Iron Maiden: The Other Singers (Blaze vs. Paul)

fraroc

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the "other singers" do you like more?

• Paul DiAnno
    • Blaze Bayley
    • Neither
    • Both
    • Who the f**k is an Iron Maiden anyway? (Yes, someone actually asked me this)

Unlike most Maiden fans, I really don't hate Maiden with Blaze, I think he was a decent singer and while X Factor and Virtual Eleven were considerably weaker than the albums that came before, (well maybe except for No Prayer For The Dying) there were still some decent tracks on those albums like Sign Of The Cross and Man On The Edge. In addition, the Blaze era also contained one of the most overlooked, underrated, and one my all time favorite Maiden tracks from the post-Adrian Smith era, Virus.

Now let's face it, Bruce is by far a superior singer and showman, but Blaze did a decent job, I only wish Steve Harris would have agreed to tune down a half step so that he wouldn't have the problems he had on tour with his voice blowing out every few gigs.

Paul DiAnno, I also think is a decent singer and I absolutely love his work on those first two Maiden records. Murders In The Rue Morgue and Iron Maiden being two of my absolute favorites. I love how gritty and badass his voice sounds, which definitely gave early Maiden an edge.

But If I had to choose between the two, I really don't know which one I overly like better, both Blaze and Paul had their strengths and their weaknesses and both eras had songs I really like and don't overly like.

• Like 1

Blaze was awful, just listen to Fortunes of War. Man, those albums suck. Paul all day.

PAUL ALL DAY!!!!

PAUL > BRUCE

"KILLERS" IS THE GREATEST MAIDEN ALBUM OF ALL TIME!

All killer, no filler. Just an amazing album.

Clive!!!!

• Like 1

Most of The X Factor does have good songs. Even Virtual 11 has some solid tracks. Blaze just gave the songs no life at all with the way he sings. Following one of the most lively and enthusiastic singers of all time in Dickinson is a huge task for anyone. Blaze's voice just wasn't the right fit.

Most of The X Factor does have good songs. Even Virtual 11 has some solid tracks. Blaze just gave the songs no life at all with the way he sings. Following one of the most lively and enthusiastic singers of all time in Dickinson is a huge task for anyone. Blaze's voice just wasn't the right fit.

HAHAHA!

I have the Japanese pressings of both these polished turds of white powder shite. Both are still sealed. GARBAGE!

Paul sounds great on the first two Maiden albums, I have never had any issue with his vocals.

Blaze just couldn't do it, and it always seemed like the songs were written for Bruce's ability.

I will say that I love 'The Clansman'. Blaze sounds fine on that. But his voice just feels wrong most of the time.

In fairness, he had a difficult task, and I will never know for sure whether my expectations made it more difficult for Blaze than is fair.

HAHAHA!

I have the Japanese pressings of both these polished turds of white powder shite. Both are still sealed. GARBAGE!

Why’d you get them then you crazy bastard?! :LOL:

You’re like my old high school workmates in the late 80s who’d buy multiple copies of the same comic book just because the covers were different. Then the fools would keep all of them sealed in the plastic bags, never reading them! Their reasoning: “They’re gonna be valuable in the future!” Yeah, they’re worth a nickel each now! :LOL:

• Like 1

Paul Dianno easily, but he sang on much better albums. Blaze didn't stand a chance with Maiden; he was following Bruck F*cking Dickinson and many of the songs didn't suit his style or range for that matter. I kinda like X-Factor, and he absolutely nails it on Lord Of The Flies. Thank God Bruce is back, but best of luck to Blaze--even if he looks like some Victorian Era villain now (or Bernard Shaw from the X-Men's rival Hellfire Club). Edited by GeddyLeeRoth