Does Rush have many Station Wagon fans?

ozzy85

Is that what they park in their Subdivisions?

Do they all have Power Windows?

Signed

The Country Squire

• Like 3

The Hemispheres of cars

http://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/uploads/2017-08-02-1970-Vista-Cruiser-1-3224-640.jpg

Aww, the Olds Vista Cruiser with the moon roof! We had a green one in the early 70's. :heart: My dad put 200,000 miles on it and went out and traded that one in for another one just the same! :LOL:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

The Hemispheres of cars

http://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/uploads/2017-08-02-1970-Vista-Cruiser-1-3224-640.jpg

A nice one the Working Man could afford...

• Like 2

My oldest friend's dad used to drive a station wagon before they switched to a minivan. Coincidentally, he bears a remarkable resemblance to Geddy Lee.

Yeah that's the best I've got, lol.

• Like 1

Where I spent a great deal of my childhood: The way-back of a 1971 Volvo station wagon. No radio. No air. And no sisters to torment me. :ebert:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

My dad bought one of these for my mom- the Ford Country Squire! It didn't look good for long, though. He and a friend were always working on a polyurethane type of clear coat that would revolutionize car care. The batch tested on the Ford didn't bond correctly and started peeling off in chunks. It looked horrible and we hated to ride in it! :LOL:

xhHd9uzm.jpg

• Like 4

Station wagons are great for lugging my amps,guitars,etc.Also for sleeping in if you had a few at the gig.Didn't Rush start off lugging their gear in a wagon(like every other band)
  • Like 3

I think Rush were fans of Chrysler minivans:

The caravan thunders onward

To the distant dream of the city

The caravan carries me onward

On my way at last

• Like 3

let's see station wagon history:

my family had a fondness for dodges back in the 70s...i have no idea why. So my dad and my brother bought 76 aspen wagons at the same type. POSes were rusting after 2 years.

I had a yellow 71 opal wagon like this. That was a POS that was always breaking down in the middle of nowhere. It broke down for the last time and I just left it on the side of the road...until the state police called me and told me to get the POS towed. I think it had a 1.1 liter engine. Golf carts could pass me.

Kadett-l-fq-800.jpg

Ironically, we're looking for a wagon now and they're hard to find. Not liking minivans or SUVs other than Toyotas and they're damn expensive. VWs make recent wagons...but ugh don't like the reliability or fruity turbo/diesel engines.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

On my way at last

Indeed.

In earlier years they had a Chevy wagon. Alex sideswiped a bus with it. The sound of metal on metal inspired the title Caress Of Steel. Unable to repair all the damage, they sold it a couple of years later. A Farewell To Kings(wood).

• Like 3

Station wagons are great for lugging my amps,guitars,etc.Also for sleeping in if you had a few at the gig.Didn't Rush start off lugging their gear in a wagon(like every other band)

Long May You Run

• Like 1

On my way at last

:LOL:

I road tripped to several RUSH shows in a forest green Town and Country.

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Long May You Run

Excellent!
  • Like 1

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/plymouth_volare_road_runner_sport_wagon_1979.jpg

AHHHHH! mid 70s chrysler flashbacks! Although my dads was a white Aspen with wood paneling and not cool wheels.

http://www.jeff-young-design.com/WorldWideWagons/Images/1978-dodge-aspen-special-edition.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/plymouth_volare_road_runner_sport_wagon_1979.jpg

AHHHHH! mid 70s chrysler flashbacks! Although my dads was a white Aspen with wood paneling and not cool wheels.

http://www.jeff-young-design.com/WorldWideWagons/Images/1978-dodge-aspen-special-edition.jpg

Yes, 88% of Mopar F-body wagons were equipped that way.

my family had a fondness for dodges back in the 70s...i have no idea why. So my dad and my brother bought 76 aspen wagons at the same type. POSes were rusting after 2 years.

I had a yellow 71 opal wagon like this. That was a POS that was always breaking down in the middle of nowhere. It broke down for the last time and I just left it on the side of the road...until the state police called me and told me to get the POS towed. I think it had a 1.1 liter engine. Golf carts could pass me.

Kadett-l-fq-800.jpg

Ironically, we're looking for a wagon now and they're hard to find. Not liking minivans or SUVs other than Toyotas and they're damn expensive. VWs make recent wagons...but ugh don't like the reliability or fruity turbo/diesel engines.

Yeah, I think they are hard to find! At our family reunion last year my niece said that she didn't know what a station wagon was. :( We kept trying to find one on the road so she could see it, but couldn't find one. Closest we came was a Honda CR-V.

• Like 1

Kadett-l-fq-800.jpg

Yeah, I think they are hard to find! At our family reunion last year my niece said that she didn't know what a station wagon was. :( We kept trying to find one on the road so she could see it, but couldn't find one. Closest we came was a Honda CR-V.

new term is 'sport wagon'. But Subaru Outbacks and Foresters ain't fooling us baby boomers...those are station wagons. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2