What Rush songs gave you goose pimples?

rftag

You know that rare and glorious feeling when a song you hear the first time causes a physical reaction such that your arm hairs stand erect (i.e. 'goose pimples')? Edited by rftag

I'm sure there's a ton I could name, but I'll go with the ones that I know for sure.

The Spirit of Radio

La Villa Strangiato

Natural Science

Xanadu

YYZ

The Camera Eye

.......I'll stop there. But those are the ones I remember specific moments for.

• Like 1

The Trees, for one. There are ( a very few) Rush songs I like better but this is one that always gives me chills. I think it's because the end is unexpected, both lyrically and musically, yet Geddy does such a great job with his voice in all the parts. :heart:

Far Cry does it to me as well; I think it's the power chords at the beginning as well as identifying with the lyrics.

The Anarchist gives me goosebumps, too; it's something again about the emotions Geddy is able to convey in his voice while looking back over the journey. I don't even like the last two songs as well as some other touching ones ( The Garden and The Pass among them) but if you mean actual goosebumps experiences, these do it for some reason!!??!

• Like 2

Jacob's Ladder, esp the very end

The experience of seeing them perform that song in 1980 is ingrained in my mind forever - it feels like yesterday - the power, the lighting and fog - incredible

• Like 1

NatSci, Xanadu, 2112, especially Overture, Temples, and the Grand Finale, LaVilla, Red Barchetta.

Oh, and Bravest Face.

OK, maybe not that one.

• Like 3

NatSci, Xanadu, 2112, especially Overture, Temples, and the Grand Finale, LaVilla, Red Barchetta.

Oh, and Bravest Face.

OK, maybe not that one.

I'll actually go with Bravest Face. Awesome track. Got me through a bad period in life.

+ vodka :)

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1

There are truly a bunch. Some are because of the music and some are because of the memories the songs stir up. The guitar solos at the end of Mission and The Garden are two of my favorite moments and always gives me chills when I hear them.
  • Like 2

Red Barchetta,Marathon,Bravado and Alex's solo on Between the Wheels.
  • Like 1

Countdown gives me pimples everytime, especially when the shuttle clears the tower + the voices from NASA control etc the band do such a great job with it so inspiring, mankind putting lives on the line for exploration and achievement, the track really makes me proud to be human

*This magic day when super-science

Mingles with the bright stuff of dreams*

Young and Crippen really moving out now

velocity now reading 6200 feet per second

Just awesome

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 3

Countdown gives me pimples everytime, especially when the shuttle clears the tower + the voices from NASA control etc the band do such a great job with it so inspiring, mankind putting lives on the line for exploration and achievement, the track really makes me proud to be human

Just awesome

I think if I ever was at an actual launch. I'd probably cry my eyes out. Something about it brings me to tears. Like the emotion of the event is just too much to contain. Sounds kind of stupid but I've had moments like this at Rush concerts. Standing there, emotion overwhelming me, feel myself well up. A shuttle launch would've been like that X 10.

Just awesome

I agree about the clips from NASA.