Lost in Vegas (reaction to) The Spirit of Radio

treeduck

Megadave never gave them swag.

Metallica never gave them swag.

Rush gave them free vinyl, CD, DVD, and a drumhead, and they're the kind of guys who will take that stuff and raffle it off to Rush fans.

This is the humanity I signed up for. Other bands gotta step up to the plate.

Wait, bands need to give some guys on YouTube free stuff just because they dig some songs from them? I don't see why that should be the case. If they like it then go buy the albums/singles themselves just like any other fan should.

Did you even watch the video? They never asked for or expected anything from anyone. Someone that works for Rush contacted them and gave them the stuff. It is the first time anyone has contacted them and given them props and gifts for what they are doing. It was a very smart move for Rush as these guys have a very diverse following and that is the best advertising that Rush can get right now, Your post comes across as childish with a touch of hatred.

Well, childish is pushing it, but I agree with most of what you say here.

I am not trying start anything but to me having an attitude of why should they get anything when we don't is childish (At least in this context. If it were people who were starving to death and they saw other people being given food then I could perhaps understand having that attitude.) :cheers: Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

Megadave never gave them swag.

Metallica never gave them swag.

Rush gave them free vinyl, CD, DVD, and a drumhead, and they're the kind of guys who will take that stuff and raffle it off to Rush fans.

This is the humanity I signed up for. Other bands gotta step up to the plate.

Wait, bands need to give some guys on YouTube free stuff just because they dig some songs from them? I don't see why that should be the case. If they like it then go buy the albums/singles themselves just like any other fan should.

Did you even watch the video? They never asked for or expected anything from anyone. Someone that works for Rush contacted them and gave them the stuff. It is the first time anyone has contacted them and given them props and gifts for what they are doing. It was a very smart move for Rush as these guys have a very diverse following and that is the best advertising that Rush can get right now, Your post comes across as childish with a touch of hatred.

Well, childish is pushing it, but I agree with most of what you say here.

I am not trying start anything but to me having an attitude of why should they get anything when we don't is childish (At least in this context. If it were people who were starving to death and they saw other people being given food then I could perhaps understand having that attitude.) :cheers:

I quoted myself when I meant to edit. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

Great reaction and review.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one on earth who hasn't seen E.T. :AlienSmiley: :hail:

I watch them regularly and so far they've reviewed Working Man, YYZ and Spirit of the Radio. With YYZ they kept waiting for the lyrics to start so they could analyze them. They finally checked to see if it was just music and felt a little foolish when they found out it was.

My favorite review by them so far is "I can still make Cheyenne" by George Strait. Their reaction was great

• Like 1

I have almost always found the idea of posting a reaction to music on You Tube to be kind of self-serving and egotistical, but I have watched all 3 of their reactions to Rush songs (and a few others) and I really gotta hand it to them. They are absolutely spot on in almost everything they say when describing Rush It’s like they are picking up on a lot of subtle things about their music after one listen that it takes me a few listens to pick up on. More than anything, what I think they hear is the soul and feel that Rush possess in their music that is impossible to duplicate. They seem to appreciate the same things I do, a lot of which are unrelated to technical prowess. The fact that they were not really impressed with Dream Theater tells me they recognize a difference that I think most of us have always recognized and have been on our soapboxes about.

I think it’s great that they are potentially introducing Rush to newer generations that may never have listened otherwise.

• Like 4

It's how promotion works these days,

False.

https://www.channeln...-banned-9882740

Enjoy.

I think there is a difference here; what I was referring to was businesses promoting themselves through social media, not being held for ransom by strange Instagrammers. :) But I agree, there are lots of ways of promotion.

• Like 1

It's how promotion works these days,

False.

https://www.channeln...-banned-9882740

Enjoy.

That girl is an idiot!

Me or the Instagram girl, bwa hahaha! Either way, I'm good! :moose: :moose:

I only call you an idiot (among other things) during sex games! :coy:

:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: Shhh, Kurt Russell will be jealous!

• Like 1

Magic....it's magical.

Love their reaction to this song. It is pure joy. And they felt it.

These guys did 2112 recently too

He's an octopus!

Their reactions are so sincere. Great attitude, some great insight. They help me remember my first reactions to Rush. I really enjoy their videos.

• Like 2

These guys did 2112 recently too

He's an octopus!

Their reactions are so sincere. Great attitude, some great insight. They help me remember my first reactions to Rush. I really enjoy their videos.

How did I miss that when it came out? That was epic! Oh I'm so glad they loved it! Ryan picked up on the crowd chant for Overture all by himself! It's amazing! 2112, hands down, one of the greatest pieces of music and recordings to come out of the entire rock movement. I often say Cygnus X-1 is my favorite Rush tune, but 2112 is really their best. And I often say Supper's Ready is probably my second favorite song of all time, but if anything could give that a run for its money it's 2112 all day. Free thinkers, heh, no wonder they love Rush.