Where's bean-tor?

Turbine Freight

Miss you Miss! ... Stop by and ease our troubled minds by saying hi to this crazy TRF lot! I hope life is going well for you!

Miss you, too, Tin! Sorry for troubling any minds :blush:

I hope this winter has been kind to you! It’s been brutal in these parts, but we are being treated to a warm spell recently. I’ve been able to open the windows some afternoons! :o

• Like 1

Oh gosh, you folks sure know how to make a girl feel loved :wub: Thank you all for your kind words and well-wishes; I appreciate all of them so much, and will respond to each of you as soon as possible! Thanks also to Verena for telling me about this thread—my day has been made thanks to my TRF friends :hug2:

I’ve had a rather eventful life during my absence. Two dear people have passed away, one of whom was one of the dearest people to me. I’m grateful that I was able to travel to visit and care for him in some of his last days, and grateful that I was able to travel to speak at his service and present his idow with a portrait that I’d drawn. I’ve also been dealing with some health issues that popped up for me...and they will probably continue to limit my time online for a while at least.

Fortunately, I have some positive news to report, as well. I had been quietly designing a house and having it built, and now I have finally moved in. (Friends of Emily, I am thrilled to report that she seems to adore the house—especially the fireplace! :LOL: ) My schedule became very hectic as the construction was nearing completion so between everything, I just couldn’t be here despite how much I missed you folks! A couple of days ago also marked the twentieth anniversary of my rape. It was a truly happy day, mostly spent at home looking out at the water and thankful for the resilience that has kept me “safe in the waves” for two decades. I do hope that my annual mention of this is not offensive to anyone...and once again, I shall take the opportunity to offer a friendly ear to anyone who may need it. No one should have to endure something like that alone.

It’s been a tumultuous time indeed, but you lovely people are reminders of the good in life! I hope that all of you are well. Cheers! :cheers:

:hug2:

Even in small doses, your presence here makes this place better.

Sorry for what you went through, an truly happy for the good you've experienced .Throughout this post there are sprinkled reminders of the wonderful person you are. In a world marked by increasing rancor, you 're an exemplar of the best of the human spirit.

:hug2: Aww labt, I cannot thank you enough; I truly appreciate your kindness! You’re a pretty wonderful person, yourself :)

I had been quietly designing a house and having it built, and now I have finally moved in.

AWESOME. :haz: :haz: Designing and building my own house is my ultimate dream!!

Ah, I hope that you will have a chance to realize your dream! It really was quite an undertaking for over a year...a fun but demanding adventure. There are all kinds of little details that folks don’t necessarily think about, especially if they’re at a place that has them done well. It’s when some things are not so functional that they’re readily noticed! I involved myself in absolutely everything and made a point of meeting all of the trades and suppliers, and everyone at the builder...including the CEO :LOL: I think they appreciated not only my baking but also how thoroughly I considered each of their contributions. The electricians were thrilled that I cared about things like outlets and switches...but to me it just makes sense to have outlets exactly where they’re needed, and it still feels like magic to walk into my closet and have the light turn on because it’s motion-activated. I understand that it’s not brand new technology, but I hope that I never lose appreciation for the little conveniences. I could go on and on about the joys of the “minor” details of both form and function...and I imagine that you have been dreaming with much consideration, too! :)

She went watching Priest a couple of weeks ago in Canada, I forget which gig it was. She was a little under the weather before and didn't know if she'd make it to the venue but she did. Not heard from her since so maybe she's been resting up since then.

Those were f***ing amazing gigs! :haz: Rumour has it I’m still resting up :16ton:

Sexy!!

As always, Pat! :LOL:

• Like 1

She went watching Priest a couple of weeks ago in Canada, I forget which gig it was. She was a little under the weather before and didn't know if she'd make it to the venue but she did. Not heard from her since so maybe she's been resting up since then.

Those were f***ing amazing gigs! :haz: Rumour has it I’m still resting up :16ton:

Sexy!!

Aye and triple aye! :pokercards:

• Like 1

Sexy!!

Triple aye instead of triple X? You must be on your best behaviour! :LOL:

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

hot-girl-covered-in-baked-beans-9098.jpg

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

Oh boy, such a blast from the past! I don’t think I want to know where the heck you get this stuff!

Sexy!!

This will change things:

Oh boy, such a blast from the past! I don’t think I want to know where the heck you get this stuff!

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

That’s probably one of the more disturbing possible responses :P

Thank you for the lullaby...I’m still listening but as you probably guessed, key components are missing for me!

• Like 2

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwHp153ymtA

Thank you for the lullaby...I’m still listening but as you probably guessed, key components are missing for me!

Yeah it's not as good as the Priest versions. or the Halford version on Live Insurrection, but it's good to hear Les Binks and KK Downing playing Priest material again, and Tim Owens as well. And Since Les Binks co-wrote this song with Halford it's not inappropriate.

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

Yeah it's not as good as the Priest versions. or the Halford version on Live Insurrection, but it's good to hear Les Binks and KK Downing playing Priest material again, and Tim Owens as well. And Since Les Binks co-wrote this song with Halford it's not inappropriate.

Yes, certainly worth a listen! It merely won’t be in regular rotation over here, largely because I’ve been spoiled by Halford :)

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

Yes, certainly worth a listen! It merely won’t be in regular rotation over here, largely because I’ve been spoiled by Halford :)

What do you think of the Halford band version?

On that version I don't think the Tipton solo is as good as the original, and the riffs in the chorus aren't right, they're not beefy enough! The final solo is played once again by Downing and that might be the best part of this version. Ripper Owens' voice sounds too separated from the instruments in the mix, so production is an issue too.

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

On that version I don't think the Tipton solo is as good as the original, and the riffs in the chorus aren't right, they're not beefy enough! The final solo is played once again by Downing and that might be the best part of this version. Ripper Owens' voice sounds too separated from the instruments in the mix, so production is an issue too.

Yeah, the Priest versions will always be my preference, followed by Halford band, then things without Rob. I’m really attached to Rob’s vocals—no substitute grips me enough. I’m definitely not trying to shit on anything, but for me everything tends to come together best in Priest :yes:

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

Yeah, the Priest versions will always be my preference, followed by Halford band, then things without Rob. I’m really attached to Rob’s vocals—no substitute grips me enough. I’m definitely not trying to shit on anything, but for me everything tends to come together best in Priest :yes:

Beanie are you back for good? :hi:

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

:hi: I’m trying, ducky! I miss so many of you folks when I’m away. Nevertheless, I trust that you’ve been behaving yourself even in the absence of my positive influence :LOL:

• Like 2

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

:hi: I’m trying, ducky! I miss so many of you folks when I’m away. Nevertheless, I trust that you’ve been behaving yourself even in the absence of my positive influence :LOL:

Oh yes well, I have, the rest of them may not have though.

• Like 1

I Have been being good. I ALWAYS try to be good...[i'm SUCH a BOYSCOUT...]

nnaburu.jpg

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

:LOL: Such an angelic duck! This place clearly brings out the best in you...

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

:angel:

tumblr_ly19lqZ07B1r4ro7yo1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

No, Who I'm worried about is JohnRogers and his obsession with Zelix being a Deity. I don't give any creedence to religion. Is there a higher intelligence? Maybe. but it doesn't reside on this planet. Those who want to delude themselves are free to do so. I'm not part of that club anymore. It's funny to me how much religion has influenced us humans. Star Trek has a small piece of trying to get Humans to use Science to guide us, but it seems most folks don't Care about it all. All humanity seems to give creedence to is MONEY.

Lw7fhsd.jpg

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1

Sexy!!

This will change things:

My private collection??

Try this out Beanie:

:angel:

tumblr_ly19lqZ07B1r4ro7yo1_1280.jpg

You are looking well, if a little hairless! I must say that I think the wild mane of hair and hot pink nails were more of a classic duck look, though.

• Like 1

No, Who I'm worried about is JohnRogers and his obsession with Zelix being a Deity. I don't give any creedence to religion. Is there a higher intelligence? Maybe. but it doesn't reside on this planet. Those who want to delude themselves are free to do so. I'm not part of that club anymore. It's funny to me how much religion has influenced us humans. Star Trek has a small piece of trying to get Humans to use Science to guide us, but it seems most folks don't Care about it all. All humanity seems to give creedence to is MONEY.

Lw7fhsd.jpg

NAGAdFC.gif

I think it just might be possible that folks are having a bit of fun, and do not actually subscribe to the deification of Zelix. Heck, Zelix might not even subscribe to the deification of Zelix, for all I know! :smoke:

Thankfully, there are plenty of folks who are not deluded by one thing or another, and who also do not worship money. There is plenty of good in humanity, even if it is sometimes obscured. :)

• Like 1