38 years ago today

chemistry

April 4th, 1980......I was most probably cutting class at Northern Kentucky University to go get high or play table tennis and arcade games at the Rec Center. :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I had to wait until September 23rd of that year to have Rush blow me away for the first time. :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

I saw them on Feb 7th that year in Austin. It was my 2nd Rush show. I, too, was 14, soon to turn 15.

42 years ago, at the age of 18, I saw Rush for the first time at the Springfield Civic Center, Ma., opening for Foghat. Got there late, and could hear 2112 playing from outside the arena. Great start to my lifetime of seeing Rush live everytime they toured close to Providence, R.I., right up to their last tour.

42 years ago, at the age of 18, I saw Rush for the first time at the Springfield Civic Center, Ma., opening for Foghat. Got there late, and could hear 2112 playing from outside the arena. Great start to my lifetime of seeing Rush live everytime they toured close to Providence, R.I., right up to their last tour.

I saw Foghat 40 years ago, at the age of 13. They were the headliner then too, with Judas Priest opening.

• Like 1

I was 14 the first time I saw Rush too except it was December of 1974 at the Agora Ballroom in Cleveland Ohio. A day I’ll never forget. I wondered why the drummer looked so different than he did on the back of the album. By 1980, I had seen them 9 or 10 times.
  • Like 2

Nice JD! For me it was Massey Hall for one of the ATWAS shows. I had actually hung around with some other underage friends outside the Colonial Tavern in downtown Toronto when Rush played there, but Massey Hall was the first of many Toronto shows that I attended in the 70's - absolutely the best time for live Rush!
  • Like 2

I was 14 the first time I saw Rush too except it was December of 1974 at the Agora Ballroom in Cleveland Ohio. A day I’ll never forget. I wondered why the drummer looked so different than he did on the back of the album. By 1980, I had seen them 9 or 10 times.

Impressive!