The Ultimate Freewill in 2112 Thread

oghond2112

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. This forum is dedicated to any form of discussion, facts, Q and A, etc. regarding my RUSH-based musical Freewill in 2112. Now, if you are already familiar with Freewill in 2112 and have seen all my other threads on the show, then have fun discussing the show’s songs, characters and/or anything else below.

If, however, you are not familiar with Freewill in 2112, then allow me to explain what it is. Freewill in 2112 is a fanmade RUSH-based musical, created by me, largely due to the fact that RUSH is a band that TOTALLY DESERVES to have something like this. Here’s a basic summary of the show’s plot:

While the Solar Federation was smashing guitars, America had bigger problems…

It's 2112. America has been taken over by a monarchy obsessed with obedience, and its citizens are completely devoid of freewill. The only people who believe in freewill, the Genalsikoffs, are looked down upon in society due to their beliefs. No one has it more bad than Thomas Genalsikoff and his Barchetta uncle Barchy (how he got to be like that is a LONG story), who are firmly against constant blind obedience and support democracy. But when the monarchy starts a plan to enslave the citizens of Hilltop, Connecticut, Thomas and Barchy must convince the citizens to do something that they haven't done since before the monarchy: rebel against tradition- and the authority- to assert their freewill. In the process, they travel across dimensions, discover the secrets of the mysterious Solar Federation, and learn that they can't have freedom for free.

In other words, it’s the American Revolution with cars, interdimensional travel, aliens, and androids. In the twenty-second century. And despite the title, it is a completely seperate story from RUSH’s 2112 album (though they do take place at the exact same time). My greatest hope for this show is that it is seen by either:

1) Neil

2) Geddy

3) Alex

4) Someone who knows them

...and makes its way to a regional theatre and eventually, hopefully, Broadway, where it will possibly become a huge hit at best or a cult classic at worst. The third draft of the script is currently finished, and it is 144 pages. Feel free to ask me any questions.

*DO NOT STEAL ANY OF MY IDEAS!!!!!!!*

*I HOPE TO GET IT COPYRIGHTED ON MY OWN ONE DAY!!!!!*

• Like 1

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. This forum is dedicated to any form of discussion, facts, Q and A, etc. regarding my RUSH-based musical Freewill in 2112. Now, if you are already familiar with Freewill in 2112 and have seen all my other threads on the show, then have fun discussing the show’s songs, characters and/or anything else below.

If, however, you are not familiar with Freewill in 2112, then allow me to explain what it is. Freewill in 2112 is a fanmade RUSH-based musical, created by me, largely due to the fact that RUSH is a band that TOTALLY DESERVES to have something like this. Here’s a basic summary of the show’s plot:

It's 2112. America has been taken over by a monarchy obsessed with obedience, and its citizens are completely devoid of freewill. The only people who believe in freewill, the Genalsikoffs, are looked down upon in society due to their beliefs. No one has it more bad than Thomas Genalsikoff and his Barchetta uncle Barchy (how he got to be like that is a LONG story), who are firmly against constant blind obedience and support democracy. But when the monarchy starts a plan to enslave the citizens of Hilltop, Connecticut, Thomas and Barchy must convince the citizens to do something that they haven't done since before the monarchy: rebel against tradition- and the authority- to assert their freewill. In the process, they travel across dimensions, discover the secrets of the mysterious Solar Federation, and learn that they can't have freedom for free.

In other words, it’s the American Revolution with cars, interdimensional travel, aliens, and androids. In the twenty-second century. And despite the title, it is a completely seperate story from RUSH’s 2112 album (though they do take place at the exact same time). My greatest hope for this show is that it is seen by either:

1) Neil

2) Geddy

3) Alex

...and makes its way to a regional theatre and eventually, hopefully, Broadway, where it will possibly become a huge hit at best or a cult classic at worst. The third draft of the script is currently finished, and it is 144 pages. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Is there anywhere I can read the full script? I wrote a big nerdy Rush story back in highschool haha.

1) Neil

2) Geddy

3) Alex

Worthy perhaps, but in need of fleshing out? Don't expect a lot of help. You'll have to do this objectivist style.

Whatever happened to this person? Did she finish her musical and is it showing off Broadway? I wouldn't mind seeing it.

1: Yes, the script is finished.

2: Three words: PEART IS DEAD.

And considering the fact that I kind of had to get permission from Peart if this thing was ever going to Broadway... yeah. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I have to give up those dreams now.

And for that matter, the show.

1: Yes, the script is finished.

2: Three words: PEART IS DEAD.

And considering the fact that I kind of had to get permission from Peart if this thing was ever going to Broadway... yeah. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I have to give up those dreams now.

And for that matter, the show.

Three words: Neil Peart Estate

Seven words: Where there's a will, there's a way.