tickets on day of show

bathory

me and some friends were gonna snag 25 dollar lawn tickets for mr fagen's band this summer (dan/doobies tour) at verizon wireless amphitheatre in atlanta. we werent worried about it selling out because the place holds 12,000 people. anyway, I checked today just to see what service fees were gonna be and the only lawn tickets available were resales with jacked up prices, and the next cheapest seats were 80 bucks (before ticketbastard fees).

most of you guys have attended a thousand concerts, so I figured I'd ask yall - should I be freaking out, or is it likely the venue will release more lawn tickets day of show online and/or box office?

I got my mom tool tickets for her birthday a couple years ago. got expensive ass seats from a facebook group. it was worth it because we were close as shit and it was a birthday gift, but then the arena released a bunch of nosebleed seats about an hour after I bought our tickets. is this something all bigger venues do?

• Like 1

me and some friends were gonna snag 25 dollar lawn tickets for mr fagen's band this summer (dan/doobies tour) at verizon wireless amphitheatre in atlanta. we werent worried about it selling out because the place holds 12,000 people. anyway, I checked today just to see what service fees were gonna be and the only lawn tickets available were resales with jacked up prices, and the next cheapest seats were 80 bucks (before ticketbastard fees).

most of you guys have attended a thousand concerts, so I figured I'd ask yall - should I be freaking out, or is it likely the venue will release more lawn tickets day of show online and/or box office?

I got my mom tool tickets for her birthday a couple years ago. got expensive ass seats from a facebook group. it was worth it because we were close as shit and it was a birthday gift, but then the arena released a bunch of nosebleed seats about an hour after I bought our tickets. is this something all bigger venues do?

Amphitheaters with lawn seats will probably have lawn seats left over the day of the show unless it's a really high demand performer. Steely Dan/Doobies aren't high demand. Check attendance at previous shows to see if they've sold out. I bet you could probably snag a good deal on stubhub the day of the show. There were some Rush tickets last tour on stubhub that went for about $15 on show day. Check Stubhub each day for the number of tickets available so you can see the trend.
  • Like 2

Keep checking ticketmaster.

I would bookmark the ticketmaster page and every time you logon, just check to see what is available. They do randomly release seats.

• Like 2

Don't even mess with any of that. Walk up to the ticket window on the day of the show and you'll almost certainly get a seat. There are season ticket holders to events at these sheds and not all of the people attend all of the shows but the venue can't release those tickets until a specified time before the show. I got 4th row, dead center for a Rush show a few years ago and bought the tickets as the opening video was starting.
  • Like 4

I've never known an amphitheater to release more lawn tickets the day of a show. Lawn is general admission and all those tickets are available right away. If it's sold out then the lawn is full. Which is crazy for a show like this considering how many people they can cram into the lawn.

Usually on the day of the show anyone who is reselling tickets will drop their asking price. So I would keep checking stub hub or another resale site. It also wouldn't hurt to give the venue a call and ask them what's available. The website might not be updated and there could be something you can get.

• Like 1

Or stand outside the venue and just keep yelling 'NEED SOME TICKETS!'

That doesn't always work thou

It worked better years ago when scalpers were around the venues more often. You could usually get a good deal within a half hour of the event starting. My friend and I used to attend a lot of Buffalo Sabres games when we were younger doing that.

• Like 1

My friend, you are doing something wrong in your quest for lawn seats to this show. I was able to choose 2 lawn seats though they are $35 each, not $25. There will be ripoffmaster service fees as well so no doubt you'll be pushing $100 for 2 tix when all is said and done. It's being handled by Live Nation though can be accessed via Ticketbastard as well. Here's a link to the concert you're wanting to attend:

https://www.livenati...ing-dangerously

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

My friend, you are doing something wrong in your quest for lawn seats to this show. I was able to choose 2 lawn seats though they are $35 each, not $25. There will be ripoffmaster service fees as well so no doubt you'll be pushing $100 for 2 tix when all is said and done. It's being handled by Live Nation though can be accessed via Ticketbastard as well. Here's a link to the concert you're wanting to attend:

https://www.livenati...ing-dangerously

you're right. yesterday I only saw resales in the 40-something dollar range. thanks for pointing this out

• Like 2

Don't even mess with any of that. Walk up to the ticket window on the day of the show and you'll almost certainly get a seat.

That's exactly how I got to see R40 in a fully catered luxury box. Just roll up to the venue and you can get seats at the window or, even better, get tix from people unloading them.
  • Like 2

Or stand outside the venue and just keep yelling 'NEED SOME TICKETS!'

That doesn't always work thou

It worked better years ago when scalpers were around the venues more often. You could usually get a good deal within a half hour of the event starting. My friend and I used to attend a lot of Buffalo Sabres games when we were younger doing that.

Yeah true, and oooooo really??

Don't even mess with any of that. Walk up to the ticket window on the day of the show and you'll almost certainly get a seat.

That's exactly how I got to see R40 in a fully catered luxury box. Just roll up to the venue and you can get seats at the window or, even better, get tix from people unloading them.

I'd do this all the time if I didn't live in bumfuck. I guess if I did make the two hour drive and still couldn't get a ticket, I'd just hang out in the parking lot and listen

That’s how my wife and I got tickets for the Stones’ 40 Licks tour at the Garden. And when they did their acoustic set in the middle of the audience, they were about 25 feet from us. When they were led offstage after the first set, Jagger was no more than 6 inches from my outstretched hand.

• Like 1

That’s how my wife and I got tickets for the Stones’ 40 Licks tour at the Garden. And when they did their acoustic set in the middle of the audience, they were about 25 feet from us. When they were led offstage after the first set, Jagger was no more than 6 inches from my outstretched hand.

Nice!

I'd do this all the time if I didn't live in bumfuck. I guess if I did make the two hour drive and still couldn't get a ticket, I'd just hang out in the parking lot and listen

Yeah, make an event of it, and if you get in, bonus.

Even if you can't get into the show, hangout in the lot. There's ALWAYS tailgaters at every concert, especially amphitheaters. Take it in, have a fun time, and make some friends!