Moving police

Red3angel

I know if there was a vote moving pictures is going to beat signals by a wide margin. Does anyone agree that signals is an overall better album where musically they seem to be firing on all cylinders?
  • Like 1

Signals is great but I don't think it's superior to Moving Pictures musically. MP has the perfect mix of guitar and synth. Signals not as much. I enjoy the synth era but the band is definitely better when Alex's abilities are more on display.
  • Like 5

So then why does everyone think moving pictures is their best album? All the albums before it are way more guitar driven. I personally think permanent Waves is better than pictures.

So then why does everyone think moving pictures is their best album? All the albums before it are way more guitar driven. I personally think permanent Waves is better than pictures.

Everyone doesnt think that MP is their best album, it is just their most popular.

On this site I can say that just as many people like Hemispheres as much as MP if not more.

• Like 3

Everyone doesnt think that MP is their best album, it is just their most popular.

On this site I can say that just as many people like Hemispheres as much as MP if not more.

AND MP has lost in favorite Rush album polls on TRF more than once. The last time I remember MP lost to PeW.

• Like 2

AND MP has lost in favorite Rush album polls on TRF more than once. The last time I remember MP lost to PeW.

According to many Rush album polls I saw that Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Hemispheres, in that order, are 3 most beloved Rush albums on this forum. AFTK is a close fourth.

According to many Rush album polls I saw that Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Hemispheres, in that order, are 3 most beloved Rush albums on this forum. AFTK is a close fourth.

Yup, that’s generally what the results have been over the years.

• Like 1

Permanent Waves is their best.

• Like 2

Very very possibly right. In any case, it’s a great 1960’s album, written and recorded in the unforgettable year of 1929.

• Like 4

Very very possibly right. In any case, it’s a great 1960’s album, written and recorded in the unforgettable year of 1929.

:LOL:

No . . . you're just being silly. It's a 70s album.

Signals is the third best album of the 80s, coming in behind 1980's PeW and 1981's MP (not necessarily but quite possibly in that order).

I'd put GUP before signals but that may just be me.

• Like 1

Signals is the third best album of the 80s, coming in behind 1980's PeW and 1981's MP (not necessarily but quite possibly in that order).

I'd put GUP before signals but that may just be me.

I would, too.

Silly is the never ending bs argument of whether it’s a 70s or 80s album.

It’s an album written and recorded in the year 1647 which makes it a 50s album. Period!

• Like 1

It’s an album written and recorded in the year 1647 which makes it a 50s album. Period!

BS argument??? GOOD DAY SIR!

Yes sir! It IS a good day AND a BS argument!

We’ve got ‘em both!

I love the roarin’ 20s!

• Like 1

We’ve got ‘em both!

I love the roarin’ 20s!

I SAID GOOD DAY!

• Like 2

We’ve got ‘em both!

I love the roarin’ 20s!

I SAID GOOD DAY!

I agree!

I feel like I’m 4 years old back in ‘76, the year Moving Pictures was written and recorded! What a superb 90s album it is!

A very good day!

We’ve got ‘em both!

I love the roarin’ 20s!

I SAID GOOD DAY!

I agree!

I feel like I’m 4 years old back in ‘76, the year Moving Pictures was written and recorded! What a superb 90s album it is!

A very good day!

So 4 years before the year that every sane person recognizes is the year Permanent Waves was released and is thus "from?"