"The Pass" video

thizzellewashington

The video that Rush released for "The Pass" single isn't on YouTube for some reason. Most of their other official videos are. Anyone know where I can find it online?

Until recently, their official videos were on their Rush.com website also but I looked tonight and they're not there anymore. :(

• Like 1

The video that Rush released for "The Pass" single isn't on YouTube for some reason. Most of their other official videos are. Anyone know where I can find it online?

Until recently, their official videos were on their Rush.com website also but I looked tonight and they're not there anymore. :(

Applause for proper use of their, they're and there in one sentence! :dweez: :notworthy: :haz:

• Like 6

The video is below, which has been posted on the RushVEVO YouTube Channel (not the Rush Official TV YouTube Channel) since June 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyXOOZHcvE

Vevo-branded channels are frequently bigger than artists’ “official” ones.

The Vevo one doesn't have any videos posted after the 'Snakes & Arrows' album (the Outtake/Audio/Live and Lyric Video ones from the first '2112' Deluxe Edition don't count).

Whereas the Official TV one has videos from the 'Clockwork Angels' era, the 'R40 – 40th Anniversary' collectors box set and 'R40 Live' concert film, and teasers from the 'Time Stand Still' documentary.

Edited by RushFanForever

Applause for proper use of their, they're and there in one sentence! :dweez: :notworthy: :haz:

Thanks; I try to get them correct!

I forgot to mention that the Rush.com website is linked to the Rush Official TV YouTube Channel and not the RushVEVO YouTube Channel.

I think the webmaster probably uploads band videos (on the Official TV one) as part of their job description with operating the band's social media pages.

In my opinion, the webmaster should include both YouTube channel links so it's not confusing for everyone.

Edited by RushFanForever

I remember seeing this video when it came out. Presto was my 1st Rush album at the tender age of 13, and I decided to give the band a try after seeing the video for "Show Don't Tell" a few times on MTV, so I was already familiar with the song when I saw the video At that age, to me, "bad words" would be words that would be included in Carlin's bit about the words you can't say on TV, so it really confused me that at least on the MTV version (haven't ever check it out online), the powers that be would edit out "Christ" from "Christ was have you done," but they very clearly muted it. Thinking back, I guess they figured it was similar to "goddamn" a la "taking the Lord's name in vain," people might be offended, etc. But whenever i hear the song and it gets to that part, it's always when comes to mind.

The initial run of RTB CDs/cassettes in 1991 had one of those "Advisory! Explicit Content!" stickers on them via Tipper Gore's commission at the time. Had to be an error because the only thing offensive about RTB was Rupert Hine's production job
  • Like 2

The initial run of RTB CDs/cassettes in 1991 had one of those "Advisory! Explicit Content!" stickers on them via Tipper Gore's commission at the time. Had to be an error because the only thing offensive about RTB was Rupert Hine's production job

Well, they do say "crap" in Heresy. :eyeroll:

Edited by thizzellewashington
  • Like 1

:LOL:

Well, they do say "crap" in Heresy. :eyeroll:

And an elephant's ass in the booklet. And I don't mean the drummer.

Edited by Wil1972