AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR REACTION THREAD

Principled Man

Here’s a rumor and quasi-spoiler for Avengers 4...

((Principled Man, I know you don’t like hearing too much about upcoming movies so I’d stay away from my following comments:))

Avengers 4 has already wrapped up filming and a few weeks ago Hugh Jackman was seen in Logan-like clothing and sporting the trademark hairstyle and facial hair at the Atlanta set of Avengers 4. Photos of that exist but I’m too lazy to post them here. Who knows if Logan/Wolverine will actually be in Avengers 4 but that’s the rumor (sprinkled with a few photos). It’s true that Marvel/Disney has gotten the Fox X-Men deal but all the kinks haven’t been worked out and personally I doubt Logan will be in Avengers 4. I think the whole X-Men and Fantastic Four joining the MCU won’t be sorted for another 2-3 years. And I’d guess that the Fantastic Four join first anyway.

I can totally imagine Galactus being the big baddie for the end of Phase 4 or 5 though. Silver Surfer would come before that of course.

As long as I’m digressing and speculating...With the destruction of Xandar in Infinity War, I think Nova (Richard Rider or otherwise) should be coming along pretty soon. Same for Adam Warlock.

I’ve seen most of the Marvel movies and enjoyed those. I can’t say that any really stuck with me, but I remember enjoying the Guardians movies, Spider-Man, and Iron Man the most. I haven’t seen the last Thor or Black Panther. That probably influences my opinions on this movie, and I will go back and see them.

But this movie was a huge, relentless, boring, mess. It has way, way too many people in it and these people all are doing the greatest hits of what they’ve done before without the pauses for any drama at all to exist. Also, while I should have expected it due to the name of the movie, but the ending was horrible.

I would say that I was confused but entertained for the first hour or so, and then less entertained in the middle, and then exhausted by the last 45 minutes. This movie isn’t horrible for what it is, and it stayed entertaining for most of it’s overblown running time, but I won’t be paying money to watch this again.

I’ll be checking this out in a few hours. I’ll be back with my thoughts afterwards.

I’ll say this though: there is no hype out here (other than a few tv commercials and some ads about heavily commuted areas) so I can’t say that any hype has influenced me in anyway.

I stayed clear of all hype and spoilers. I even averted my eyes when TV commercials came on.... :laughing guy:

I do this for all movies in which I have interest.

No...I know it's a SPOILERS

Captain Marvel allusion. But the abruptness of the ending would totally bamboozle the non-serious Marvel movie fan.

You should see audiences out here in Japan after watching MCU mid and post credits. Nobody knows what the hell is going on! lol

Catching some of their conversations as we are all walking out of the cinema, I find that they are nowhere close to understanding what the end credits scenes mean.

I didn’t understand it, nor did the Singaporeans with whom I watched the movie. Actually, 70% of the theater left before the post credits scene, so I imagine they were coming because of advertising.

I’ve seen most of the Marvel movies and enjoyed those. I can’t say that any really stuck with me, but I remember enjoying the Guardians movies, Spider-Man, and Iron Man the most. I haven’t seen the last Thor or Black Panther. That probably influences my opinions on this movie, and I will go back and see them.

But this movie was a huge, relentless, boring, mess. It has way, way too many people in it and these people all are doing the greatest hits of what they’ve done before without the pauses for any drama at all to exist. Also, while I should have expected it due to the name of the movie, but the ending was horrible.

I would say that I was confused but entertained for the first hour or so, and then less entertained in the middle, and then exhausted by the last 45 minutes. This movie isn’t horrible for what it is, and it stayed entertaining for most of it’s overblown running time, but I won’t be paying money to watch this again.

Pretty much what my son thought of the movie. I think I'll pass.

Captain Marvel allusion. But the abruptness of the ending would totally bamboozle the non-serious Marvel movie fan.

You should see audiences out here in Japan after watching MCU mid and post credits. Nobody knows what the hell is going on! lol

Catching some of their conversations as we are all walking out of the cinema, I find that they are nowhere close to understanding what the end credits scenes mean.

I didn’t understand it, nor did the Singaporeans with whom I watched the movie. Actually, 70% of the theater left before the post credits scene, so I imagine they were coming because of advertising.

Here, less than half a dozen people of the nearly full theater walked out during the credits.

Earlier, I said that I was surprised that the movie was even made. Part of my reason is because many viewers wouldn't or couldn't understand what's happening if they hadn't seen all of the MCU flicks and/or if they weren't a Marvel geek in the first place.

To me, it's very easy to understand why some people don't like these MCU movies. What's hard to understand is why some viewers prefer the DC flicks. :P

SPOILERS AHEAD! As good as it was, I don't think this was the best MCU movie; there is too much going on to just sit back and enjoy this fully; total tension all the time. The action parts are bordering on 'too busy' like a Transformers movie. BUT, this is kinda what needed to happen...a culmination of everything that has happened so far concerning the Infinity Stones. And I do really like this movie. I think Avengers 4 will effect the way I view Infinity War too. Obviously, everyone who disintegrated will be brought back, and almost certainly the character that was 'sacrificed' for the Soul Stone will return. The next movie will be heavier because it will be the original Avengers team sacrificing themselves (at least some of them) to bring back everyone. My guess is there will be a race to forge another Infinity Gauntlet since Thanos pretty much fried his glove pulling out the power move at the end. Avengers 4 title prediction: Avengers Assemble! or Infinity Gauntlet.

PS--The Valkyrie is still alive. One of the Russo's confirmed she escaped with several Asguardians. He said Korg and Miek's fates are up in the air. Another prediction: She'll take Thor's place on the team.

Edited by GeddyLeeRoth

As good as it was, I don't think this was the best MCU movie; there is too much going on to just sit back and enjoy this fully; total tension all the time. The action parts are bordering on 'too busy' like a Transformers movie. BUT, this is kinda what needed to happen...a culmination of everything that has happened so far concerning the Infinity Stones. And I do really like this movie. I think Avengers 4 will effect the way I view Infinity War too. Obviously, everyone who disintegrated will be brought back, and almost certainly the character that was 'sacrificed' for the Soul Stone will return. The next movie will be heavier because it will be the original Avengers team sacrificing themselves (at least some of them) to bring back everyone. My guess is there will be a race to forge another Infinity Gauntlet since Thanos pretty much fried his glove pulling out the power move at the end. Avengers 4 title prediction: Avengers Assemble! or Infinity Gauntlet.

PS--The Valkyrie is still alive. One of the Russo's confirmed she escaped with several Asguardians. He said Korg and Miek's fates are up in the air. Another prediction: She'll take Thor's place on the team.

Spoilers!

As good as it was, I don't think this was the best MCU movie; there is too much going on to just sit back and enjoy this fully; total tension all the time. The action parts are bordering on 'too busy' like a Transformers movie. BUT, this is kinda what needed to happen...a culmination of everything that has happened so far concerning the Infinity Stones. And I do really like this movie. I think Avengers 4 will effect the way I view Infinity War too. Obviously, everyone who disintegrated will be brought back, and almost certainly the character that was 'sacrificed' for the Soul Stone will return. The next movie will be heavier because it will be the original Avengers team sacrificing themselves (at least some of them) to bring back everyone. My guess is there will be a race to forge another Infinity Gauntlet since Thanos pretty much fried his glove pulling out the power move at the end. Avengers 4 title prediction: Avengers Assemble! or Infinity Gauntlet.

Spoilers!

My predictions...

1. Certainly, everyone who turned to ash will return.

2. Gamora will be resurrected too.

3. Vision will be rebuilt and obviously without the mind stone. Perhaps he'll be in his more emotionless, white form.

4. Cap or Iron Man will be the big sacrifice so that all the other heroes return. But I'm thinking it's Cap.

If I knew how to put spoiler tags on my responses I probably would have. But seriously, anyone dumb enough to read a movie reaction thread (especially if it doesn't say 'No Spoilers' on the heading) and expects for there to be no spoilers, deserves to be...spoiled. :dweez:

If I knew how to put spoiler tags on my responses I probably would have.

To hide any post, you bookend it with brackets [.....] with "spoiler" inside the first bracket and "/spoiler" inside the end bracket.

It's just like quoting someone. You use brackets with "quote" and "/quote".

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

If I knew how to put spoiler tags on my responses I probably would have. But seriously, anyone dumb enough to read a movie reaction thread (especially if it doesn't say 'No Spoilers' on the heading) and expects for there to be no spoilers, deserves to be...spoiled. :dweez:

Maybe there are some who just want to see the general reaction of “I loved it”, “It’s good”, “It’s ok I guess”, “It’s total balls”, etc. From the reactions maybe they’ll decide to see it or not?

I have no idea why the masses are attracted to such Hollywood CGI crap.

Hollywood has ruined MARVEL.

I'm only happy for Stan Lee.

DC Comics Films are crap too minus the Nolan flicks.

Now my favorite Marvel villain who was already ruined in "Spiderman 3" will be completely embarrassed in the new "VENOM" movie.

I was excited for this next installment.

Then I saw the trailer.

PURE SHITE.

CGI VENOM looks like melting black candle wax.

Enjoy pumping your hard earned money into CGI Hollywood Hell.

I'll bet anyone on here that millennials don't even know what a comic book is.

Now my favorite Marvel villain who was already ruined in "Spiderman 3" will be completely embarrassed in the new "VENOM" movie.

Then I saw the trailer.

PURE SHITE.

To me, Venom was the start of the shit age of Marvel characters. Soon after came other popular yet bullshit heroes (imho) in Gambit, Bishop, Cable, and Deadpool. Not long after that came Marvel’s bankruptcy: a combo of those guys & their forced stories, lame art, plus the greed of variant comic covers and excessive crossovers. I definitely wasn’t going to buy 12 different comics just to get a single story.

Oh yeah, that Venom movie does look like crap. But don’t get that confused with the MCU because it’s not. And neither are those mostly lame X-Men movies that Fox churns out. As for DC, they’re lucky if they get out 1 good live action movie out of 4.

The MCU movies aren’t always successful (a 14-5 record imho) but they’re easily better than any other company making superhero flicks.

• Like 2

Then I saw the trailer.

PURE SHITE.

To me, Venom was the start of the shit age of Marvel characters. Soon after came other popular yet bullshit heroes (imho) in Gambit, Bishop, Cable, and Deadpool. Not long after that came Marvel’s bankruptcy: a combo of those guys & their forced stories, lame art, plus the greed of variant comic covers and excessive crossovers. I definitely wasn’t going to buy 12 different comics just to get a single story.

Oh yeah, that Venom movie does look like crap. But don’t get that confused with the MCU because it’s not. And neither are those mostly lame X-Men movies that Fox churns out. As for DC, they’re lucky if they get out 1 good live action movie out of 4.

The MCU movies aren’t always successful (a 14-5 record imho) but they’re easily better than any other company making superhero flicks.

Damnit Johnny!

I have 4 copies of Amazing Spiderman 300.

I fell in love with the whole origin of the symbiotic suit on Spidey and then how it evolved onto Brock.

I love the Carnage stuff too.

But I am sure Hollywood will ruin Carnage too.

Yes Johnny I am going to guess that Wonder Woman was the DC one hit "wonder." LOL! I liked Wonder Woman.

Hell I actually did the THOR movies.

But ugh.

Such shite out there now dude.

Just a cash grab for the young brainwashed masses. JMO

You know your comic stuff Johnny, I totally respect your knowledge and expertise.

Cheers!

Venom is a disgrace.

I have all of the VENOM comics. Even the black, gold, red hell whatever VENOM 1 is.

All worthless now.

Like that SUPERMAN IS DEAD BLACK COMIC. I have ten of them.

Worthless.

Then I saw the trailer.

PURE SHITE.

Damnit Johnny!

I fell in love with the whole origin of the symbiotic suit on Spidey and then how it evolved onto Brock.

Yes Johnny I am going to guess that Wonder Woman was the DC one hit "wonder." LOL! I liked Wonder Woman.

But ugh.

You know your comic stuff Johnny, I totally respect your knowledge and expertise.

Cheers!

Venom is a disgrace.

I have all of the VENOM comics. Even the black, gold, red hell whatever VENOM 1 is.

All worthless now.

Worthless.

I'm not a fan of Brock Venom after the initial arc, but Flash Thompson Venom is good. Carnage is way too one dimensional. Awesome look, shit stories...which seemed to be a lot of the comics at the time though. That's when I really got into Batman.

Then I saw the trailer.

PURE SHITE.

Damnit Johnny!

But ugh.

Cheers!

Venom is a disgrace.

All worthless now.

Worthless.

The Thor movies have a 1-2 record with me. I only enjoyed the first one.

They butchered the hell out of Thor (and other characters) in Ragnarok. The director even admitted that he wasn't too knowledgable about Thor and the lore when he set out making the movie.

Oh, about the recent DC movies...

Man of Steel: had a few decent moments but forgettable overall

Wonder Woman: fun, great casting

Suicide Squad: a piece of shit that should be flushed out of existence

Justice League: cheap, uninspired

If I knew how to put spoiler tags on my responses I probably would have.

To hide any post, you bookend it with brackets [.....] with "spoiler" inside the first bracket and "/spoiler" inside the end bracket.

It's just like quoting someone. You use brackets with "quote" and "/quote".

Thanks, man.

Just saw this for the second time.

With Avengers 4 now set up, I noticed that all the original Avengers 1 team members are alive/not turned to ash (Hawkeye will return obviously and Hulk will turn up eventually). Then there are the other survivors in Rocket, War Machine, and Nebula...not to mention Ant-Man, Wasp, and Captain Marvel who all will certainly be showing up too. I'm assuming that all of these guys will be used to take down Thanos (with some assistance from Shuri and possibly some other Wakandans). Furthermore, with all of the original Avengers team members present, I think we can guess that Avengers 4 and the defeat of Thanos will be their last hurrah together. What will it take for the Hulk to reappear? A Black Widow death! That's my guess anyway. Widow's set to be in her own prequel solo movie as it is so killing her in Avengers 4 wouldn't matter in regards to that planned flick.

Also, I'm assuming that Shuri completed her work on Vision so that he can be rebuilt without the Mind Stone. Whether or not he actually returns ready to fight in Avengers 4 could go either way imho. But I'd wager that he'll be operational at some point. Come to think of it, I now can actually remember if Shuri was turned to ash or not. I don't think she was anyway.

As long as I'm rambling, I predict that the post-Avengers 4 team will consist of...

- Captain Marvel

- Ant-Man

- Wasp

- Spidey

- Black Panther

- either Iron Man OR Cap [but definitely not both, and I do think Cap is more likely to die than Iron Man]

*Going back to my earlier comment about Widow dying...I do think one of the original Avengers members will die in Avengers 4 but no more than one. So, I’d go with Widow or Cap as the most likely (Cap being slightly less likely) with Iron Man as a very small outside chance. Downey makes too much money off Disney and Disney makes too much money off Downey for Iron Man to die. Thor and Hulk will continue on. And Hawkeye is too unimportant to have a big impact if he dies...so he won’t die.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Just got back from seeing it again.

Once again, I was enthralled, captivated and supremely entertained.

Can’t wait for Chapter 4!

Here, less than half a dozen people of the nearly full theater walked out during the credits.

Earlier, I said that I was surprised that the movie was even made. Part of my reason is because many viewers wouldn't or couldn't understand what's happening if they hadn't seen all of the MCU flicks and/or if they weren't a Marvel geek in the first place.

To me, it's very easy to understand why some people don't like these MCU movies. What's hard to understand is why some viewers prefer the DC flicks. :P

I used to say I preferred the DC flicks.

I was wrong. Haha

I love Man Of Steel. Harley Quinn was PERFECTLY cast. These two things had me hooked.

But I am dipping my toe back into Marvel waters. Havung avoided all the movies for about five years, I am slowly catching up and enjoying them very much. I don't think they are masterpieces but they are made to purely entertain and for that...much credit!

I really enjoyed the first Guardians.

My partner said something very interesting to me though. He said the reason I don't quite get these movies is that I, as a big dark/epic fantasy reader, am used to more darkness in my heroic stories, and he suggested I invest time in the REAL stories in the comics.

You have said similar to this if I recall. Are the movies too lightweight? Because the edgier atmosphere is what I prefer in DC even of the movies are very poor in comparison

• Like 2

Sorry i'm late with this. been busy.

but........and i know it's becoming redundant with marvel and i.....but i loved this movie.

it's hard to really talk about without spoilers. but i just say right now. the character that owned film for me was Thanos. what a wonderful job they did with this character. Josh Brolin rules here.

Considering it just seemed like he was gonna be your stock baddie with his build up in past films. but.......WOW my fav antagonist they've had yet.

and this ENDING though. Can't wait to see what happens next. Oh and i must MUST see more thor and Rocket together, lol

That was my brief you but ir's an A. firmly from me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Sorry i'm late with this. been busy.

but........and i know it's becoming redundant with marvel and i.....but i loved this movie.

it's hard to really talk about without spoilers. but i just say right now. the character that owned film for me was Thanos. what a wonderful job they did with this character. Josh Brolin rules here.

Considering it just seemed like he was gonna be your stock baddie with his build up in past films. but.......WOW my fav antagonist they've had yet.

and this ENDING though. Can't wait to see what happens next. Oh and i must MUST see more thor and Rocket together, lol

That was my brief you but ir's an A. firmly from me.

Mick

I want to watch all these films before the end of the year!

• Like 1