Is it wrong to be upset with RUSH for not making a new album

Rush1978

No it is not wrong. Someone start a thread where we can hurl invective at Neil Peart.

Not sure if your serious but you made me laugh none the less

Neil RULES :Neil: :clap:

Rush is over. They're not suddenly coming back to record new music. Also Geddy's voice is shot. Sad but you have to accept it

Geddy's voice is shot LOL

Who told you that, I wont accept that, :geddy: Lalalalalala

Rush is over. They're not suddenly coming back to record new music. Also Geddy's voice is shot. Sad but you have to accept it

the evil villain the yodeler?

yea he's done, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Rush prime ended in 85. So yes it’s wrong. CA was great because it was a concept like the past. M2c

Huh? They were only 10 years into a 40 year career. They were just getting started! That being said, I thought that the ingrained “creativeness” would prevail and they would want to create new music. While I think that Geddy and Alex still have that drive, i’m not so sure Neil does. He may still be coming up with some lyrics every now and then, but I don’t think he can hear that drum set in the basement calling his name.

Amazing photo !!! Good for you, You deserve it

Hope your doing well now :notworthy: :ebert:

f**k that, he sounded great on my show.

I would love Geddy's voice if he had cotton balls in his mouth Nothing will change that !!! :rush:

:geddy: :guitar:

• Like 1

As a consistently good live singer his voice is certainly shot. He can still sing decent I'm sure but those longer live shows during Rush's final tours did his voice no favors. You're just a blind fanboy if you can't hear the decline in his voice.

That's why whatever he does next musically should be instrumental only. He's done enough with his voice. He should just focus on jamming out now in his later years. Give the pipes a rest, they've more than earned it.

• Like 2

As a consistently good live singer his voice is certainly shot. He can still sing decent I'm sure but those longer live shows during Rush's final tours did his voice no favors. You're just a blind fanboy if you can't hear the decline in his voice.

That's why whatever he does next musically should be instrumental only. He's done enough with his voice. He should just focus on jamming out now in his later years. Give the pipes a rest, they've more than earned it.

That CA dvd. he was shot after Subdivisions, lol

and that was the opener.

Mick

• Like 1

Blind fanboy # 1

And dig up all the essays you wrote in 8th and 9th grade for lyric material!

:LOL:

"The hypocrites are slandering the sacred halls of truth..."

Neil didn't "give up" on Rush — he decided after 40 years that he didn't want to do a physically grueling job anymore, that involves a ton of travel and being away from his young daughter. I'd be excited if they ever did anything again but if 20 albums in 40 years isn't enough for you, I don't know what to tell you.

I agree when Neil said he was done, it was time for HIM to retire.

My frustration with Neil is with the way he handled it...he gave everyone short notice, and he took Geddy and Alex into retirement with him. It now appears there will be no Lee Lifeson "project."

They clearly weren't ready to call it quits at that moment picked by Neil. It would have been nice for Neil to acknowledge that and to publicly encourage his two lifetime co-workers to record together again.

• Like 2

Neil didn't "give up" on Rush — he decided after 40 years that he didn't want to do a physically grueling job anymore, that involves a ton of travel and being away from his young daughter. I'd be excited if they ever did anything again but if 20 albums in 40 years isn't enough for you, I don't know what to tell you.

My frustration with Neil is with the way he handled it...he gave everyone short notice, and he took Geddy and Alex into retirement with him. It now appears there will be no Lee Lifeson "project."

They clearly weren't ready to call it quits at that moment picked by Neil. It would have been nice for Neil to acknowledge that and to publicly encourage his two lifetime co-workers to record together again.

Why should Neil have gone public with that? It's a private matter between the three of them whether Neil is ok with Geddy and Alex doing new music. Also they're two grown men and can do whatever the hell they want. I doubt Neil cares if they continue on with new music.

I know Geddy will do solo albums again. I just think he's relaxing right now and enjoying things he didn't have the time for all those years he was busy with Rush. Same with Alex. Although I think he's more inclined to just enjoy retirement, smoke weed and probably just do some guest recording spots here and there.

• Like 5

No it is not wrong. Someone start a thread where we can hurl invective at Neil Peart.

Not sure if your serious but you made me laugh none the less

Neil RULES :Neil: :clap:

We need to blame SOMEONE. Like many others here I squarely blame Neil Peart...mostly in jest though.

It was time for them to quit. Geddys voice has slowly been going downhill since Snakes. You could hear it starting to break even back then. Alex looked like he was in pain a good bit of the R40 tour and made more mistakes than I have ever heard him do live. Neil has been simplifying his drum parts for years as well, probably due to his tendinitis. If you’ve read his books you can tell he’s just been touring with the guys for years only so he can ride his motorcycle around in interesting places. Most everyone here knows these things but some are more or less willing to accept them.
  • Like 4

Exactly what ive been thinking on this topic, Ive been thinking it for years now, Still in confusion :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

Well this is a mechanized world out of hand, They are better off at home with the kids i guess ?????

I cant believe i just wrote that :fuckinputer:

Come back Neil :Neil: = :rush:

Why should Neil have gone public with that? It's a private matter between the three of them whether Neil is ok with Geddy and Alex doing new music. Also they're two grown men and can do whatever the hell they want. I doubt Neil cares if they continue on with new music.

I know Geddy will do solo albums again. I just think he's relaxing right now and enjoying things he didn't have the time for all those years he was busy with Rush. Same with Alex. Although I think he's more inclined to just enjoy retirement, smoke weed and probably just do some guest recording spots here and there.

Why? They are not a private organization. He had life long co-workers, that supported him when it counted. They both said they weren't ready to retire. Supporting them would have been the right thing to do. What is the harm in saying he was interested in what they record without him?

Maybe Geddy has one solo album left. Maybe. Alex has been cold on that idea.

I doubt they do one together. Damn shame.

That CA dvd. he was shot after Subdivisions, lol

and that was the opener.

Mick

Well they're the ones that made the mistake of releasing a Clockwork Angels live DVD and album from one of the last dates of the tour were everybody was tired and burnt out.

Why? They are not a private organization. He had life long co-workers, that supported him when it counted. They both said they weren't ready to retire. Supporting them would have been the right thing to do. What is the harm in saying he was interested in what they record without him?

So. When someone does something kind for you you keep score? If his heart isn't in it, then retiring is the right thing to do.
  • Like 3

Boy some People get really upset by this topic :gumby: :banghead: :fury:

So what if some of us want more RUSH, We can always dream, Nobody here knows if they will return,

Maybe they will choose to play once again ? Stranger things have happened in Rock and Roll

Im not personally asking them to start up the band again Gezzz Have a hot dog and chill :hotdog:

• Like 1

Part of being a Rush fan is accepting the fact that even if Geddy, Alex and Neil are your personal heroes, they're not saints. Nobody's perfect 100% of the time. Personally, I always hated how Neil forced Ged and Al's hands into retirement even though they didn't want to, and to be honest, I'm also a bit disappointed in Geddy for not having a spine. He should have told Neil "Look, you may be done, but I'm not. I still want to perform, I still want to make new music, and whether you want to participate or not is your perogative."

I guess he's just too nice to do that.

• Like 1

Part of being a Rush fan is accepting the fact that even if Geddy, Alex and Neil are your personal heroes, they're not saints. Nobody's perfect 100% of the time. Personally, I always hated how Neil forced Ged and Al's hands into retirement even though they didn't want to, and to be honest, I'm also a bit disappointed in Geddy for not having a spine. He should have told Neil "Look, you may be done, but I'm not. I still want to perform, I still want to make new music, and whether you want to participate or not is your perogative."

The “forced into retirement” and “not having a spine” are just what go on in your frarocky head. Maybe he did say that to Neil. How would we know?

Maybe he’s Canadian.

And how many times do you need to hear this? ——> Neil deciding to retire is not an edict for Geddy and Alex to stop making music. Hell, Alex has already contributed to some music projects since the end of R40.

• Like 2

The “forced into retirement” and “not having a spine” are just what go on in your frarocky head. Maybe he did say that to Neil. How would we know?

Maybe he’s Canadian.

And how many times do you need to hear this? ——> Neil deciding to retire is not an edict for Geddy and Alex to stop making music. Hell, Alex has already contributed to some music projects since the end of R40.

And believing otherwise is reaching to the extreme.
  • Like 1

Rush has never aired their personal business in public though. Who's to say that the matter of Geddy and Alex continuing on with music wasn't addressed between the three of them in private? Neil may not have handled the ending of the band the way a lot of people liked but we shouldn't need his ok if Geddy and Alex want to do other musical projects.

• Like 3

Rush has never aired their personal business in public though. Who's to say that the matter of Geddy and Alex continuing on with music wasn't addressed between the three of them in private? Neil may not have handled the ending of the band the way a lot of people liked but we shouldn't need his ok if Geddy and Alex want to do other musical projects.

We aren't dealing with a rational person on this subject nor any other subject.
  • Like 2