New rush

Red3angel

Yeah a reworking of tracks from different albums, perhaps giving a different take on em would have been very interesting, like imagine Subdivisions with that heavier Counterparts style or something etc. Pure fantasy now of course guys finished

No. Neil sucks as a groove rock drummer.

But just think of what concert toms and woodblocks would add to "Here Again"! :o

The debut, to my ears, is a perfect slab of balls-out rock filled with the energy of youth. Even though some of the material may be derivative/pedestrian/whatever-your-beef-is, all of it is played with enthusiasm and a sense of fun that is missing from most of NP's recordings, sadly and weirdly enough. :(

In his defense, Peart's strength was in creating/arranging challenging drum parts, which is something else entirely.

It would be interesting to hear Geddy's "new voice" with this material, but I doubt he'd be able to sell it. Maybe Neil could belt out "Take A Friend".

• Like 1

I guess my point is 1968 Beatles redoing 1962 Beatles

Which would be akin to 1978 Rush redoing 1974 Rush. ATWAS is a reasonable proxy for that.

• Like 3

No, I want to remember those songs as they were, when Alex's leads were a thing to behold.

Exactly how I feel. In most cases, “reworking” songs doesn’t end well. They hardly ever seem to be as good as the original. A good example is with the 80s’ band “The Babys”. They recently released a reworked version of their Anthology album. It sounds like it was recorded by a Babys cover band.

• Like 1

They should re-record the first rush album. Geddy’s new voice. Different take on the drumming.

Listen to ATWaS. They have a few tunes from the debut on it with Neil drumming. And Geddy could still hit all the notes. I have no interest in hearing Rush in 2018 re-record the songs from the debut.

• Like 2

Look how much growth the beat had on their run,i wouldn’t be sad if rush is done, but do feel that Neil shouldn’t hold the other guys hostage to new music

They should re-record the first rush album. Geddy’s new voice. Different take on the drumming.

Listen to ATWaS. They have a few tunes from the debut on it with Neil drumming. And Geddy could still hit all the notes. I have no interest in hearing Rush in 2018 re-record the songs from the debut.

I'd like to hear Neil rework the lyrics to Take a Friend.

Which would be akin to 1978 Rush redoing 1974 Rush. ATWAS is a reasonable proxy for that.

Yes, we got a taste of the OP's idea with ATWAS. Besides, re-doing material 4-6 years later is a lot different than 40+ years later.

• Like 1

this would be like me wearing the green leasure suite i wore in high school to work tomorrow. not a pretty picture.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Napoleon-in-his-sweet-suit-napoleon-dynamite-81256_485_467.jpg

I'd like to hear Neil rework the lyrics to Take a Friend.

How can you make a flawless diamond better? Just trying runs the risk you’ll ruin it.

There's a biiiiiiiig difference between redoing six-year-old material and redoing 44-year-old material. You really think Geddy could handle any of that stuff vocally?

I'm not generally huge on bands re-recording old material, but if they wanted to do some synth era stuff with their heavier live sound, I'd be up for that.

Of course, all of this is moot because the band is done.

• Like 1