Do Rush have many Speedwagon fans?

JARG

I picked up High Infidelity the same day I got Moving Pictures both got a lot of "airplay" at my house.

HI InFIdelity is a phenomenal album. I love REO.

They say you've got a boyfriend

You're up there every weekend

They're talking all about you and it's bringin me down

No. Just....no

I picked up High Infidelity the same day I got Moving Pictures both got a lot of "airplay" at my house.

HI InFIdelity is a phenomenal album. I love REO.

They say you've got a boyfriend

You're up there every weekend

They're talking all about you and it's bringin me down

No. Just....no

But I know the neighborhood.

And talk is cheap but when the story is good.

Then the tales grow taller all down the line.

• Like 3

Those two albums rules the airwaves that year...at least in Western WA.
  • Like 1

Don't forget Paradise Theater.

• Like 2

Do.

Paradise Theater was much better than Hi Infidelity

Not that MP wasn't orders of magnitude better than either.

Do.

...let it end. Please.

And in Eastern MA.

And also New York City where the pizza is good.

And in Eastern MA.

And also New York City where the pizza is good.

:facepalm:

cheese and crackers lol

Here's the thing for me with REO. I first heard them at about the same time as Rush - MP and Hi Infidelity. It was at the same time I met my first girlfriend. She, along with pretty much all the girls (and many of the boys, frankly) LOVED Hi Infidelity - those songs were on the radio constantly - and were always played when we hung out. Not surprisingly, even during MP's release, I had a few other friends into Rush - the girlfriend not so much - but we both loved REO. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've intentionally listened to REO since my high school days. They are a band that without really knowing it was intentional, I wanted to keep as uniquely associated with my teenage years. I listened to Hi Infidelity last night because of this thread, so thanks for the memories. Ah, Youth. :)
  • Like 1

Do.

Styx is one of those bands I associate with K-Tel compilations, which is not a compliment. I like the song Renegade (ironically enough, featured on K-Tel's "The Rock Album") and that's about it.

You're not supposed to say you like MP. Poser. Teatard.

Do.

Styx is one of those bands I associate with K-Tel compilations, which is not a compliment. I like the song Renegade (ironically enough, featured on K-Tel's "The Rock Album") and that's about it.

I had the Rock Album. I remember it also had...

Dont Fear The Reaper (BOC)

Too Rolling Stoned (TROWER)

Somethings On The Move (Tull)

Isnt It Time (Babys)

Dont Bring Me Down (ELO)

A beauty compilation.

Do.

You're not supposed to say you like MP. Poser. Teatard.

I like Styx a little more than REO but it's close. By Hi Infidelity REO had sunk to HYF levels with their music, and, oh, I don't know, Leif Garrett levels with their lyrics. Paradise Theater was better than palatable, Hi Infidelity was not, and I wasted actual money on it when I didn't have all that much.

In terms of your other comment, what opprobrium am I opening myself up to when I say that every song on MP is better than any song on Hi Infidelity or Paradise Theater, and it's not particularly close?

REO was a actually my first big rockconcert. I had the same nosebleeds I for my first Rush show.

Larry Smith Fan Club, baby.

REO Speedwagon with special guest Thin Lizzy, Alpine Valley, 1978... My first big rock show without an adult along for the evening. I wore out the grooves of You Get What You Play For and was over the moon to see these tunes performed live. Thin Lizzy blew me away but REO Speedwagon took my breath away. It was one of those formative events that has made music such an important part of my life... Gary Richrath made me want to learn how to play guitar... I tried but never really acquired the skill....

Rock ON!

• Like 1