camels back for me... From my chair 5-11 does not say close to success, but it is close to the bottom. I have for the 1st time in many years decided to give up my season tickets as I cannot justify throwing away my hard earned money to support a sub par product. I will still always root for my Bucs to win but the "Siege My Pay" days are over! I will be a fan from afar this season.

Go Bucs! :madra:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well here I sit one year to the date of opening last seasons Bucs thread. I remember beaming with excitement of great things to come. Everyone (well almost) seemed to be on the Bucs band wagon. with the announcement of appearing on HBO's Hard Knocks, some great free agent acquisitions (well at least seemed to be) and a solid draft, I even bought into the "hype" hook' line & sinker. Finishing 5-11 and winning the last meaningless game to ruin a 3rd pick in the 1st round really put a bad taste in not only my mouth but much of the tampa Bay area. Last season was a season that so many things went wrong one couldn't point the finger at any one thing. Then with the owners deciding to raise ticket prices and the organization as a whole having a "we're real close to making things happen" attitude "we will keep things basically the same was the straw that broke the camels back for me... From my chair 5-11 does not say close to success, but it is close to the bottom. I have for the 1st time in many years decided to give up my season tickets as I cannot justify throwing away my hard earned money to support a sub par product. I will still always root for my Bucs to win but the "Siege My Pay" days are over! I will be a fan from afar this season.

How do you like the Bucs draft?

Overall High C's

Mostly because of the 1st round

Overall High C's

Oh yeah that very big dude, what about the three picks in round 2?

Overall High C's

I think picking up a RB & 2 CB's was a good strategic move. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the individuals to make an accurate assessment. It does seem the Bucs have had proven success with lower picks.

Only time will tell

Overall High C's

I think picking up a RB & 2 CB's was a good strategic move. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the individuals to make an accurate assessment. It does seem the Bucs have had proven success with lower picks.

Only time will tell

They could be offensive and defensive rookies of the year, All-Pro team, like the SAINTS rookies last year! ;)

• Like 1

Overall High C's

Only time will tell

They could be offensive and defensive rookies of the year, All-Pro team, like the SAINTS rookies last year! ;)

Aye!

• Like 1

hfg4jg9tkwbl1yaotxko.png

800.jpeg

Breaking News!

It has been unofficially, officially confirmed today that Jamis Winston will miss the 1st 3 games of the 2018/19 NFL season due to a misconduct policy suspension.

So today it was made official via announcement from the NFL that QB Jamis Winston will be suspended for the first 3 games of the 2018/19 season. This means my Bucs will be without their "franchise" QB for NO, PIT & PHI !! Who will be replacing Jamis? Well at this point either erratic vet Ryan Fitzpatrick or unproved rookie Ryan Griffin. Last season RG was giving RF a run for his $$$ in training camp but was injured in a worthless preseason game. Back to Jamis, the talk of the town is he struck a closed door deal with the NFL investigators keeping his suspension from being 6 games ( which is the NFL sexual misconduct policy)to just 3. He went from claiming his complete innocence of crotch grabbing a female Uber driver to issuing a formal apology to the Uber driver, Bucs org & fans? It was also understood that Jamis was given warning that any other related type incident could lead to his expulsion from the league. I feel this latest incident is indicative of a bad decision maker (on & off the field) making yet another bad decision. With that said I know I wasn't the best decision maker at 23-4 years of age but then again I wasn't in the public "spotlight"... From my chair this is so typical of the Bucs and I can say ALL the Jamis haters are out in full force. I can only predict that #3 will be run out of town and go on to win a Superbowl where ever he lands... Only time will tell :facepalm:

So today it was made official via announcement from the NFL that QB Jamis Winston will be suspended for the first 3 games of the 2018/19 season. This means my Bucs will be without their "franchise" QB for NO, PIT & PHI !! Who will be replacing Jamis? Well at this point either erratic vet Ryan Fitzpatrick or unproved rookie Ryan Griffin. Last season RG was giving RF a run for his $$$ in training camp but was injured in a worthless preseason game. Back to Jamis, the talk of the town is he struck a closed door deal with the NFL investigators keeping his suspension from being 6 games ( which is the NFL sexual misconduct policy)to just 3. He went from claiming his complete innocence of crotch grabbing a female Uber driver to issuing a formal apology to the Uber driver, Bucs org & fans? It was also understood that Jamis was given warning that any other related type incident could lead to his expulsion from the league. I feel this latest incident is indicative of a bad decision maker (on & off the field) making yet another bad decision. With that said I know I wasn't the best decision maker at 23-4 years of age but then again I wasn't in the public "spotlight"... From my chair this is so typical of the Bucs and I can say ALL the Jamis haters are out in full force. I can only predict that #3 will be run out of town and go on to win a Superbowl where ever he lands... Only time will tell :facepalm:

Big Ben wants an explanation!

Big Ben wants an explanation!

Big Ben Bathroom Sex found Jesus...all is forgiven.

• Like 1

Jamis Winston aka J-boo Groper hating in full swing as today his larger than life image was removed from Raymond James Stadium today.

This was done by the owners of his own team...

I feel the end is near for #3

Jamis Winston aka J-boo groper hating in full swing as today his larger than life image was removed from Raymond James Stadium today.

He can get a new job playing lead guitar in this band maybe, he's got the IQ for it?

Jamis Winston aka J-boo Groper hating in full swing as today his larger than life image was removed from Raymond James Stadium today.

You'll be better off in the long run. I don't think he's a franchise QB.

He's a mug who's barely cognizant! He might even be classed as an inanimate object.

He's a mug who's barely cognizant! He might even be classed as an inanimate object.

Wanna make a deal for Paxton Lynch ??

Actually, I don;t know - and I don;t think the Broncos even know what they've got in Lynch

He was drafted knowing fully well it was going to be a 2-3 year project, but from the neck up, I'm not sure he's got the moxie .. All the physical tools are there though

Actually, I don;t know - and I don;t think the Broncos even know what they've got in Lynch

He was drafted knowing fully well it was going to be a 2-3 year project, but from the neck up, I'm not sure he's got the moxie .. All the physical tools are there though

And from the neck down he's an ass grabbing maniac!

And from the neck down he's an ass grabbing maniac!

I think he was referring to Lynch, not Winston