You know you’re a Rush fanatic when

Red3angel

Tell me how you can tell A fanatic from just a casual fan. I say you’re a fanatic if you own all the live albums for example. What do you think makes someone a fanatic ?

'Fanatic' has a negative connotation ("a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal") so owning live albums shouldn't make one a fanatic.

Saying that every Rush album is brilliant would seem to lean towards harmless fanaticism.

Maybe SteveSmith Rush1978 has something to say on this topic! :D :cheers:

221btimelordette-i-was-initially-planning-on-being-a-casual-fan-29795193.png

• Like 6

I know someone is usually much more than the casual fan when the know how to correctly pronounce Peart. The fanatic is someone who says, "they wrote the soundtrack to my life" which isn't possible because soundtracks are written or compiled when the movie is released, not years later.
  • Like 4

....seems like I've definitely seen this thread before...

Ah well, might be worth having two of.

You know you're a Rush fan when you find it difficult to limit yourself to 4,000 words when you have to write and extended essay on 2112 for a special diploma requirement.

• Like 1

When and only when you become a

Net boy, net girl

And as such

Send your signal 'round the world

To make matters worse you

Let your fingers walk and talk

And set you free...

We all become fanbois the day we joined trf!

If you are a casual fan , get the blah blah blah out of here.

You listen to Snakes for clues on how to live like your aunt does with Joyce Meyer.

You think the lyrics to Half the World are profound.

If you meet Neil on the road and he brushed you off and makes rude remarks about you to his party within earshot, you blame yourself for your unworthiness.

• Like 3

You name your yacht "The Synth Era" because Power Windows and Hold Your Fire really float your boat.
  • Like 6

I left my wife, the mother of my two kids, who I knew resented my predilection for Rush, shortly after she said something disparaging about Al as I was watching A Show Of Hands vhs one evening

She meant it in such a way to be a personal, cutting remark. And I knew that.

I knew then, my time with her was nearing its end. Dumb b*tch :)

Is that a definition of being a fan

By the way, best thing I ever did leaving her and I hear she ok too so everybody happy

You know you're a fanatic when you break 5 jig-saw blades in 9th grade metal shop making the quintessential Rush (a la Hemispheres font) sign, thereby incurring the wrath of all those waiting to use the thing next.

or you get WWGD tattooed anywhere on your body.

One of these is true, one is not.

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 3

You'd be willing to get into a fistfight over whether or not PeW is an 80s album.

It is.

• Like 3

You'd just shake your head and laugh sardonically that people think that PeW is actually an 80s album.

Or maybe you'd throw some New York style pizza at them for their silly idea, because the alternative would be to eat it.

Edited by laughedatbytime

You'd be willing to get into a fistfight over whether or not PeW is an 80s album.

It is.

Which it clearly is.

Wut ?!!?

How can ya'll say PeW is an 80s album when it was clearly written and recorded in late 1979? It had no influence on the musical direction of rock nor inspired future musicians....{/sarcasm}

That said, Van Halen is a 80s album as well.... :P

http://funnypictures.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/funny-pictures-humor-Drunk-Octopus-Wants-To-Fight-hanger.jpg