Would you feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected of Rush were to continue on without any one of their three members?

JohnnyBlaze

Two men enter, one man leave.   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if Rush were to continue on without any one of their three members?

• Yes, I would.
    • No, I wouldn’t.
  2. 2. Too lazy to type how you feel? Choose one of these you lazy bastard to express yourself more fully.

• I’d feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if any one of their three members were to change but I’d still buy their music and go to the gigs!
    • I’d wash my hands clean of Rush by destroying any music or apparel I have. I’d never listen to them again! But I’d still come to TRF to bitch about the membership change.
    • I’m too lazy to read the other selections. I saw the word “lazy” here in option 3 and am choosing this one.
    • I’m of the fraroc mind in that Geddy is a spineless wuss who’s manipulated by Neil. Not sure how that fits in this topic but I’m shoehorning it in.
    • I’m okay with changing any one of the members.
    • I’m okay with changing one member...but it depends on which member.
    • I’m okay with changing one, two, or all of them! Bring in androids and cheesdick holograms and call them Rush! Just bring it!

Because the majority of Rush fans are more passionate about Rush than your average fan is about their favorite band, and the majority of those die-hard Rush fans would feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if the band were to continue on without any one of its three members as they've known the band only as Geddy, Alex, and Neil for over forty years. Not to mention Rush have stated multiple times that Rush is only those three, and replacements are out of the question.

Fans would not have it, the band have always said it wouldn't happen. There's no good reason for it to happen. They gave us forty years of their lives with barely a moment of rest aside from Neil's brief personal retreat. How is that not enough?

The bolded part is just plain embarrassing. Grow up.

You have every right to tell me to grow up, I'm only 19, but that doesn't my statement any less correct.

Make a poll and settle this thing!

I don't think we need a poll, just have EP post a picture of his birth certificate and we can do the subtraction ourselves.

:eh:

I'm 19. I'm a college sophomore. What else could you possibly want to know about me?

You'd have to ask goose, he's the one who wants to run a poll to see if you're really 19...

I think he was saying we should make a poll asking if me being 19 makes my earlier post any more or less correct, which it doesn't. Y'all know as much about me as I'm comfortable putting on the internet, there will be no more.

:LOL:

This would be the poll, funny guys...

Yes or No:

[As a] die-hard Rush fans would [you] feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if the band were to continue on without any one of its three members[?]

goose said what I was thinking so this thread exists. :hail:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Die hard fans only, please.

Yippee cay yay...!

Poser

I bet you think the best Rush albums is Born To Run.

I'm off to play a great Rush song.

That's right.

The best ever!

Anagram (For Mongo)

Speaks to me. It my lyf

Die hard fans only, please.

Yippee cay yay...!

Poser

I bet you think the best Rush albums is Born To Run.

I'm off to play a great Rush song.

That's right.

The best ever!

Anagram (For Mongo)

Speaks to me. It my lyf

No. Just no.

This was completely uncalled for. Thanks for the insult. Grow up.

I think its safe to say you're one of the most beloved members here. Take it with a pinch of salt!

• Like 3

If Neil gives his blessing although it wouldn't bother me if he didn't then Geddy and Alex should continue Rush with someone else if they think that's the right move to make. I wouldn't feel disrespected but I would be very sceptical of the decision at first.

But if they found a good replacement and made a good album with that person is what matters most. If the material is good is what's most important to me.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I wouldn't feel "cheated," because it really doesn't rise to that level of importance for me. Do I think Alex and Geddy should continue on as Rush without Neil? No.

Your not a real fan

• Like 2

If Neil gives his blessing although it wouldn't bother me if he didn't then Geddy and Alex should continue Rush with someone else if they think that's the right move to make. I wouldn't be offended but I would be very sceptical of the decision at first.

But if they found a good replacement and made a good album with that person is what matters most. If the material is good is what's most important to me.

His “blessing”?! Neil’s not the Pope. In fact, I doubt he believes the Pope or the Vatican even exist!

• Like 2

I wouldn't feel "cheated," because it really doesn't rise to that level of importance for me. Do I think Alex and Geddy should continue on as Rush without Neil? No.

Your not a real fan

You’re your yor not Rush1977...79...a 31 year Rush fan.

• Like 1

What the quoted pyramid of posts in the original post tells me is that EP is one of the most sincere and knowledgeable people here, and that there are many assholes 3x his age who either resent him because of his verve and sincerity or just because he can articulate things that they can't ..

I'd much sooner buy into Rush without Neil than this forum without Entre-Perpetuo

• Like 3

Your not a real fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYP5XP0Rlk

You’re your yor not Rush1977...79...a 31 year Rush fan.

I could only hope to attain that level of fandom.

Your not a real fan

Are you kidding me? I own Snake and Arrows. And LIKE it.

Why did you buy an album if you're never going to listen to it?

Your not a real fan

Are you kidding me? I own Snake and Arrows. And LIKE it.

Why did you buy an album if you're never going to listen to it?

What are you? Thick?

Because its :rush:.

• Like 1

What the quoted pyramid of posts in the original post tells me is that EP is one of the most sincere and knowledgeable people here, and that there are many assholes 3x his age who either resent him because of his verve and sincerity or just because he can articulate things that they can't ..

I'd much sooner buy into Rush without Neil than this forum without Entre-Perpetuo

If you break down that pyramid post, there’s only one negative post in there. The other stuff is just silly stuff or just...stuff.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I'd be fine w/ them replacing a member as long as that member is Neil. :poke:

who else would it be?

I'd be fine w/ them replacing a member as long as that member is Neil. :poke:

who else would it be?

Well, yeah, I think that went without saying. However, the choices did not specify, so I said it.

If you break down that pyramid post, there’s only one negative post in there. The other stuff is just silly stuff or just...stuff.

That pyramid came from a thread in which two members here - Tony and Ed Hunter - showed a total lack of respect for one of the finest people here ..

What is unfortunate is not the fact that some will disagree or take exception to certain opinions - that is to be expected, and really, what discussion forums are all about ... It's that there are people who contribute nothing of substance to not only certain topics, but to this forum at all ..

Balance is nice .. If you want to take exception to something EP wrote, fine, but there are only a handful of people here who initiate keeping this forum interesting, and because EP is one, I would hope that those who make snarky, condescending or harsh comments directed his way would also show some appreciation for the multitude of excellent posts he makes ..

When people comment in a thread with the sole purpose of knocking down someone else, it's just sort of disheartening

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

A self-depricating sense of humor and a fondness for parody are two traits that draw me to RUSH. I like that they don't take themselves too seriously.
  • Like 2

For me, the singer is the key member. There are guitarists and drummers who are as competent or even more competent than Alex or Neil, but I doubt anyone sings like Geddy, at least in his heyday (which is long past). I wouldn't be as excited to see them, but I'd go anyway, depending on ticket prices.

I can't imagine, and wouldn't go see Boston without Bred Delp or Van Halen with DLR, or Queen without Freddie, or Journey without Steve Perry or Yes without Jon Anderson.

That pyramid came from a thread in which two members here - Tony and Ed Hunter - showed a total lack of respect for one of the finest people here ..

What is unfortunate is not the fact that some will disagree or take exception to certain opinions - that is to be expected, and really, what discussion forums are all about ... It's that there are people who contribute nothing of substance to not only certain topics, but to this forum at all ..

Balance is nice .. If you want to take exception to something EP wrote, fine, but there are only a handful of people here who initiate keeping this forum interesting, and because EP is one, I would hope that those who make snarky, condescending or harsh comments directed his way would also show some appreciation for the multitude of excellent posts he makes ..

When people comment in a thread with the sole purpose of knocking down someone else, it's just sort of disheartening

I hear you.

In regards to your last sentence, unfortunately it’s inevitable.

Still, EP has probably received (and deserved) fifty times the praise compared to the number of rips he’s gotten over the years. Additionally, anyone who posts enough will be ripped no matter what the content.

• Like 2