Clock road

Red3angel

How is it possible for a perfect band, by definition, to make anything other than a perfect album?

Easy:

- Bad mix/sound production.

- There's at least one song on the album that is not as great as the rest.

Rush demonstrated perfection with Permanent Waves.

Heck, even the album cover is perfect.

Not true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLqfXlIq6RE

So what could Homer be talking about...

Rush?

Queen II?

Sheer Heart Attack?

Relayer?

Get Your Wings?

Chicago VII?

Kansas?

Second Helping?

Secret Treaties?

Journey To The Center Of The Earth?

Diamond Dogs?

Bad Company?

Caribou?

461 Ocean Boulevard?

Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends?

Rocka Rolla?

The Power And The Glory?

Crime Of The Century?

Eldorado?

Red?

Streetlife Serenade?

It's Only Rock N' Roll?

Autobahn?

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway?

Desolation Boulevard?

oh wait, I got it:

220px-Kiss_first_album_cover.jpg

rs-140397-20140320-kiss2-x1800-1395424722.jpg

• Like 3

What's wrong with you Limeys ?? is it the bad teeth ? .. for christ's sake, you twats are bitching over PR saying "mate"

This is a forum for rock and roll .. rock music .. it's not like the Brits ever stole anything from the USA, right ??

I never said anything about it saying “mate”...err...mate.

Can ya call me Crass??

That's it mate ya pushed me too far :rage:

What's wrong with you Limeys ?? is it the bad teeth ? .. for christ's sake, you twats are bitching over PR saying "mate"

This is a forum for rock and roll .. rock music .. it's not like the Brits ever stole anything from the USA, right ??

Amen. Im here to debate about what rocks more: Necromancer or Fountain Of Lamenth. If I wanted 'politics' i'd watch CNN. Get back to rockin'

• Like 1

Amen. Im here to debate about what rocks more: Necromancer or Fountain Of Lamenth. If I wanted 'politics' i'd watch CNN. Get back to rockin'

I don’t know what passes for political discussion in your house buddy but I’ve seen Jerry Springer so I can imagine.

*Checks title of thread*

:eh:

*Check title of thread again*

But we weren't talki....you know what? Nevermind. Carry on.

1. I'm not a Limey.......research your epiphets a little better

2. The old homily about UK bad teeth is about 50 years out of date

3. PR sets herself up for all that comes her way

4. You seriously want to get into a pissing contest between British and American rock?...I think there has been plenty of two way traffic

5. You're not the forum policeman, so be a good boy and go play in the traffic :-)

I so disagree w/ the OP...CA is nowhere near their Abbey Road. MP or PeW would be that...not a bad song on either album. CA is just a hot mess of everything from bad to good, some moments of brilliance, but overall bulky and overblown w/ lyrics delivered by way of funeral dirge. No freaking way is that their Abbey Road.

just because you disagree doesn't mean you gotta get all up in it, just take a chill pill for a moment and relax.

Sweetheart, if you think I'm getting "all up in it" here, you quite obviously haven't seen me get all up in it when I'm actually getting all up in it. And telling the dancing chill pill to take a chill pill and relax is just precious. Thank god you didn't call me 'mate'...then you really might've seen someone get "all up in it". :poke:

Don't mind her, she just gets off telling folks how to behave.

Can ya call me Crass??

yCSWk03.gif

HULK SMASH ALL TONY'S STEVEN WILSON RECORDS!

• Like 2

I so disagree w/ the OP...CA is nowhere near their Abbey Road. MP or PeW would be that...not a bad song on either album. CA is just a hot mess of everything from bad to good, some moments of brilliance, but overall bulky and overblown w/ lyrics delivered by way of funeral dirge. No freaking way is that their Abbey Road.

just because you disagree doesn't mean you gotta get all up in it, just take a chill pill for a moment and relax.

Sweetheart, if you think I'm getting "all up in it" here, you quite obviously haven't seen me get all up in it when I'm actually getting all up in it. And telling the dancing chill pill to take a chill pill and relax is just precious. Thank god you didn't call me 'mate'...then you really might've seen someone get "all up in it". :poke:

I have actually, n I love calling people mate. Most people don't seem to have a problem with it, except you because you apparently hate me n my guts.

I found it interesting when you first started calling people "mate" since I wasn't aware that you were British or Australian lol.

I'm not Australian, but I am a bit British, Irish, n Eastern European yesyes!!

No you're not, you are 100% American...having some ethnicity in your ancestry means nothing unless you were born in another country

Oh, and "mate" is definitely British and Australian slang, so not sure why you have decided to start using it.

"Pal", that's the one, certainly over here, & I think, Scotland. Said the right way....

• Like 1

I'm just gonna try to get this back to a discussion about Clockwork Angels...

I think the album is great. Personally, it's a top three because I can relate to the theme of longing for adventure. That being said, it has some hiccups, but its best to look at the album as a whole instead of individual parts. It's a concept album, so if you look at one song at a time, you will lose the continuity that allows the album to achieve its great state.

And yes, it does have a Caress of Steel vibe going on. Listen to Headlong Flight's riff and tell me it doesn't sound like Bastille Day.

• Like 2

I think the album is great. Personally, it's a top three because I can relate to the theme of longing for adventure. That being said, it has some hiccups, but its best to look at the album as a whole instead of individual parts. It's a concept album, so if you look at one song at a time, you will lose the continuity that allows the album to achieve its great state.

And yes, it does have a Caress of Steel vibe going on. Listen to Headlong Flight's riff and tell me it doesn't sound like Bastille Day.

Headlong Flight is just the updated Bastille Day musically, that's pretty widely accepted.

• Like 1

I totally agree man!!

Headlong Flight is just the updated Bastille Day musically, that's pretty widely accepted.

This is the first time I’ve heard that

This is the first time I’ve heard that

Me too.

But I went and listened to them and yeah, I can see exactly what they're talking about.

Can ya call me Crass??

yCSWk03.gif

"Crass Under Pressure!" Fukk It!

"To The Bone" by Steven Wilson will make a great beer coaster!

I have actually, n I love calling people mate. Most people don't seem to have a problem with it, except you because you apparently hate me n my guts.

I found it interesting when you first started calling people "mate" since I wasn't aware that you were British or Australian lol.

I'm not Australian, but I am a bit British, Irish, n Eastern European yesyes!!

No you're not, you are 100% American...having some ethnicity in your ancestry means nothing unless you were born in another country

Oh, and "mate" is definitely British and Australian slang, so not sure why you have decided to start using it.

"Pal", that's the one, certainly over here, & I think, Scotland. Said the right way....

Is it PAL format or NTSC?

Can ya call me Crass??

yCSWk03.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9jG9uptQOo&sns=em

LOU!

Classic. The shot of Cindy Lauper reminds me of this moment from the recording of the song...

"Cindy, can you remove the beads and bangles? The mic's picking up the noise."

Why do you hate psoriasis sufferers?