Happy Birthday, greyfriar !!

blueschica

Happy Birthday mate!

Hope you have a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ydZ94gUB4

Tooooony Bourge!!! The Welsh riffmaster!!! What a fickin' great album this is! Thanks mate! :cheers:

Just listening to it. :)

Happy birthday man!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oTh5nD_aY

Mick

Thanks Mick! :cheers:

Great track. Saga will always be a special band for me. Their German shows were almost all legendary. Damn, I love these guys.

I caught on with Saga with the "Worlds Apart" album and the "On The Loose" and "Wind Him Up" songs as well as "Conversations" and "The Interview" EXCELLENT ALBUM!

oWUXe5w.gif

• Like 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the class of this forum, and man who is tops here

Grey Friar, have a great day !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IppNvtzx4I8

Fantastic openening track for a fantastic album to follow. Love your choice Lucas. Last year I missed a PW club show. They played just a few miles away from me and I had no idea. I found out online about the gig, the moment it already happened. :fuckinputer: Anyway, thanks man. :cheers:

Happy Birthday greyfriar! I hope it has been an outstanding day for you!

Thanks a lot Tinwoodsman! From Germany out to the Bayou. :cheers:

• Like 1

Happy birthday man!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oTh5nD_aY

Mick

Thanks Mick! :cheers:

Great track. Saga will always be a special band for me. Their German shows were almost all legendary. Damn, I love these guys.

I caught on with Saga with the "Worlds Apart" album and the "On The Loose" and "Wind Him Up" songs as well as "Conversations" and "The Interview" EXCELLENT ALBUM!

oWUXe5w.gif

Absolutely!!! I think it's their Moving Pictures. They were well-known here since the early 80's and I always appreciated it when I saw their touring ads for Germany. Over the decades they played pretty much of club shows, town halls and theatres, all over the country. Great memories! :sigh: What a brilliant run they've had. Fantastic band.

Thanks a lot ducky. Never herad of Red Dawn before, but this song shines bright. I will surely check the album out. :AlienSmiley:

Never Say Surrender :dweez:

• Like 1

Thanks a lot ducky. Never herad of Red Dawn before, but this song shines bright. I will surely check the album out. :AlienSmiley:

I hadn't heard of them until last year when I was looking for something else. And I was like wow this is good and it came out in 1993?? I don't remember that!

• Like 1

I hadn't heard of them until last year when I was looking for something else. And I was like wow this is good and it came out in 1993?? I don't remember that!

As I said, I've never heard of them too, but I'm listening, on you tube right now and damn, it's a great album.

• Like 1

As I said, I've never heard of them too, but I'm listening, on you tube right now and damn, it's a great album.

Aye that's what I did, and I thought I've got to buy this album. So I checked on amazon and got a copy from moviemars. And all was well! :hail:

• Like 1

Also saw Saga when they opened for soneone I can't remember. I CAN remember the singer did an electric drum bit durring "Wind Him Up", a large briefcase sized thingy.

BPkCDoz.gif

• Like 1

Do you know of the group April Wine? They were a group kinda in that same 'group' for me, as early as their album "On Record" which came out in 1972 when they did a cover of Hot Chocolate's "You Could Have Been A Lady" but they picked up in the late '70s again and in the '80s, [1981, again, about the same time as the Saga album mentioned before], "Nature of the Beast" came out by them. My favorite song by them was on this album, and it was named "Future Tense" it was one of the singles from this album. Check out this song, I liked the double bass drum part in this....plus my BFF's band played this when they started up...

dDMuZuv.gif

• Like 1

Also saw Saga when they opened for soneone I can't remember. I CAN remember the singer did an electric drum bit durring "Wind Him Up", a large briefcase sized thingy.

BPkCDoz.gif

You saw them in the early eighties? Freakin' awesome man! Love the Briefcase drum solo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifomOF88xF0

• Like 1

Do you know of the group April Wine? They were a group kinda in that same 'group' for me, as early as their album "On Record" which came out in 1972 when they did a cover of Hot Chocolate's "You Could Have Been A Lady" but they picked up in the late '70s again and in the '80s, [1981, again, about the same time as the Saga album mentioned before], "Nature of the Beast" came out by them. My favorite song by them was on this album, and it was named "Future Tense" it was one of the singles from this album. Check out this song, I liked the double bass drum part in this....plus my BFF's band played this when they started up...

dDMuZuv.gif

I haven't heard of them until Harder Faster was out. At the time it was hard to get another record from them, so we played the shit out of the album. :sundog:

• Like 1

BPkCDoz.gif

You saw them in the early eighties? Freakin' awesome man! Love the Briefcase drum solo...

I loved it too! first time i'd seen something like that!

f2B1C3O.gif

• Like 1

BPkCDoz.gif

f2B1C3O.gif

Hey Orfie, can you remember where and when it was? Was it a club gig?

• Like 1

BPkCDoz.gif

f2B1C3O.gif

No, It was in Detroit, so it was an indoor Arena type show. My Friends and I were sitting to the right of the stage and just a little higher.

Ac7rDII.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

BPkCDoz.gif

f2B1C3O.gif

No, It was in Detroit, so it was an indoor Arena type show. My Friends and I were sitting to the right of the stage and just a little higher.

Ac7rDII.gif

Awesome man. :cheers: They were always a solid live band.

You should check out their huge back catalog (if you haven't done it already). Great run of fantastic albums.

• Like 1

I thought I'd make you dinner my friend

Haha, thanks man, I appreciate it. :clap: :cheers:

Klassik tschermn rollladen. Uwe's accent is hard to top. :)

• Like 1