Confess an odd rush moment

Red3angel

So I get out of work I’m in the garage smoking my corn cob pipe and I’m listening to I think I’m going bald drinking Sapporo beer and realizing it’s a great song. What’s you’re weird rush moment ?
  • Like 1

So I get out of work I’m in the garage smoking my corn cob pipe and I’m listening to I think I’m going bald drinking Sapporo beer and realizing it’s a great song. What’s you’re weird rush moment ?

:LOL: Cool! I'm jealous that it's warm enough to be drinking beer in your garage.

• Like 1

I dunno, I listen to them a lot. Probably when I play Fly By Night on the way to the cardiologist's office because (I'm convinced) it lowers my blood pressure.

Or when I do laundry! :LOL: I have 3 Rush posters and a Rush photograph in the laundry room to make it more enjoyable to spend time there. :heart:

• Like 2

Don't know if this could be construed as odd, rather just amusing (at least to me)...Roll the Bones tour,leaned forward to tell a guy standing in the row ahead of me (who I'd been talking to before the concert started) which song was next. This was before internet and easy to look up set-lists. Just so happened to be TSoR...when I proved correct he looked at me like I practiced witch-craft. :ph34r: :LOL: Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 4

R40 tour....i got row 21 seat 12.

I looked under the seat hoping there would be a backstage pass for this 'magic' seat number. *sigh* nothing.

oh and my childhood home address was 2112 First St. I'll post a pic someday...my sister stills lives there.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 7

R40 tour....i got row 21 seat 12.

I looked under the seat hoping there would be a backstage pass for this 'magic' seat number. *sigh* nothing.

Satisfaction of a job well-done.

And the envy of everyone around you who would give it a second though had it occurred to them. ;)

• Like 1

Don't know if this could be construed as odd, rather just amusing (at least to me)...Roll the Bones tour,leaned forward to tell a guy standing in the row ahead of me (who I'd been talking to before the concert started) which song was next. This was before internet and easy to look up set-lists. Just so happened to be TSoR...when I proved correct he looked at me like I practiced witch-craft. :ph34r: :LOL:

This reminds me of something that happened when I saw them on the VT tour.

I was close to the stage. Probably within the first 15 rows. After they did Vital Signs this dope sitting in front of me turns around and asks me "What song was that?" I would have loved to have seen the "what the f?" look that came over my face when he asked this. I paused for a few seconds contemplating the stupidity of this man and told him the name of it. He nodded his head and turned back around.

I understand that the band has a big discography and it's not always possible to know every song. But come on, that song is on Moving Pictures the band's most popular album. You've got to at least know everything off that if you're seeing Rush.

• Like 2

At the concert I attended on the Vapor Trails tour, when the opening notes started, I felt a small bit of moisture in 1 of my eyes. It must have been raining because a man ain't supposed to cry. At any rate, it was a very, very brief sprinkle.
  • Like 5

I was playing Cinderella Man on CD in my car and when it was over switched to local FM radio and the same song was playing. Must have been a request because that song is never played along with the usual TS/TSOR/CTTH/Limelight etc etc

1 in a million timing lol

• Like 1

Also a friend used to make me Rush mix tapes back in the early 90s to get me into the band (mission accomplished) and the guitar solo of Lock and Key had a brief glitch drop out for a couple seconds. Even today many many years later when I listen to my CD of the song I'm still half expecting to hear that drop out because I was so conditioned early on with my tape lol
  • Like 2