The 2018-2019 NFL Season

Principled Man

Bears vs. Ravens tonight. Hall of Fame game.

I just might be sick enough to watch...

I haven’t committed to watching NFL football this season. Another season gone by without a fantasy roster as well.

Your loss. Not about fantasy football though, that shit sucks.

If fantasy football was a human being it would have to have been spawned by some weak sperm or something, like the dad was jacking off and the mother sat on it at the last second... :smoke:

Love fantasy football. It has enriched my life greatly. I'd expand on that, but why waste my energy on the "it sucks" and "weak sperm" crowd.

The problem is you start to root for players from teams you hate. Imagine if I had to root for players from the Cowgirls, Failclowns, Forty Swiners etc, I'd have to stop watching altogether...

I tried it once in the 90s and that is the exact problem I ran into. I couldn't separate the hate.
  • Like 1

I hope the Titans season is anti-preseason.

Not standing for the national anthem is just plain disrespectful. Colin Kaepernick should've found another way to conduct his protest. I'm disappointed in Nike for enabling him. I'm also disappointed in LeBron James for encouraging him. But what can you expect from a man who never went to college? I'm also disappointed in Amnesty International for honoring Kaepernick with an Ambassador of Conscience Award. There's a reason why he's a free agent. Edited by Krystal

Not standing for the national anthem is just plain disrespectful.

Yep...just think of the millions of disrespectful fans at home, sitting in their recliners, going to the bathroom, in the kitchen fixing themselves some snacks......all while the anthem is being played.

And don't forget all the disrespectful fans in sports bars. They're playing pool, throwing darts, or sitting at their tables waiting for their food to arrive.......all ignoring the anthem. Shameful, I tell ya .....

• Like 4

Yep...just think of the millions of disrespectful fans at home, sitting in their recliners, going to the bathroom, in the kitchen fixing themselves some snacks......all while the anthem is being played.

And don't forget all the disrespectful fans in sports bars. They're playing pool, throwing darts, or sitting at their tables waiting for their food to arrive.......all ignoring the anthem. Shameful, I tell ya .....

Classic pick and choose, hypocritical outrage...always a favorite.

• Like 1

Just watching this Falcons Eagles opener and I had forgotten how much the constant penalties have nearly ruined the entertainment value of the NFL.. it’’s getting close to unwatchable: College Football is so much more fun to watch because the refs let them play unless it’s a penalty that’s pretty obvious. The NFL just nitpicks and calls so many ticky tack penalties it’s a joke. And they added even more rules in the offseason. I’m all for the rules that protect the players and make ithr game less dangerous, but most of these penalties just don’t need to be called, but as a result it totally affects the outcome. The announcers are scratching their head on most of these too and Al Michaels sounds as annoyed about it as I am. I find myself looking for a flag after every play.

The NFL really needs to wake up and realize they aren’t invincible. Between the Anthem garbage they’ve let play out way too long and these endless penalties, they are losing fans. They need to step in and tell the refs to stop the BS calls and let the players play

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone
  • Like 2

Just watching this Falcons Eagles opener and I had forgotten how much the constant penalties have nearly ruined the entertainment value of the NFL.. it’’s getting close to unwatchable: College Football is so much more fun to watch because the refs let them play unless it’s a penalty that’s pretty obvious. The NFL just nitpicks and calls so many ticky tack penalties it’s a joke. And they added even more rules in the offseason. I’m all for the rules that protect the players and make ithr game less dangerous, but most of these penalties just don’t need to be called, but as a result it totally affects the outcome. The announcers are scratching their head on most of these too and Al Michaels sounds as annoyed about it as I am. I find myself looking for a flag after every play.

The NFL really needs to wake up and realize they aren’t invincible. Between the Anthem garbage they’ve let play out way too long and these endless penalties, they are losing fans. They need to step in and tell the refs to stop the BS calls and let the players play

This is exactly why I am glad I didn't renew my season tickets this year! I tried to watch the season opener and was frankly dismayed by the amount of yellow hankies thrown in the 1st 1/2. I am still waiting to see how bad he new leading with your head while tackling penalties will affect the outcome of important games. If the NFL keeps approving such rules that takes the outcome of games out of the players hands and places it in the the hands of the officials, the league is doomed. I too am tired of all the Anthem BS and have found my self being more of a hockey fan in these last few years.

Man does Collinsworth suck. That is all...

I was always more forgiving of Collinsworth than so many that can’t stand him, but his hero worshiping of Aaron Rodgers last night was a joke. Did he really make a point to give Rodgers a round of applause after the game ended? Bears fans across the country must have lost their sh!t after that. When NBC does drop him, I’m guessing he will be sending his resume to the Packers radio affiliate.

And a note to the entire NBC broadcast team: Rodgers had some help from his teammates last night . I don’t remember him playing defense in the 2H, and I don’t think he threw those TD passes to himself.

• Like 1

I was always more forgiving of Collinsworth than so many that can’t stand him, but his hero worshiping of Aaron Rodgers last night was a joke. Did he really make a point to give Rodgers a round of applause after the game ended? Bears fans across the country must have lost their sh!t after that. When NBC does drop him, I’m guessing he will be sending his resume to the Packers radio affiliate.

And a note to the entire NBC broadcast team: Rodgers had some help from his teammates last night . I don’t remember him playing defense in the 2H, and I don’t think he threw those TD passes to himself.

Yeah I can't stand the guy he always bashes my team! True most of the time they deserve it :LOL: I just hate hearing collinsworth saying it. Last night it was like he wanted to have Aaron's babies!! But that was for sure one hell of a comeback win for the Pack for sure!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Yep. I switched to HGTV before the clock ran out to keep from throwing up. Was Rodgers the same guy who threw one in a defenders breadbasket just moments before and he dropped it? Also a simple 10 yard dump over the middle that turns into a 60 yard touchdown pass I've seen a million times before. If you listen to him you would swear everyone's a hall of famer. Btw I used to enjoy Al but teamed with Collinsworth he's getting on my nerves...smh Edited by Narps

That's true, but the QBs get most of the coverage, both when they do good and when they do bad. That's the way they system works. About the only time it varies, is if a running back goes for an extraordinary number of yards or a receiver makes an extraordinary number of catches, or non-catches as in the case of Gronkowski. Of course they gave it to him because, Patriots.

And taking money from the Department of Defense to inject patriotism into a pro sport, thereby injecting politics into what should be entertainment is a stupid idea. The fault lies with NFL brass, not one angry young man.
  • Like 4

Collingsworth just LOVES every team that appears on Sunday Night Football!

That's true, but the QBs get most of the coverage, both when they do good and when they do bad. That's the way they system works. About the only time it varies, is if a running back goes for an extraordinary number of yards or a receiver makes an extraordinary number of catches, or non-catches as in the case of Gronkowski. Of course they gave it to him because, Patriots.

They cheat. The refs give them all the calls. :eyeroll:

They're going to win the AFC East again. And probably make it to the AFC Championship again. They might make it to their 9th Super Bowl since the 2001 season.

They cheat. The refs give them all the calls. :eyeroll:

They're going to win the AFC East again. And probably make it to the AFC Championship again. They might make it to their 9th Super Bowl since the 2001 season.

They definitely gave them that 1.

6dc506ec-0c49-42b3-bfc3-c46cbd972f96-USATSI_11217922.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Ouch so far Da Beers r over the Pack 20-0 :scared:

Rogers proves once again that he is not of this Earth.

What a comeback.

Who knew Chris was a Rush fan... Edited by Narps