'Home'work projects

Saint NIck

Hey my RUSH Family, some of Y'all may remember a few months ago when I began some 'home'work projects; well, let's just say it's still a work in progress. I did a paint job in my Dad's room, and just over a month ago I did a paint job in my living room. This is where it gets maybe-kinda interesting; stay with me, I love The Flintstones, and though I have a couple big screens, and a blu-ray player, I still have some working vcr's...yep, I said video cassette recorders. I know you're gonna call me some crazy names in a friendly manner, but I love my video tape collection; and I have quite a few...hundred. My copies of RUSH...EXIT...STAGE LEFT, Through the Camera Eye, Grace Under Pressure, A Show of Hands and Chronicles come in at tape #'s 8, 18, 229, 300 & 325. Then, at around 492 come the video boots that I acquired during the early-to-mid '90's of Signals, 'Grace', 'Power', 'HYF', 'Presto', 'Bones', 'Parts' & 'Echo'. As well as Neil's "A Work in Progress" on VHS. The last tape I counted in my collection is at 895; and have so many, many more. That's a project that'll take some time to find out what's on those tapes; some of which is RUSH footage from CNN, Neil's performance on David Letterman and The Colbert Show. I know I may be ridiculous, and probably very slow in technology; but my machines still work, and it's a hobby that I love. Thanks & love Y'all.!
  • Like 4

Hey my RUSH Family, some of Y'all may remember a few months ago when I began some 'home'work projects; well, let's just say it's still a work in progress. I did a paint job in my Dad's room, and just over a month ago I did a paint job in my living room. This is where it gets maybe-kinda interesting; stay with me, I love The Flintstones, and though I have a couple big screens, and a blu-ray player, I still have some working vcr's...yep, I said video cassette recorders. I know you're gonna call me some crazy names in a friendly manner, but I love my video tape collection; and I have quite a few...hundred. My copies of RUSH...EXIT...STAGE LEFT, Through the Camera Eye, Grace Under Pressure, A Show of Hands and Chronicles come in at tape #'s 8, 18, 229, 300 & 325. Then, at around 492 come the video boots that I acquired during the early-to-mid '90's of Signals, 'Grace', 'Power', 'HYF', 'Presto', 'Bones', 'Parts' & 'Echo'. As well as Neil's "A Work in Progress" on VHS. The last tape I counted in my collection is at 895; and have so many, many more. That's a project that'll take some time to find out what's on those tapes; some of which is RUSH footage from CNN, Neil's performance on David Letterman and The Colbert Show. I know I may be ridiculous, and probably very slow in technology; but my machines still work, and it's a hobby that I love. Thanks & love Y'all.!

SN, that is great, and I can relate

Going back to the 80s, my friend and I were obsessed with recording every bit of music-related thing we saw on TV ... and he had a guy he knew in Buffalo, NY that had just about everything bootlegged on VHS .. TV shows and concerts from every country - it was a great era ..

My parents bought a huge ( 20 ' ) satellite dish around 1984-85, and for a kid, that was quite an experience ..

I'm current on a blu ray buying binge - special edition movies with booklets and photos and actual sections on film in one case ....

Hey, a person could have worse vices !!

:LOL:

Edited by Lucas