AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR REACTION THREAD

Principled Man

Sorry i'm late with this. been busy.

but........and i know it's becoming redundant with marvel and i.....but i loved this movie.

it's hard to really talk about without spoilers. but i just say right now. the character that owned film for me was Thanos. what a wonderful job they did with this character. Josh Brolin rules here.

Considering it just seemed like he was gonna be your stock baddie with his build up in past films. but.......WOW my fav antagonist they've had yet.

and this ENDING though. Can't wait to see what happens next. Oh and i must MUST see more thor and Rocket together, lol

That was my brief you but ir's an A. firmly from me.

Mick

I want to watch all these films before the end of the year!

is this the beginnings of a "Segue"? lol

funny story about seeing all the films. my mom tagged along and she was like there was barly any story. it was fighting!! i was like yea. it's a cinematic universe. there WAS a story. it's just told over many films, lo l

hope you come to love it like we all do bud.

Mick

it's a cinematic universe. there WAS a story. it's just told over many films, lol

I totally respect how Marvel Films didn't make Infinity War for the casual fan. They made it for the loyal fans who have watched all the films of the past 10+ years.

:haz: :haz:

• Like 1

it's a cinematic universe. there WAS a story. it's just told over many films, lol

I totally respect how Marvel Films didn't make Infinity War for the casual fan. They made it for the loyal fans who have watched all the films of the past 10+ years.

:haz: :haz:

and it's amazingly consistent. with only a few duds along the way.

Mick

Sorry i'm late with this. been busy.

but........and i know it's becoming redundant with marvel and i.....but i loved this movie.

it's hard to really talk about without spoilers. but i just say right now. the character that owned film for me was Thanos. what a wonderful job they did with this character. Josh Brolin rules here.

Considering it just seemed like he was gonna be your stock baddie with his build up in past films. but.......WOW my fav antagonist they've had yet.

and this ENDING though. Can't wait to see what happens next. Oh and i must MUST see more thor and Rocket together, lol

That was my brief you but ir's an A. firmly from me.

Mick

I want to watch all these films before the end of the year!

is this the beginnings of a "Segue"? lol

funny story about seeing all the films. my mom tagged along and she was like there was barly any story. it was fighting!! i was like yea. it's a cinematic universe. there WAS a story. it's just told over many films, lo l

hope you come to love it like we all do bud.

Mick

I did say I had superhero burnout and was ignoring them until I felt ready to dive back in. I've also praised the few superhero movies I have seen recently (notably Man Of Steel and Guardians Of The Galaxy). But I just couldn't separate the movies from the hype. Now we are onto film 20 and the reviews are still great and I feel quite starved of superhero fun, I am ready to kick start my Marvel journey again!

• Like 2

I’ve seen most of the Marvel movies and enjoyed those. I can’t say that any really stuck with me, but I remember enjoying the Guardians movies, Spider-Man, and Iron Man the most. I haven’t seen the last Thor or Black Panther. That probably influences my opinions on this movie, and I will go back and see them.

But this movie was a huge, relentless, boring, mess. It has way, way too many people in it and these people all are doing the greatest hits of what they’ve done before without the pauses for any drama at all to exist. Also, while I should have expected it due to the name of the movie, but the ending was horrible.

I would say that I was confused but entertained for the first hour or so, and then less entertained in the middle, and then exhausted by the last 45 minutes. This movie isn’t horrible for what it is, and it stayed entertaining for most of it’s overblown running time, but I won’t be paying money to watch this again.

Pretty much what my son thought of the movie. I think I'll pass.

Same with my daughter. I haven't seen it myself, and have no particular desire to do so.

No...I know it's a SPOILERS

Captain Marvel allusion. But the abruptness of the ending would totally bamboozle the non-serious Marvel movie fan.

You should see audiences out here in Japan after watching MCU mid and post credits. Nobody knows what the hell is going on! lol

Catching some of their conversations as we are all walking out of the cinema, I find that they are nowhere close to understanding what the end credits scenes mean.

I didn’t understand it, nor did the Singaporeans with whom I watched the movie. Actually, 70% of the theater left before the post credits scene, so I imagine they were coming because of advertising.

Here, less than half a dozen people of the nearly full theater walked out during the credits.

Earlier, I said that I was surprised that the movie was even made. Part of my reason is because many viewers wouldn't or couldn't understand what's happening if they hadn't seen all of the MCU flicks and/or if they weren't a Marvel geek in the first place.

To me, it's very easy to understand why some people don't like these MCU movies. What's hard to understand is why some viewers prefer the DC flicks. :P

I used to say I preferred the DC flicks.

I was wrong. Haha

I love Man Of Steel. Harley Quinn was PERFECTLY cast. These two things had me hooked.

But I am dipping my toe back into Marvel waters. Havung avoided all the movies for about five years, I am slowly catching up and enjoying them very much. I don't think they are masterpieces but they are made to purely entertain and for that...much credit!

I really enjoyed the first Guardians.

My partner said something very interesting to me though. He said the reason I don't quite get these movies is that I, as a big dark/epic fantasy reader, am used to more darkness in my heroic stories, and he suggested I invest time in the REAL stories in the comics.

You have said similar to this if I recall. Are the movies too lightweight? Because the edgier atmosphere is what I prefer in DC even of the movies are very poor in comparison

“Lightweight” works for some characters and their movies. For example, it works for Spidey and Ant-Man because they’re not dark characters to start with. Thor Rag and GotG2 are too lightweight though. And when you really look at it, those movie makers (of Thor Rag & GotG2) don’t really know the characters. They do whatever they like for the joke itself. They absolutely butchered some of those characters. As someone who has loved these characters for 40 years, it doesn’t work. It’s not in their character to say or do some of the things that happened in the movies. You can only separate the movie from the comic character to an extent before it turns absurd.

Then, when you look at the MCU movies that worked, they’re done by those that really know the characters (I find this in interviews when they talk about the history, etc.).

* I did like GotG1 despite some of the characters being totally off the mark.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

i am not overly familiar with the comics. i know basic plot points but i've never dived into them. for me it doesn't affect my enjoyment of them in the least. i've loved the MCU films on the basis i think they are highly entertaining films.

and that's all i need.

maybe i'm just a basic bitch, lol.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

i am not overly familiar with the comics. i know basic plot points but i've never dived into them. for me it doesn't affect my enjoyment of them in the least. i've loved the MCU films on the basis i think they are highly entertaining films.

and that's all i need.

Mick

:LOL:

I hear you.

But as an example, the original Guardians of the Galaxy (comic) team and storyline is based on universal genocide. Each team member was the last of their kind: human Vance Astro (not yet shown in the MCU...I thought Stallone should’ve been him and not that bs version of Stakkar/Starhawk in the movie), Plutonian Martinex (the crystal-looking side character in GotG2), Charlie 27 from Jupiter (played by Ving Rhames in GotG2), and Centaurian hunter Yondu. Think about how Yondu was in the MCU and think about how he was originally depicted for decades in the comics with a personality akin to a mystical kind of Mr. Spock. Sure, if you don’t know the character it wouldn’t matter I guess. But for me, jeez it was painful to see the redneck swagger and gold/silver teeth to boot in the MCU version. And don’t get me started on his plastic dorsal fin seen in GotG2!

Grandmaster and Collector versions in the other MCU movies annoy me too much too. But those are other bitchings better saved for another day :LOL:

Oh, the MCU is currently at 14-5 with me. That’s pretty good imho especially considering how overly critical I can be and how much I do love some of them (ex: Avengers 1, Cap 3, maybe a couple more)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

and that's all i need.

Mick

:LOL:

I hear you.

But as an example, the original Guardians of the Galaxy (comic) team and storyline is based on universal genocide. Each team member was the last of their kind: human Vance Astro (not yet shown in the MCU...I thought Stallone should’ve been him and not that bs version of Stakkar/Starhawk in the movie), Plutonian Martinex (the crystal-looking side character in GotG2), Charlie 27 from Jupiter (played by Ving Rhames in GotG2), and Centaurian hunter Yondu. Think about how Yondu was in the MCU and think about how he was originally depicted for decades in the comics with a personality akin to a mystical kind of Mr. Spock. Sure, if you don’t know the character it wouldn’t matter I guess. But for me, jeez it was painful to see the redneck swagger and gold/silver teeth to boot in the MCU version. And don’t get me started on his plastic dorsal fin seen in GotG2!

Grandmaster and Collector versions in the other MCU movies annoy me too much too. But those are other bitchings better saved for another day :LOL:

Oh, the MCU is currently at 14-5 with me. That’s pretty good imho especially considering how overly critical I can be and how much I do love some of them (ex: Avengers 1, Cap 3, maybe a couple more)

it's ok Yondu annoys me in the films anyway.

they had that alleged touching send off for him......i'm just like good. lol

never liked his MCU character.

Mick

oh and my number is the same as yours johnny. Amazing feat if you ask me.

Mick

It is especially considering they’re superhero stories.

Which were your 5 losses?

Mine: Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Thor Rag, GotG2

Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Doctor Strange (but i've liked his appearances in other heroes movies.....go figure lol) and Guardians 2. so same except one.

Mick

• Like 1

Overall I thought it was ok. As always with Marvel movies it could have been better with a little less action and more plot / character interaction. But it was better than many Marvel movies in that sense. I loved the special effects - esp. when Dr. Strange was casting spells. Thats what I had always envisioned seeing in a comic book made into a movie right from when I started reading comics in the 1970's. I liked the conversations between Thor (always one of my favorite Marvel characters) and the rabbit. Really enjoyed that. Also enjoyed some of the conversations between Iron Man, Dr. Strange & Spider Man.

I am sort of less than thrilled with arc of the Marvel Movies overall due to the horrible job they have done with the Asgardians and Surter / Ragnorok. That should have been a multi - part movie (IMO) - loved those mags.

So, it was ok. Will I see it again? No. Will I see the next Avengers movie? Maybe.

• Like 1

Overall I thought it was ok. As always with Marvel movies it could have been better with a little less action and more plot / character interaction. But it was better than many Marvel movies in that sense. I loved the special effects - esp. when Dr. Strange was casting spells. Thats what I had always envisioned seeing in a comic book made into a movie right from when I started reading comics in the 1970's. I liked the conversations between Thor (always one of my favorite Marvel characters) and the rabbit. Really enjoyed that. Also enjoyed some of the conversations between Iron Man, Dr. Strange & Spider Man.

I am sort of less than thrilled with arc of the Marvel Movies overall due to the horrible job they have done with the Asgardians and Surter / Ragnorok. That should have been a multi - part movie (IMO) - loved those mags.

So, it was ok. Will I see it again? No. Will I see the next Avengers movie? Maybe.

I agree that they mucked up Surtur (among a dozen plus other things). Clancy Brown, voice of Surtur, was even a great casting yet it didn’t matter.

Yeah, the Iron Man, Doc Strange, Spidey mix was good stuff. Those 3 are some of the best casting choices in the MCU.

Yeah, the Iron Man, Doc Strange, Spidey mix was good stuff. Those 3 are some of the best casting choices in the MCU.

I doubt that anyone could have played Stark better than Downey, Jr. If anyone was born for that role, it was him.

• Like 1

I doubt that anyone could have played Stark better than Downey, Jr. If anyone was born for that role, it was him.

Yeah I can’t think of anyone who could’ve played him better either

I was initially a bit turned off by Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, but he's grown on me. He was superb in Age of Ultron. He and Johannson had a great scene in Barton's "safehouse".

I was initially a bit turned off by Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, but he's grown on me. He was superb in Age of Ultron. He and Johannson had a great scene in Barton's "safehouse".

Ruffalo isn’t bad but he doesn’t seem like Banner to me. None of the big screen actors have seemed like Banner to me. Not sure who would be good in the role though.

DVD & Blu-ray release on August 14th! Cannot wait!!

:sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

Avengers: Infinity War DVD's and Blu-rays arrived today! Can't sell 'em (or buy 'em) until Tuesday...... :doh: :doh:
  • Like 1

Avengers: Infinity War DVD's and Blu-rays arrived today! Can't sell 'em (or buy 'em) until Tuesday...... :doh: :doh:

Only 30 hours, 40 minutes to go before you can (legally) buy Avengers: Infinity War in stores! :laughing guy:

Only 30 hours, 40 minutes to go before you can (legally) buy Avengers: Infinity War in stores! :laughing guy:

What do all the DVD extras yield?

The DVD may not have any extras.

The digital and Blu-ray releases include behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentary, deleted scenes, and a blooper reel. The digital release also features a roundtable discussion between MCU directors the Russos, Jon Favreau, Joss Whedon, James Gunn, Ryan Coogler, Peyton Reed, and Taika Waititi. [Wikipedia]

• Like 1