Ringo Knighted

Amps211

Paul was the cute one. John was the pensive one with a social conscience. George was the quiet Beatle. Ringo was the eccentric one.
  • Like 2

Ringo is an underrated drummer.

He is.

Paul is also an underrated drummer. He has a terrific feel, has great ideas and has a good ear for percussion.

Interesting drummer, and like Sir Ringo of Starr, is a lefty who plays drums right-handed.

Paul’s best drum bits:

Dear Prudence (yes, that’s him. Check out the wild double drumming at the end (2:52 - 3:20). Who knew Dear Prudence had a drum solo?)

That Would Be Something (he just uses a tom-tom, crappy little cymbal, and the odd vocal sound, and comes up with something pretty cool and way out of left-field)

Band on the Run (entire album)

McCartney II (Bogey Music, Darkroom, All the Way. Darkroom in particular has some really interesting ideas - like slowly speeding up!)

Nothing Too Much and Out of Sight - Sir Paul rocks hard in a swampy 7/4.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Paul wrote that first drum part in Come Together (seems like a McCartney rhythmic idea at least).

And Ringo, of course, rocks and plays with heart and taste, and always serves the song in the most musically possible way.

Listing his cool drum bits would take too long, although I really love his playing on:

Rain

A Day In the Life

I am the Walrus

Strawberry Fjords

Hello Goodbye

Long Long Long

Come Together

Something

I Want You/She’s So Heavy

You Know My Name, Look Up the Number

And special mention to Flying. Great, great feel and a couple of cool little fills.

• Like 2

He is.

Paul is also an underrated drummer. He has a terrific feel, has great ideas and has a good ear for percussion.

Interesting drummer, and like Sir Ringo of Starr, is a lefty who plays drums right-handed.

Paul’s best drum bits:

Dear Prudence (yes, that’s him. Check out the wild double drumming at the end (2:52 - 3:20). Who knew Dear Prudence had a drum solo?)

That Would Be Something (he just uses a tom-tom, crappy little cymbal, and the odd vocal sound, and comes up with something pretty cool and way out of left-field)

McCartney II (Bogey Music, Darkroom, All the Way. Darkroom in particular has some really interesting ideas - like slowly speeding up!)

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Paul wrote that first drum part in Come Together (seems like a McCartney rhythmic idea at least).

And Ringo, of course, rocks and plays with heart and taste, and always serves the song in the most musically possible way.

Listing his cool drum bits would take too long, although I really love his playing on:

Rain

A Day In the Life

I am the Walrus

Strawberry Fjords

Hello Goodbye

Long Long Long

Come Together

Something

And special mention to Flying. Great, great feel and a couple of cool little fills.

The Word

• Like 1

He is.

Paul’s best drum bits:

Rain

A Day In the Life

I am the Walrus

Strawberry Fjords

Hello Goodbye

Long Long Long

Come Together

Something

Paul drummed on one of the songs on the last Foo Fighters record as well. Sounds great.

Ringo isn't the greatest drummer in the world, but he's way better than most people think.

• Like 2

He is.

Paul’s best drum bits:

Rain

A Day In the Life

I am the Walrus

Strawberry Fjords

Hello Goodbye

Long Long Long

Come Together

Something

The Word

...Tomorrow Never Knows, Drive My Car, I’ve Got a Feeling...the list goes on - it’s hard to stop!

• Like 1