Ghost release new single: Rats!

jamie

After lots of teasing for the reveal of the "new" singer, Cardinal Copia, Ghost finally released the full song, Rats! I'm getting some Meliora vibes from it, and i really like it. I heard the 30 second teaser that came out a few days ago and i wasn't sure what to think. But not that i've listened to the full song a few times it's getting stuck in my head lol.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/new-music/listen-ghost-premiere-new-song-rats-on-the-radio

• Like 1

the music video was just uploaded minutes ago if you wanna hear a better quality version

• Like 7

I love it!

This band somehow completely won me over. My partner also loves them (he bought Meliora and he listens almost exclusively to Morrissey/The Smiths).

• Like 4

As usual, no one makes evil sound so upbeat and happy like Ghost does. That song will be stuck in my head for a while. But that's normal with them.

I think once I clicked with their humour...I actuallu find their lyrics fascinating. I come from a very religious background, and a lot of the lyrics are actually incredibly clever and in context with scriptures, they reveal some truths many Christians wouldn't like. I find them oh so clever!

• Like 2

I need to buy everything. I love this band...

I can't believe I ever let religion dictate my taste in music. Ghost and Behemoth have enriched my music listening in recent weeks!

• Like 2

New album Prequelle out June 1st.

I wonder why they're starting the tour a month before the album is released. Either way, I'm super excited to see them on May 5th. And i got the meet and greet package!!!
  • Like 2

New album Prequelle out June 1st.

I wonder why they're starting the tour a month before the album is released. Either way, I'm super excited to see them on May 5th. And i got the meet and greet package!!!

Probably just a short pre album promo tour. Some bands do that. If they're touring for this album like they did for the last one, then there will be many more shows to come. There's no reason to believe that they won't tour like that this time around.

Between the releases of Meloria, Popestar and opening for Maiden they easily played well over two hundred shows. So there's a good chance you can catch them again after the album is out.

Forge told Revolver about "Prequelle": "It is loosely themed around the concept of death and doom. It's a themed album around medieval times, but it's definitely clinging onto a lot of very current things. The Black Death [plague] is a great example of a turning point for a whole civilization. Complete villages were annihilated. Most people knew very little, so all of it was God or the Devil — and about their faith being questioned: Why are we being stricken down by this great scourge? It must be because of our not fearing God enough and all this superstitious bullshit.

"There's a lot that you would recognize today in online mannerisms," he continued. "In many ways, we've gone back a few steps because now it's closer to how it was back in the old days when people were standing at the square and all of a sudden, it's like in Monty Python's 'Life Of Brian': 'Stone him! Ra! Ra! Ra!' Public trials are very unsupervised and extremely swift and speak to the most primordial parts of us."

In a separate interview with Metal Hammer, Forge talked about the musical direction of "Prequelle", saying: "It's a very bright-sounding record. And it's a very heavy record, I'd say, but not from a Metal Hammer point of view, meaning all metal through and through. But it's a heavy record with a heavy theme. I think the overall ambience is very serious.

• Like 1

Love it! Ghost's melodies are so infectious.

Looks like Prequelle will be a return to form after the disappointing EP. :haz:

Well, the EP only had one original song. I wouldn't call it disappointing. It was just an EP.

It sounds in the vein of Meloria, which is what I was expecting. Ghost kind of found their sound with that one. However, I don't think this song is as good as many of the songs from Meloria. I hold the song writing on that album in very high esteem and have wondered if that will be their peak. I hope not. First day buyer though.
  • Like 1

It sounds in the vein of Meloria, which is what I was expecting. Ghost kind of found their sound with that one. However, I don't think this song is as good as many of the songs from Meloria. I hold the song writing on that album in very high esteem and have wondered if that will be their peak. I hope not. First day buyer though.

I actually think this song is one of their best now...ive played it a a couple of dozen times and it's gloriously flamboyant!

• Like 2

I actually think this song is one of their best now...ive played it a a couple of dozen times and it's gloriously flamboyant!

Okay, okay...this song has definitely grown on me. Up The Ghosts! :notworthy:
  • Like 3

I can't believe I ever let religion dictate my taste in music. Ghost and Behemoth have enriched my music listening in recent weeks!

Your fuckingg hypocrisy on this Forum makes me sick.

All the years on here you ripped me for my love of GHOST and now you love this band??????

You are truly the biggest troll on this Forum and you get a free pass you little baby faced asshole.

Stick it where the sun don't shine.

I am so fuckking done with you.

You make me sick to my stomach. You are part of the reason I don't waste my time on here anymore. You won bitch.

Hope you feel great about your arrogant, insecure and complete psychotic self.

73 has been nothing but wonderful to me on here over the years. But man, speaking about a brit punk ass like you and and the X rated crap you spew on here about your own personal sex life is repulsive.

Yet you rip on me for going through a brutal divorce.

Thanks for the support asshole.

You are useless just like the music you really love.

I Nightwish you away forever.

Damn Earl, that response was uncalled for. You should be happy that someone came around to liking a band you like so much. In the end it makes you look better since Segue now has to eat his words on all the things he used to say about Ghost.
  • Like 2

Okay, okay...this song has definitely grown on me. Up The Ghosts! :notworthy:

We had the same initial view!

• Like 1

Your fuckingg hypocrisy on this Forum makes me sick.

All the years on here you ripped me for my love of GHOST and now you love this band??????

You are truly the biggest troll on this Forum and you get a free pass you little baby faced asshole.

Stick it where the sun don't shine.

I am so fuckking done with you.

You make me sick to my stomach. You are part of the reason I don't waste my time on here anymore. You won bitch.

Hope you feel great about your arrogant, insecure and complete psychotic self.

73 has been nothing but wonderful to me on here over the years. But man, speaking about a brit punk ass like you and and the X rated crap you spew on here about your own personal sex life is repulsive.

Yet you rip on me for going through a brutal divorce.

Thanks for the support asshole.

You are useless just like the music you really love.

I Nightwish you away forever.

Oh well.

Bye.