• Van Halen - Van Halen
    • Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    • The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
    • London Calling - The Clash
    • Permanent Waves - Rush
    • Hemispheres - Rush
    • Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
    • Abbey Road - The Beatles
    • The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
    • Animals - Pink Floyd

Heartbreakingly, no Queen albums have reached the final round. It's a sad day for music fans everywhere.

Now that I've said my piece. Every Rush album advanced, and because of that, I decided to take not the top three from each group, but the top six, as the final was only going to have three or four non-Rush albums otherwise. So this may be kind of a lot, 18 albums to choose from, but I think it's only fair considering the Rush bias at play.

ANATO was one vote away, sigh.

Have fun!

• Like 3

Title says "greatest", instructions use "favorite". Which is it?

Many people start arguing pointlessly when you try to differentiate the two, as if there's absolutely nothing objective you can say about music. I say vote however you voted in the last two, greatest vs. favorite, assuming you do differentiate them.

Title says "greatest", instructions use "favorite". Which is it?

Many people start arguing pointlessly when you try to differentiate the two, as if there's absolutely nothing objective you can say about music. I say vote however you voted in the last two, greatest vs. favorite, assuming you do differentiate them.

Hot fudge brownie with French vanilla ice cream on top is objectively the greatest dessert ever made. The word “objectively” before the ending quantifies the statement.

My mind truly believes it’s objective so it’s objective. <——more evidence!

I’m going with Moving Pictures as not only the greatest album of all time but also my favorite! :P

Note: BS objections such as “It's been overplayed” or “It’s over appreciated” are disqualified due to not being objective reasons.

• Like 3

OK, so I just listened to the five Rush albums on the list...I might have to listen to the other 13 to make a choice. Or, maybe there should have been another elimination round before the finals. Any decision I make betrays another favourite album...yikes!!!!
  • Like 3

:musicnote: Quando para mucho mi amore de felice corazon :musicnote: Edited by librarian
  • Like 4

OK, so I just listened to the five Rush albums on the list...I might have to listen to the other 13 to make a choice. Or, maybe there should have been another elimination round before the finals. Any decision I make betrays another favourite album...yikes!!!!

I’m too lazy to make a thread on this but if I weren’t I’d have a Most Favorite Album by a Non-Big Gun Band/Artist poll.

Big guns [relative to TRF] would include bands/artists such as Rush, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Sabbath, etc. It'd be a long list.

It’s true that I’m too lazy to make such a thread but mainly I’m scared that someone like Lady Gaga or Coldplay would win.

• Like 2

I’m too lazy to make a thread on this but if I weren’t I’d have a Most Favorite Album by a Non-Big Gun Band/Artist poll.

Big guns [relative to TRF] would include bands/artists such as Rush, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Sabbath, etc. It'd be a long list.

It’s true that I’m too lazy to make such a thread but mainly I’m scared that someone like Lady Gaga or Coldplay would win.

Both are viable modern pop artists, and honestly pretty good ones.

• Like 1

Both are viable modern pop artists, and honestly pretty good ones.

Changes nothing about me not feeling anything about their music.

I don’t dislike them but to me they’re akin to a forgettable movie soundtrack.

Oh crap!!!

Right?!!!! (Might have to sleep on this one). :huh:

I do. For me it’s Paranoid v. Abbey Road v. PeW v. MP.

You mean Tyr vs Yellow Submarine vs Presto?

f**k it was between The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars and Combat Rock ♥️♥️

Ziggy is a very strong contender!
  • Like 2

Maiden didn't have a vote yet so I went with them. But there isn't a wrong choice in this.

Agreed. I gave Zep IV a nod. That one and VH are the two I played beginning to end more than any others on the list. Hours staring at the cover art as well.
  • Like 1

Interesting that 2112 doesn't have any votes. If only side 2 was half as epic as side 1.

Even more interesting is that Moving Pictures and Close to the Edge were the top two picks in their section last round (with MP easily winning that). So far in this final they’ve only got a single vote between them.

I’m also surprised that nobody’s voted for the VH debut.

Whoa!

Battle of the Super Heavyweights!

*Given the number of voters already, we’re probably already half way done.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3