Yellow Submarine will be back in theaters!

librarian

The Beatles' Yellow Submarine will be in theaters in July to celebrate its 50th anniversary. I can't wait to see it on the big screen!!!! :yay:
  • Like 6

I would forward the link I don't know how to do that with a kindle, dammitt!!! :facepalm: Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

You guys are so fukking young.............I saw it in the theaters on the original release in '68. We were out of school for almost a week because of a terrific snowstorm in I believe January and my mom dropped myself and a friend off at the local neighborhood theater (now a strip bar.....sigh) to see it.
  • Like 1

You guys are so fukking young.............I saw it in the theaters on the original release in '68. We were out of school for almost a week because of a terrific snowstorm in I believe January and my mom dropped myself and a friend off at the local neighborhood theater (now a strip bar.....sigh) to see it.

Me too. Don't remember a snowstorm ( in NJ ) but we went to the movies to see it. I saw all of the Beatles movies when they were first released.

• Like 3

So did anyone go see it? It was shown twice here in SLC, saw it last week. It looked really good, it was remastered by hand..no digital editing. That must have taken a long time... Very funny with all their puns. I never had seen the whole thing so this was good to fill in the gaps. Now I know why Hey Bulldog was on the soundtrack.. :laughing guy:

So did anyone go see it? It was shown twice here in SLC, saw it last week. It looked really good, it was remastered by hand..no digital editing. That must have taken a long time... Very funny with all their puns. I never had seen the whole thing so this was good to fill in the gaps. Now I know why Hey Bulldog was on the soundtrack.. :laughing guy:

Have the DVD, but it's not the same. May not be the same version that's in theaters either.

I notice there's a version of the movie on Amazon Prime (I have saved in my watch list). I assume it's not the re-release.

It might be. It's 16:9 formatting (perfect widescreen), good resolution, and said it's in 5.1 surround. I admit I got about 6 minutes in and couldn't take anymore. Just not my cup o' tea, and I didn't notice much surround in that time. I'm fine with only listening to the album.

Glad I got to try this at home for free with my Prime subscription rather than finding this out paying at a theater.

Edited by stoopid

I would forward the link I don't know how to do that with a kindle, dammitt!!! :facepalm:

Yeah these Kindle Fire's suck for not being able to cut and paste and forward links, don't they?

I notice there's a version of the movie on Amazon Prime (I have saved in my watch list). I assume it's not the re-release.

It might be. It's 16:9 formatting (perfect widescreen), good resolution, and said it's in 5.1 surround. I admit I got about 6 minutes in and couldn't take anymore. Just not my cup o' tea, and I didn't notice much surround in that time. I'm fine with only listening to the album.

Glad I got to try this at home for free with my Prime subscription rather than finding this out paying at a theater.

I'm gonna check it out tonight!