I really want a headache

Red3angel

Beautifully composed album, only thing missin for me is that little bit grit or edge that Al would normally supply him. Clear to see who the song arranging dynamo is in Rush though. Headache a great piece of work. Would love another Ged, cmon man Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 8

It’s a better album then about six certain rush albums. If he and Alex get together they can definitely make a rush album

No they can not. Not without Neil. Neil isn't coming back. Rush is over.

This isn't debatable.

• Like 4

It’s a better album then about six certain rush albums. If he and Alex get together they can definitely make a rush album

Which Rush albums are those?

This isn't debatable.

Oh, Neil Shmeal, debatable shmatable...easily the most replaceable member of Rush. Any good drummer would do in his place. Geddy and Alex could totally do another album...not that they will, but they could.

• Like 5

This isn't debatable.

Oh, Neil Shmeal, debatable shmatable...easily the most replaceable member of Rush. Any good drummer would do in his place. Geddy and Alex could totally do another album...not that they will, but they could.

I hear you.

Rush existed before Neil. That point is undebatable. Neil joined Rush. Also, undebatable.

Still, I’m good with no more Rush albums from here on out.

• Like 2

It's a great album. He does play it safe, but that was the right choice.

Alex was far more adventurous, but Alex's album wasn't very good on the whole.

So I guess sometimes you have to stick to what you know.

Headache is just a very good album.

• Like 4

This isn't debatable.

No! This is certainly debatable. It is possible in an alternate mirror universe where people age 44% slower Rush is still touring. We just to find a way to crossover the space/time continuum.

Evil Alternate Universe Neil approves this message.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/rush/rush-11.jpg

• Like 4

This isn't debatable.

Rush is almost certainly over, but if Alex and Geddy decide to tour under that name with a different drummer, that's their decision. Not yours and not mine. I'd suggest Marco Minnemann.

• Like 1

This isn't debatable.

Rush is almost certainly over, but if Alex and Geddy decide to tour under that name with a different drummer, that's their decision. Not yours and not mine. I'd suggest Marco Minnemann.

He’s a good choice, a highly talented drummer at the very least.

This is a cool tune with Minnemann in the Aristocrats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNUY8IrJi8&sns=em

I’ve said before that I think Matt Cameron makes sense for Geddy & Alex as he’s an experienced hard rock drummer with studio recording experience with Geddy (MFH). Call it Rush or call it something else, it truly wouldn’t matter to me.

• Like 3

Just got done listening to Gettys headache album a few times. Unbelievable

What is unbelievable is that you were able to listen to it a few times

Edited by Lucas

Just got done listening to Gettys headache album a few times. Unbelievable

What is unbelievable is that you were able to listen to it a few times

I know you're not a fan of it. I think it's a pretty solid record, though.

• Like 3

This isn't debatable.

Sure it is. Neil may be the most overrated musician of the last 50 years. Jr. High writing skills and lifeless overplaying on the drums. He would not be missed.

Geddy and Alex, pay him his third, hire any replacement and move on. Lose that albatross!

I don't understand how Ged and Alex touring without Neil could possibly be called Rush. The fanbase would NOT have it, and Ged and Alex said themselves they couldn't do Rush without Neil. Am I opposed to them touring with another drummer, maybe playing some Rush tunes, and calling it something completely different? No, that's fine, as long as it's pretty low key. But Rush does not exist without all three of them there. Just because Rutsey was on the debut doesn't mean they can still hire a new drummer and call it Rush, not after forty some years of the same three guys. Not without a darn, DARN, good reason. Also, maybe to the hardcore fans, or maybe just around here, Neil might seem like the most easily replaceable member. But I have a feeling the majority opinion would say he's the LEAST replaceable member. The number of people who worship at the altar of his drumming and might not even know Alex Lifeson's name is probably higher than you imagine.
  • Like 3

This isn't debatable.

Sure it is. Neil may be the most overrated musician of the last 50 years. Jr. High writing skills and lifeless overplaying on the drums. He would not be missed.

Geddy and Alex, pay him his third, hire any replacement and move on. Lose that albatross!

He would most certainly be missed. There would be outrage. Few things seem more obvious to me than this.

• Like 1

YEAHHHH!!!!! NEAL PERT ROCKS MAN!!!!!

Screw him. I'd go in a heartbeat without him. So would you.

IN. A. HEARTBEAT.

Barely gave Neil a second glance at a show...all the action was up front.

Geddy and Alex are where it's at!