What if all RUSH music on the planet magically disappeared?

JohnRogers

If all RUSH music disappeared one day, how would it affect you?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What if all the RUSH music magically went "poof"

• The participation rate here at TRF would decrease. Is this a trick question?
    • It wouldn't. We'd discuss Bon Jovi, Star Trek, or why its hard to be a member of the Libertarian Party but easy to be libertarian.
    • I'd track Neil Peart down and ask what is happening?
    • I'd criticize the music my friends listen to while describing RUSH music, doing air drum fills, then scream IT WAS REAL.
    • I'd form a three piece band and try to get rich off the memories in my head.
    • I'd take one to the dome.

Imagine that all Rush music in existence today magically went "poof" out of existence.

Then try to argue with a straight face to others that it did exist, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Yes, I am completely serious.

It is like all you have are memories in your head but people think you pulled it out of your ass, theorizing and completely ignorant of actual human history. You live in some damned fantasy world that never actually existed on the planet earth, yet Tom Sawyer feels real.

• Like 1

Since I don't know what 'take it to the dome' means, though I assume it's some sort of sports metaphor (that or Thunder Dome reference, but even that doesn't make a whole lot of sense), I chose 'form a 3 piece band and try to make money from the memories in my head', because those are gold, pure gold.
  • Like 2

Since I don't know what 'take it to the dome' means, though I assume it's some sort of sports metaphor (that or Thunder Dome reference, but even that doesn't make a whole lot of sense), I chose 'form a 3 piece band and try to make money from the memories in my head', because those are gold, pure gold.

I think he means suicide by shot to the head.

• Like 2

Before I can accurately vote, I need to know in regards to option 5, is there somewhere else one's memories are stored?

Memorex

I have a similar fear that one day the internet will get blown up,hijacked,or just disappear in a puff of stars and all streaming music,libraries on iPhones,computers will be gone just like in 2112.But I will still have my vinyl,cds,cassettes,in other words hard copy when all my mates parading around with their useless iPhones will be asking ,Hey man,what was that band Rush like,put on a CD.BTW i don’t do drugs
  • Like 2

I think he means suicide by shot to the head.

Oooooooooohhhhhh...

I'd rather it was a sports metaphor.

Neil would be 6 time employee of the month at Dalzial Equipment, known for his long tenure there, his winning smile and impish personality, beloved enough that even those who would normally be put off by his incessant proselytizing for His Lord would not only overlook it but engage in the jovial discussions with him about the weather and the length of Canadian winters, always neatly concluding that they were like days described in Genesis, lasting 1000 years.
  • Like 4

As a guy who likes the idea of having his family set up for life, the option of having no boss, and being able to do the philanthropic things I'd like to do- I have to say option 5.

I don't even play an instrument, but I'd be learning.

So it’d be a delusion that isn’t really a delusion but rather just an unprovable truth.

No matter what, I wouldn’t choose option 5. Since nobody would know of Rush’s existence, it’d be like trying to pass off their work as my own and getting rich off that fakery. I ain’t Milli Vanilli!

So it’d be a delusion that isn’t really a delusion but rather just an unprovable truth.

No matter what, I wouldn’t choose option 5. Since nobody would know of Rush’s existence, it’d be like trying to pass off their work as my own and getting rich off that fakery. I ain’t Milli Vanilli!

I'd feel guilty, if that counts.

Rutsey would still be alive.

Neil would be the author of books about steampunk motorcycles and involved in a prolonged lawsuit with the estate of Ayn Rand.

Ged would be Gary Weinrib, proprietor of a Toronto Jewish deli, My Favorite Headache.

Ray Danniels would still be rich. Just not as rich.

Al would be a studio musician and chef.

Bob and Doug McKenzie would have a hit with Take Off, featuring Rik Emmett.

Canada's greatest export would be Celine Dion.

Edited by Wil1972

It can't disappear, i mean with the cloud and all it's like impossible. :codger:

Oh no my friend, whatever cloud RUSH music is stored on would dissipate.

It can't disappear, i mean with the cloud and all it's like impossible. :codger:

Did you miss "magically" in the thread title? Just have faith that it disappears, trust me.

I'm not one to believe in magic.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

Before I can accurately vote, I need to know in regards to option 5, is there somewhere else one's memories are stored?

Memorex

Is it live, or is it Memorex?

• Like 1

Memorex

What if babycat transformed into a puppy??? :o :facepalm:

Memorex

What if treeduck transformed into a chicken? :eh:

• Like 2

Memorex

What if treeduck transformed into a chicken? :eh:

:o

• Like 1