AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR REACTION THREAD

Principled Man

Avengers: Infinity War DVD's and Blu-rays arrived today! Can't sell 'em (or buy 'em) until Tuesday...... :doh: :doh:

Only 30 hours, 40 minutes to go before you can (legally) buy Avengers: Infinity War in stores! :laughing guy:

What do all the DVD extras yield?

The DVD may not have any extras.

The digital and Blu-ray releases include behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentary, deleted scenes, and a blooper reel. The digital release also features a roundtable discussion between MCU directors the Russos, Jon Favreau, Joss Whedon, James Gunn, Ryan Coogler, Peyton Reed, and Taika Waititi. [Wikipedia]

:cheers:

Ah ok. Whenever I say “DVD”, I always mean DVD & blu-ray as one thing.

Gunn claimed to know a lot about the comics yet he butchered so much about some of the characters themselves. I can understand changing some story events due to the running time restraints etc BUT some of the characters themselves? I don’t get it.

And Waititi...he clearly doesn’t give a shit about comic history and the characters within that. I can understand most moviegoers (who are non-comic fans) don’t either. But man, Thor Ragnarok was cringeworthy in so many parts for me.

To me, as far as the newer MCU directors go, Coogler and Reed are good fits.

• Like 1

Just finished my first viewing of Infinity War in the comfort of my own home. :haz: :haz:

Many more viewings to follow!!

The Deleted Scenes in the Blu-ray are not worth anyone's time. The CGI in every scene is only half complete. It's like watching a poor video game.

The Deleted Scenes in the Blu-ray are not worth anyone's time. The CGI in every scene is only half complete. It's like watching a poor video game.

What are some of the deleted scenes?

There was a deleted bit in Avengers 2 that should’ve been developed. It’s an extended fight scene right when Vision is born. What we got in the cinema was maybe half as long as what was originally intended. Damn shame.

And Vision still hasn’t shown what he’s truly capable of. Hopefully, we’ll see more of what I’m talking about in Avengers 4...despite what happened in Infinity War.

What are some of the deleted scenes?

There was a deleted bit in Avengers 2 that should’ve been developed. It’s an extended fight scene right when Vision is born. What we got in the cinema was maybe half as long as what was originally intended. Damn shame.

And Vision still hasn’t shown what he’s truly capable of. Hopefully, we’ll see more of what I’m talking about in Avengers 4...despite what happened in Infinity War.

Wanda and Vision being attacked in Scotland.

Nebula escaping from Thanos' ship.

Quill, Drax and Mantis arguing on their ship, cause they missed Nebula calling them for 5 hours....

Thanos and Gamorah arguing on his ship, after he took her from Knowhere.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll see Vision gain much control over the Mind Stone (assuming he comes back from the dead and gets the Stone back). He can't get too powerful, otherwise, he would be invincible, and no more need for anymore Avengers...... :LOL:

We saw what Wanda was capable of doing. Her psychic powers are formidable. She gave Thanos quite a battle.

We definitely need closure on Bruce Banner/Hulk. There had better be a GOOD reason why Banner couldn't transform into the Hulk. If this sub plot isn't resolved well, it will be a major flaw in the film, in my opinion.

I don't think we'll see Vision gain much control over the Mind Stone (assuming he comes back from the dead and gets the Stone back). He can't get too powerful, otherwise, he would be invincible, and no more need for anymore Avengers...... :LOL:

We saw what Wanda was capable of doing. Her psychic powers are formidable. She gave Thanos quite a battle.

We definitely need closure on Bruce Banner/Hulk. There had better be a GOOD reason why Banner couldn't transform into the Hulk. If this sub plot isn't resolved well, it will be a major flaw in the film, in my opinion.

They’ve given an Infinity Stone to Vision for the films (which is ok with me) but they haven’t had him do much with it.

Doc Strange has/had a stone and so did Ronan. We’ve seen how powerful they both are/were. We haven’t seen that with Vision.

A single stone doesn’t make anyone invincible. It makes them very dangerous.

This is my beef.

Forgot to talk about this earlier.

There are a couple of theories I’ve seen on why Banner didn’t transform. Imho, they’re both pretty shit. Since they’re just fan theories we shouldn’t take them too seriously but I’ll put them in spoilers just in case one of them eventually happens.

Theory 1: Banner is actually Loki in Infinity War.

He’s been posing as Banner so that some of the Asgardians + the real Banner/Hulk could get away from Thanos’ initial attack. Loki can’t turn into Hulk so that’s that.

This theory is worse than the second simply because it means Loki kept trying to do something he knew couldn’t do (turn into Hulk). So he was just doing that for kicks throughout the entire movie then decided to wear the Iron Man Hulkbuster armor to take on some of Thanos’ thugs?! And Hulk escaped with Valkyrie and the other Asgardians during that opening scene?!

Absolute nonsense.

Theory 2: Hulk is scared so he won’t come out.

This theory would happen in the hands of crap like Waititi or maybe James Gunn. But not the Russo brothers. Being scared and not coming out isn’t what Hulk does from a character standpoint. Like Cap, he keeps fighting. Like Wolverine. Especially these 3 never give up.

And then there’s the JohnnyBlaze theory ;) ....

I don’t think they’ll really give the “good reason” you’re looking for. Actually, what kind of reason are you looking for?

I think it’ll be explained simply as Banner and Hulk fighting over the same body and wanting their time in the spotlight...but on their own terms. Hulk doesn’t want to appear just because Banner wants him to. He hates Banner. And Banner hates him. This is how the character has always worked in the comics. What I guess we’ll probably see in Avengers 4 is Banner and Hulk “working it out” and becoming an amalgam of the two: either Smart Hulk or Grey Hulk.

Think about this: in Avengers 1 they didn’t explain how Banner could turn into Hulk on command. He just suddenly could. Given that plus the things I already mentioned, I don’t think much will be explained...especially since the whole Banner/Hulk storyline is a small subplot in the grand scheme of Avengerdom.

:blaze:

Actually, what kind of reason are you looking for?

A valid reason. One that is plausible and makes sense in the context of the story line. If it turns out that Banner is having "performance issues" just for the sake of providing laughs, then that would be a major fail to me.

From The Avengers, Banner said "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." That's what he said right before he became the Hulk and decked the Chtauri ship.

It could be that even the Hulk has his limits. For the first time, the Hulk experienced fear - great fear - which was stronger than his rage. Pure speculation, but in Avengers 4, we could see Banner getting a good reason to get super-enraged, like perhaps the death of Natasha. That would send Banner/Hulk over the edge.

• Like 1

Actually, what kind of reason are you looking for?

A valid reason. One that is plausible and makes sense in the context of the story line. If it turns out that Banner is having "performance issues" just for the sake of providing laughs, then that would be a major fail to me.

From The Avengers, Banner said "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." That's what he said right before he became the Hulk and decked the Chtauri ship.

It could be that even the Hulk has his limits. For the first time, the Hulk experienced fear - great fear - which was stronger than his rage. Pure speculation, but in Avengers 4, we could see Banner getting a good reason to get super-enraged, like perhaps the death of Natasha. That would send Banner/Hulk over the edge.

Yes, I remember what he told Cap in Avengers 1 (then punched the giant alien caterpillar spaceship). But that’s what I’m saying/meant - it was just there. There was no real explanation. I’m not even sure if one was necessary. Banner just said it and that was that. I know that it didn’t bother me though...or if it did bother me then it wasn’t significant.

In Thor Rag it was more of the classic dumb Hulk in control with very little Banner.

But we might see a super-enraged Hulk as you’re saying. And Natasha might surely die. But we’ve (kind of) seen the savage Hulk already when the Scarlet Witch played tricks with his mind in Age of Ultron. They’re likely going to go a different route than that. And I think those routes are Professor (smart) Hulk or the cunning Grey Hulk.

Additionally, I don’t think in Avengers 4 we’ll see a savage Hulk (who already got a beatdown) pummeling Thanos into submission. But I can imagine a Smart or Grey Hulk getting some kind of revenge on Thanos for that Infinity War beating. In this way Hulk AND Banner would taste victory and not just one of them.

I’ve digressed but yeah I don’t think it’ll be explained too deeply.

I've watched "Avengers: Infinity War" in 3-D two times, and I liked it a lot.