Billy Cobham "Crosswinds" Tour!! Seeing Him Next Week! Meet And Greet! "Birds Of Fire" Vinyl Will Be Signed! LEGEND!

RUSHHEAD666

By a miracle I found out last night that Billy Cobham will be at Yoshi's in Oakland next week! I was able to get a premium seat and a meet and greet with Bill for only 70 USD!!! I can't wait! I was able to find a "Birds Of Fire" vinyl record today for 4 dollars. I am also going to have him sign my digi-pak cd version of "Spectrum!"

I missed the "Spectrum" Tour which really pissed me off, but luckily I was able to find out that Billy is doing the "Crosswinds" album in it's entirety this year!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I've met most of my drumming mentors and legends but not Billy yet!!! I am so pumped!!!! I am going to ask him if he would ever tour again with John McLaughlin! Could you imagine if they were to tour again? "Mounting Flame" or "Birds" played all the way through! I would shit!

BILLY COBHAM RULES!!!!

His snare work matches Buddy Rich. Some say Billy Cobham is the greatest drummer of all time!

Billy makes Neil Peart look like Bun E. Carlos! LOL!

• Like 4

That's amazing mate have fun!!

Idek who he is but he seems pretty cool!!

Thank you my friend!!!! Please! Go listen to Billy Cobham's "Spectrum" album!! PLEEEEASE!!!

I know you are a cool hip 80's new wave woman! This jazz record will melt your soul!!!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thank you my friend!!!! Please! Go listen to Billy Cobham's "Spectrum" album!! PLEEEEASE!!!

I know you are a cool hip 80's new wave woman! This jazz record will melt your soul!!!!

Cheers!

I will when I have time, thank you for the suggestion mate!! :cheers:

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

Cheers!

I will when I have time, thank you for the suggestion mate!! :cheers:

Awesome!

I know you will dig it! :)

• Like 1

Another one for the budget axe.

As a consolation prize I'm going to pull out and enjoy his Colin Towns Big Band album as soon as my The Fixx Calm Animals CD plays finishes up in about 15 minutes..

• Like 1

Earl, I got THE Japanese pressing of Inner Mounting Flame two weeks ago, and in listening again after all these years, I was struck by how Mahavishnu was driven by Billy - he made that band what they were ..

He's right there with Lenny White for me

• Like 2

Earl, I got THE Japanese pressing of Inner Mounting Flame two weeks ago, and in listening again after all these years, I was struck by how Mahavishnu was driven by Billy - he made that band what they were ..

He's right there with Lenny White for me

That's a beautiful pressing. I have several and the rare MFSL version! Brilliant record.

• Like 1

By a miracle I found out last night that Billy Cobham will be at Yoshi's in Oakland next week! I was able to get a premium seat and a meet and greet with Bill for only 70 USD!!! I can't wait! I was able to find a "Birds Of Fire" vinyl record today for 4 dollars. I am also going to have him sign my digi-pak cd version of "Spectrum!"

I missed the "Spectrum" Tour which really pissed me off, but luckily I was able to find out that Billy is doing the "Crosswinds" album in it's entirety this year!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I've met most of my drumming mentors and legends but not Billy yet!!! I am so pumped!!!! I am going to ask him if he would ever tour again with John McLaughlin! Could you imagine if they were to tour again? "Mounting Flame" or "Birds" played all the way through! I would shit!

BILLY COBHAM RULES!!!!

His snare work matches Buddy Rich. Some say Billy Cobham is the greatest drummer of all time!

Billy makes Neil Peart look like Bun E. Carlos! LOL!

I went to a drum clinic of Cobham’s held in a church of all places.

He used the acoustics to great effect, doing some really nice brushwork and then getting into the pyrotechnics.

Seemed like a very mellow and humble guy. Stuck around signing things until everyone was gone. Classy!

Bun E is no slouch either. Bill E., Bun E, and Neil P all into different things, but all were effective and musical in their own way.

Shitty tune, fun drums:

• Like 1

By a miracle I found out last night that Billy Cobham will be at Yoshi's in Oakland next week!

Sadly John McLaughlin also embarked on a recent farewell tour according to here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

By a miracle I found out last night that Billy Cobham will be at Yoshi's in Oakland next week!

Sadly John McLaughlin also embarked on a recent farewell tour according to here.

Oh crap! NOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for the info RFF!

I just went to John's website. Just old dates for last winter.

Is he really going to do a final tour this year??? I MUST GO!

Holy Fukking Shit. My life is now complete. I've met them all! Well most drumming legends!

BILLY COBHAM RULES!!!

OMG!

Billy was so nice!!!!

I got a ton of pictures with him! He signed two lps and a Spectrum cd!

He was so cool and down to earth!

So...

My first question...

So Billy, how close were to you the late great Tommy Bolin? Were you strictly business or were you both good friends?

Billy: "Tommy was a very close friend of mine. It still makes me sad today that he passed at such a very young age.

Question two.

Billy! What do you think about Neil Peart?? I love him Billy. I've seen Rush 60 times I love the guy but many established drummers don't think that Neil can swing?

Billy: Haha! Well I for one really dig Neil. Wow you saw Rush 60 times??? As far as Neil not being able to swing I am just not going there. He's a wonderful drummer!

Question 3: So Billy are you and John McLaughlin going to get back together to do one more tour? Possibly "Birds Of Fire" all the way through?

Billy: Chuckliing, oh man, that is not going to happen! John's hands are toast, they don't work anymore. However he keeps saying he is going to retire. Well that is until the money runs out, then John will be back out on tour!

He was a gentleman and a scholar.

But you know me. I always go too far.

After he signed my stuff I said to him....

Billy I love the Warning! album oh and Powerplay too.

He looked up at me and waved and said thanks...............

I was at a front row table right in front of Billy's beautiful blue kit. I had tears in my eyes.

It was amazing.

They did "Stratus" so my night was made.

!!!!!!!!SEY KCUF

I'm feeling crafty tonight!

I met Billy Cobham!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Looks like the tour was last year http://www.johnmclaughlin.com/2017/02/john-mclaughlin-jimmy-herring-the-meeting-of-the-spirits-tour-dates-announced/

I found Mahavishnu Orchestra in its later incarnation with Jean-Luc Ponty...fabulous. Cobham is a fantastic drummer too.

• Like 2