Hockey Tragedy in Canada

Boots

There's been a massive tragedy in one of the junior leagues.

Some of the deceased were from my own city.

I can't link the article because I'm on a phone.

It's just so sad to hear about all those young lives ended.

• Like 4

There are no words for tragedies like this .. For the kids who lost their lives, their families and the ones who will carry the scars, my hearth goes out to them

ugggghh, just ******* horrible

RIP

• Like 1

Someone set up a Go Fund Me campaign. It raised $1 million in less than 24 hours.
  • Like 4

I have to admit, I was quite angry when I first heard of the accident late Friday evening. Being a resident of Saskatchewan, I am all too familiar with winter highway travel. We have had a long rough winter that is still holding on, yet weather did not appear to be a factor. The incident remains under investigation.

Just Wednesday morning, some friends aked me to watch their house and their five pets while they traveled to Tisdale and Nipawin. I remember looking out my back window as I made a morning coffee just before the sun rose. It rose up blood red which can indicate a healthy wind. At ten a.m. they called from a Tisdale Tim Hortons to check up on their mutts. They said the highway was a bit of a white knuckler in places with alternating blowing snowy patches and sunny drier portions caused by the density of the trees and their ability to either shelter or expose the highway.

They made it back after a thirteen hour round trip ... hopefully their last trip until May long weekend.

I saw the post accident aerial view and having driven that highway less than two years ago, I couldn't place what contributed to that horrific scene. The Highway looked clear.

Anyways, Humboldt held a heartfelt vigil tonight where many tears were shed. I'm sure this tragedy reached extensively into the cyber world and was a beautiful example of what this world can attempt to accomplish when faced with such adversity.

Thanks to Boots for starting this thread and thanks to all here who contributed their condolences.

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 6

I have to admit, I was quite angry when I first heard of the accident late Friday evening. Being a resident of Saskatchewan, I am all too familiar with winter highway travel. We have had a long rough winter that is still holding on, yet weather did not appear to be a factor. The incident remains under investigation.

Just Wednesday morning, some friends aked me to watch their house and their five pets while they traveled to Tisdale and Nipawin. I remember looking out my back window as I made a morning coffee just before the sun rose. It rose up blood red which can indicate a healthy wind. At ten a.m. they called from a Tisdale Tim Hortons to check up on their mutts. They said the highway was a bit of a white knuckler in places with alternating blowing snowy patches and sunny drier portions caused by the density of the trees and their ability to either shelter or expose the highway.

They made it back after a thirteen hour round trip ... hopefully their last trip until May long weekend.

I saw the post accident aerial view and having driven that highway less than two years ago, I couldn't place what contributed to that horrific scene. The Highway looked clear.

Anyways, Humboldt held a heartfelt vigil tonight where many tears were shed. I'm sure this tragedy reached extensively into the cyber world and was a beautiful example of what this world can attempt to accomplish when faced with such adversity.

Thanks to Boots for starting this thread and thanks to all here who contributed their condolences.

This was very thoughtful and well written. Thanks for sharing.
  • Like 3

This just breaks my heart for the families and the town, everyone will be touched by this tragedy. NHL players have honored the Broncos in several games and since the playoffs started, lots of people wearing green ribbons or wristbands.

God bless the families as they cope with this terrible loss. :rose: :rose:

• Like 3