• Van Halen - Van Halen
    • Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    • The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
    • London Calling - The Clash
    • Permanent Waves - Rush
    • Hemispheres - Rush
    • Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
    • Abbey Road - The Beatles
    • The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
    • Animals - Pink Floyd

My list of 'best of all time' would be much different and I did not have the selection I'd prefer, so while I voted for the Clash, it's not even the best album by the Clash, and the Clash did not make my favorite album.

Not that I know what that album is, because it changes, and maybe the Clash sometimes does hit that spot.

In fact, most of these bands made better albums.

But it's interesting to see where the consensus lies.

• Like 1

To those who are dissatisfied with having to choose a single favorite between all of these great albums.

You all choose the albums that advanced this far, or were ever considered in the first place, not me. :P

But yeah this is way too hard. Part of me just wants to give AFTK the nod and be done with it, but then there's Quadrophenia and Ziggy to consider, not to mention Abbey Road and Animals, and Close To The Edge, and LZIV...and Paranoid.

Yeah I'm choosing Freewill on this one.

Zep IV.

Definitely not London Calling, A fine album that's a bit over rated as a darling of the critics and Rolling Stone magazine.

What I've never exactly understood about London Calling is that it's often cited by critics as one of (if not just) the greatest punk albums of all time, yet when I listen to it, there's like one song I might actually call punk. Maybe my understanding of the genre is too narrow, but most of what's on the record I feel like goes outside the boundaries of punk to a significant degree.

• Like 1

To those who are dissatisfied with having to choose a single favorite between all of these great albums.

You all choose the albums that advanced this far, or were ever considered in the first place, not me. :P

But yeah this is way too hard. Part of me just wants to give AFTK the nod and be done with it, but then there's Quadrophenia and Ziggy to consider, not to mention Abbey Road and Animals, and Close To The Edge, and LZIV...and Paranoid.

Yeah I'm choosing Freewill on this one.

For me, it was a toss up from five options. I went with what I went with but for sure it wasn’t easy. :no:

Hell, I might even change my mind tomorrow and change my vote! Who knows?! :unsure:

A tough choice to make comes from an interesting question/scenario. :hail:

• Like 1

Zep IV.

Definitely not London Calling, A fine album that's a bit over rated as a darling of the critics and Rolling Stone magazine.

What I've never exactly understood about London Calling is that it's often cited by critics as one of (if not just) the greatest punk albums of all time, yet when I listen to it, there's like one song I might actually call punk. Maybe my understanding of the genre is too narrow, but most of what's on the record I feel like goes outside the boundaries of punk to a significant degree.

Interesting. This might be a sign of age then because London Calling is a prime example of punk (to me)

• Like 2

Zep IV.

Interesting. This might be a sign of age then because London Calling is a prime example of punk (to me)

Maybe. I dunno. I associate punk with a particular type of sound and style of playing and songwriting. The Ramones and the Sex Pistols exemplify this. Most of London Calling just doesn't to me.

Decided. My vote goes to Led Zeppelin IV. It's a huge classic.

putting us at a four way tie for the lead, with three votes each, lol

• Like 1

Not voting for Close To The Edge is damn near impossible for me .. It's one of a few albums that I both love and can realistically been seen as GOAT ..

But what Close To The Edge does not have is Geddy ******* Lee and the voice from another dimension

I went with Hemispheres

• Like 3

Decided. My vote goes to Led Zeppelin IV. It's a huge classic.

Good to see at least one truly classic album in the mix. Two RUSH albums and the Clash mixing it up for greatest album of all time was a little unsettling. :P

you know if the rest of the rush selections would come over to Hemispheres, we'd be dominating this.

But Hems isn't the greatest Rush album. That title belongs to AFTK :P

• Like 5

Not voting for Close To The Edge is damn near impossible for me .. It's one of a few albums that I both love and can realistically been seen as GOAT ..

But what Close To The Edge does not have is Geddy ******* Lee and the voice from another dimension

I went with Hemispheres

Hemispheres is my all time fav but went ctte.

I suppose i have been watching yessongs too much lately. The title track is next level crazy live .

• Like 1

you know if the rest of the rush selections would come over to Hemispheres, we'd be dominating this.

No album with Madrigal can be the greatest of all time.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

• Like 1

No album with Madrigal can be the greatest of all time.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Madrigal is perfection, and the rest is transcendent. :P

• Like 4

Zep IV.

Like Rush and "progressive". Once you get a label, it's hard to shake no matter how inaccurate it becomes.

• Like 1

Zep IV.

Maybe. I dunno. I associate punk with a particular type of sound and style of playing and songwriting. The Ramones and the Sex Pistols exemplify this. Most of London Calling just doesn't to me.

And these three would be the first three bands I think of when I hear the word “punk”

• Like 2