New Jack White Album: Boarding House Reach... Who's with me?!

thoughts?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you like this album?

• Yes
    • really not sure
    • No

So Jack White just released a new album that I bought today. This is easily his most experimental record, with electronic beats and synthesizers, strange samples, unorthodox song structures, and even spoken word and rapped passages. It's received about every rating from 10/10 to 4.5/10. Has anyone else heard this album? If so what are your thoughts? Is this part of the future of rock and roll, a way to break back into the mainstream? Or is this just a very strange aside that won't likely be looked to for future inspiration by newer artists?

And if you hate it, feel free to expound upon that too.

Respectfully.

lol

• Like 1

The Over And Over And Over video popped up as recommended this afternoon and I watched it -- good song, I liked it .. but it was sort of what I expected ..

I need to listen to the entire album because I think Jack White has a lot more in his system than what he's doing

• Like 3

The Over And Over And Over video popped up as recommended this afternoon and I watched it -- good song, I liked it .. but it was sort of what I expected ..

I need to listen to the entire album because I think Jack White has a lot more in his system than what he's doing

I just checked out the Over and Over and Over video...pretty cool. Sounds like Rage Against the Machine with some proggy breaks thrown in. I'm always a fan of weird trippy videos.

Connected by Love is also on youtube and is a good song as well. Sort of ballady but has some interesting surprising flavor thrown in.

I admire Jack but I admit I don't have any of his albums. I might dip my toe in on this one. I think Jack and Beck have alot on common where they have free reign to throw everything into their material and make some really creative stuff. Jack also gets some weird kind of ugly tones from his guitar which is cool.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

I've always been a huge fan of his. I have Lazaretto and Blunderbuss and I definitely want to hear Boarding House Reach. The radio here plays Connected by Love and Over and Over and Over, both are great tunes. Maybe I can grab an iTunes card today and download the album.

I'm a big fan of The White Stripes as well as The Raconteurs and Dead Weather. If you want to hear more of his music, I would suggest listening to those bands.

• Like 1

Only thing I really like from this man is The Racontieurs

I listened to the album once. Nothing really stood out as WOW... so I will dedicate more time to listening to it.

I appreciate what Jack is doing though.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 3

i like it better than Lazaretto but not quite as much as Blunderbuss. it’s got some pretty good tracks, he’s a very experimental artist which is cool. as pretentious as JW may be, he puts out some good stuff.

I don't like Connected By Love at all. Over and Over... is better.

a lot of people don’t like Connected By Love but i like it.