A "THUNDERBOLT" Unleashed With A TreeDuck Explosion Of Pure "FIREPOWER!" JUDAS PRIEST VS SAXON!

RUSHHEAD666

Heavy Metal Fuckking Thunder Meets The Sad Wings Of Destiny! GET IN THE RING MIUTHAUFFUKKAS!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2018 Heavy Fuckking Metal Release is Better????????

• JUDAS PRIEST! "FIREPOWER"
    • SAXON! "THUNDERBOLT"

Holy Mother of Perpetual Metal... I'll interview Biff Byford next Monday! Any questions for him?

WOW Rod, that's great. I'm looking forward to this one. Congrats.

To break the ice, ask him about his fave album of all time, he's a big Rush fan. ;)

Will do! They toured with Rush at some point, right?

Yep, you're right about that. I read in various interviews that his fave album of all time is indeed a Rush album. So please ask him about that, I would love to hear that statement from the man himself.

I spoke with Biff today, and it was a tough one...he wasn't very talkative. I did ask him about touring with Rush, and got a good response, but for other questions I was surprised at how laconic he was. "Do you have a pre-concert routine?" - "No"/"What was it like to work with Elton John?" - "It was ok". Come on, man, give me some meat on this interview!!!! We had half an hour, and by the 20th minute I ran out of questions, because he would respond to most of them with barely one phrase.
  • Like 4

I spoke with Biff today, and it was a tough one...he wasn't very talkative. I did ask him about touring with Rush, and got a good response, but for other questions I was surprised at how laconic he was. "Do you have a pre-concert routine?" - "No"/"What was it like to work with Elton John?" - "It was ok". Come on, man, give me some meat on this interview!!!! We had half an hour, and by the 20th minute I ran out of questions, because he would respond to most of them with barely one phrase.

Did you ask him about the documentary? Maybe that pissed him off if you did?

I didn't, but looking back, maybe I should have. I had 25 questions, more than the usual for any interview I ever did, and it lasted disappointing 21 minutes, because he replied to many of them with brief statements.
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that Rod. Maybe you should have asked him more about the glory days.

Power & The Glory, baby!!! :haz:

Don;t sweat it Rod .. It can't stand when musicians don;t respect the interviewer and when they take for granted the fact that it is a privilege to be asked questions - I mean, it's for the FANS ( the people who put food on their table ) -- the fans want to know more about you ( the musician ) and want to continue to be supportive ... To disgrace the interviewer and the fans like that is total bullshit ..

For what it's worth, I saw Saxon open for Rush in 1980 and they were utterly forgettable and lame -- even for a 13 year old who was just getting into Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest, and who had loved AC/DC already for years .. I remember wondering if Saxon;s singer was joking or what - he sucked ..

He should be so f***ing thankful people would even give a rat's ass about what he has to say these days .... a lot of people say "oh they should have been bigger" or "they are so underrated" ... bullshit ... they are what they are - a genertic band that had nothing special to offer

f**k Biff

• Like 2

Don;t sweat it Rod .. It can't stand when musicians don;t respect the interviewer and when they take for granted the fact that it is a privilege to be asked questions - I mean, it's for the FANS ( the people who put food on their table ) -- the fans want to know more about you ( the musician ) and want to continue to be supportive ... To disgrace the interviewer and the fans like that is total bullshit ..

For what it's worth, I saw Saxon open for Rush in 1980 and they were utterly forgettable and lame -- even for a 13 year old who was just getting into Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest, and who had loved AC/DC already for years .. I remember wondering if Saxon;s singer was joking or what - he sucked ..

He should be so f***ing thankful people would even give a rat's ass about what he has to say these days .... a lot of people say "oh they should have been bigger" or "they are so underrated" ... bullshit ... they are what they are - a genertic band that had nothing special to offer

f**k Biff

Agreed.

I called Saxon a dollar store version of Priest in this thread I think it was. Generic as they come. Biff has a solid voice but everything they do is done better by someone else in metal.

• Like 3

f**k Biff

Agreed.

I called Saxon a dollar store version of Priest in this thread I think it was. Generic as they come. Biff has a solid voice but everything they do is done better by someone else in metal.

They have a nice sound. But I do think Priest are, even for a casual listener, a far superior listening experience.

• Like 3

We'll have to do some editing to make sure that interview is at least mildly interesting and informative. I do like some of the vintage Saxon albums, and from the later period, Dogs of War and Thunderbolt aren't bad. But I agree, they're a Priest copycat without the original's pedigree.
  • Like 3

Rod: Hey Biff, do you have any pre-concert routines ?

Biff: no

Rod: ok,well, how about Elton John - how was it working with him ?

Biff: it was ok

awkward silence

Rod: ok, Biff, what about those pants ?? .. do you still have them ?

silence

Rod: you know, those silver pants you wore on German TV in 1981 ?? .. Can you tell us a little bit about them ??

silence

dial tone

• Like 2

Rod: Hey Biff, do you have any pre-concert routines ?

Biff: no

Rod: ok,well, how about Elton John - how was it working with him ?

Biff: it was ok

awkward silence

Rod: ok, Biff, what about those pants ?? .. do you still have them ?

silence

Rod: you know, those silver pants you wore on German TV in 1981 ?? .. Can you tell us a little bit about them ??

silence

dial tone

LOOOOL!!!

• Like 1