No bad Rush album

Fordgalaxy

Of course I didn't say anything about Criss's involvement in writing or playing on Unmasked. A bit to the contrary - I said lack of interest which would suggest a lack of inolvement . But he was displayed in the artwork and as mentioned in the Shandi video when they were trying to pretend they were still a band. Of course this wasn't the point of the post was it? Wasn't Unmasked an album that no 2 members actually played on any given song? One of the things I admire about Rush is the absence of this bs. All bass on a Rush album - played by Ged, all guitars - Alex and all drums - Neil. Honesty and integrity - something Rush had in spades and KISS had virtually none. They were fun for a while though.

Of course I didn't say anything about Criss's involvement in writing or playing on Unmasked. A bit to the contrary - I said lack of interest which would suggest a lack of inolvement . But he was displayed in the artwork and as mentioned in the Shandi video when they were trying to pretend they were still a band. Of course this wasn't the point of the post was it? Wasn't Unmasked an album that no 2 members actually played on any given song? One of the things I admire about Rush is the absence of this bs. All bass on a Rush album - played by Ged, all guitars - Alex and all drums - Neil. Honesty and integrity - something Rush had in spades and KISS had virtually none. They were fun for a while though.

I think you'll find that goes waaaay further back than Unmasked. As I said, Peter didn't play on Dynasty except for Dirty Livin, Ace didn't play on Alive II Side 4, except for Rocket Ride, and obviously no one played or sang on Beth except for Peter Criss. Plenty of the songs from Dressed To Kill onward had the involvement of only 3 or fewer of the band members although all of them up until Alive II had most of them being involved in one way or another. I was in the studio with them when they were recording Revenge and one of the days I was in Bruce Kulick was laying down the Bass on one of Gene's signature tracks (Domino). I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing Gene did on that song was sing and write it, of course. I know for a fact that Paul didn't play on any of Gene's songs from at least Love Gun and I am not sure how much he played on his songs on Rock And Roll Over or even Destroyer beyond God Of Thunder which was his song. He occasionally sang background vocals obviously. All four of them were always more invested in their own songs than the ones written by the others, except for maybe Ace because he did do most of the solos up until Love Gun.

RUSH is obviously nothing like this. ALL 3 of them play on every song that has been recorded by the band. The only way they are similar is the voting block thing, which is probably a big reason why Neil is so distant and not as interested. Geddy & Alex are lifelong friends who tend to want more similar things than Neil. I'm sure they do a better job of including Neil than Paul & Gene did Ace (mostly because Gene Simmons is a horrible person), but it is pretty obvious that Neil sometimes feels like the odd man out.

• Like 1

I've never heard a bad Rush album but I haven't actually listened to their entire catalogue.
  • Like 1

No bad Rush 4 me.VT i had a problem withbecause of the loudness war.Now i have the original and the remaster and i love comparing them.The remaster wins hands down imo
  • Like 1

The only Rush album that comes close to being bad is Caress of Steel.

And yet some here, including myself, consider it to be amongst their best albums. T4E will always, by far,be Rush's worst album to me. Now, that is a bad Rush album! Edited by snowdogged

I've never heard a bad Rush album but I haven't actually listened to their entire catalogue.

Welcome to TRF!!!!

:dweez:

Yep lol. For most of my life I didn't realize they made any albums after 85'...

The way things usually work at TRF is this thread will start out as....'all the albums are great, except this, and that, and that'. Eventually it will lead to 'ugh all these albums suck' and we'll all blame Neil.

Here's some bait to test the premise of this thread:

Feedback

Shark frenzy ensues.

Edited by HemiBeers

The way things usually work at TRF is this thread will start out as....'all the albums are great, except this, and that, and that'. Eventually it will lead to 'ugh all these albums suck' and we'll all blame Neil.

Feedback

Shark frenzy ensues.

Realistically, we can only blame Neil for Rush's next album.

Feedback

Shark frenzy ensues.

I can't believe I spent money on that, second only to "Victor".

Feedback

Shark frenzy ensues.

I enjoy Feedback. I think it was a pretty good effort for what it was. I always had a curiosity about what Rush would sound like playing other people's songs. I know there is a recording of Rush playing Bad Boy, but I wanted to hear them play other people's songs when they had evolved more as a band, and with Neil. A few of the songs on Feedback are among my favorite songs of all time and Rush did kick-ass versions of them.
  • Like 1

Feedback

Shark frenzy ensues.

I love Feedback. Especially during the summer months. :raybans:
  • Like 2

Feedback

Shark frenzy ensues.

I enjoy Feedback. I think it was a pretty good effort for what it was. I always had a curiosity about what Rush would sound like playing other people's songs. I know there is a recording of Rush playing Bad Boy, but I wanted to hear them play other people's songs when they had evolved more as a band, and with Neil. A few of the songs on Feedback are among my favorite songs of all time and Rush did kick-ass versions of them.

:haz:

#mrsoul

• Like 1