Jump to content


Congratulations Rush and Time Stand Still !!

Canadian awards Rush

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Danforth & Pape for posting this on FB-

"Last night The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television (the Canadian Academy) held their annual awards ceremony at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto.
And Rush: Time Stand Still won the award for best Biography or Arts Documentary Programme!!!
HUGE Congrats to Dave Bidini, Allan Weinrib, Dale Heslip, Ole, Zoë Records, Fadoo Productions, Pegi Cecconi, Ray Danniels, Corey Russell, John Virant, Miller and Mark Utley and of course, the stars of the show, Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt."

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#2 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 502 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

Congrats to everyone involved in the production Time Stand Still!  It was very well done.  (Although it was a sad show to watch for most Rush fans).

#3 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46332 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Napoli, Italy
  • Interests:R.E.M., Bill Berry, Mike Mills, Michael Stipe, Peter Buck ,Hanging out with my best friends Heather Sylv and Jas, Drawing and drumming, thinking about life, photography, listening to music, writing.

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostOn TheRoad To Adventure, on 07 March 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Congrats to everyone involved in the production Time Stand Still!  It was very well done.  (Although it was a sad show to watch for most Rush fans).

tbh I never saw it nor will I ever see it.

#4 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46332 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Napoli, Italy
  • Interests:R.E.M., Bill Berry, Mike Mills, Michael Stipe, Peter Buck ,Hanging out with my best friends Heather Sylv and Jas, Drawing and drumming, thinking about life, photography, listening to music, writing.

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Congrats thou!! :cheers:

#5 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1971 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

It’s cool to see it get recognized. I think it’s a great film. I’ve ended up sniffing at the end every time I’ve watched it.

#6 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 875 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Sweet!  Did BTLS win any awards?  I don't recall, but I think it's one of the best music documentaries I've seen.  Jaco is another great one, although it's also really heartbreaking at the end.  And just FYI, Geddy shot an interview for it, but I can't recall if it was included in the film itself or just the special features.  Either way, he's definitely on the DVD.  Rob Trujillo headed up the production and did a fantastic job.  Must-see for any bass-player or fan of bass players.

Edited by HalfwayToGone, 08 March 2018 - 06:43 AM.


#7 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 573 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

It was a great film.

#8 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1195 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 08 March 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Sweet!  Did BTLS win any awards?  I don't recall, but I think it's one of the best music documentaries I've seen.  Jaco is another great one, although it's also really heartbreaking at the end.  And just FYI, Geddy shot an interview for it, but I can't recall if it was included in the film itself or just the special features.  Either way, he's definitely on the DVD.  Rob Trujillo headed up the production and did a fantastic job.  Must-see for any bass-player or fan of bass players.

RUSH: Beyond The Lighted Stage was nominated and/or won the following awards:

2011 Juno Awards - Music DVD of the Year (winner)
2011 Grammy Awards - Long Form Music Video (nominee)
2010 - Classic Rock Awards - DVD/Film Of The Year (nominee)
2010 - Toronto Film Festival Hot Docs Audience Award (6th place)
2010 - Tribeca Film Festival Heineken Audience Award (winner)

Edited by RushFanForever, 08 March 2018 - 10:01 AM.


#9 Stormtron

Stormtron

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7301 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 07 March 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostOn TheRoad To Adventure, on 07 March 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Congrats to everyone involved in the production Time Stand Still!  It was very well done.  (Although it was a sad show to watch for most Rush fans).

tbh I never saw it nor will I ever see it.

I think you're lying.

#10 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4486 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

hmm maybe I'll see it someday. I just can't get past how much I hate the song and the album that spawned it.

The academy obviously never watched the Time Stand Still music video.

errrrrmmm...on second thought....

Edited by HemiBeers, 08 March 2018 - 03:15 PM.


#11 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4486 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Two minutes later you start to see flames and smoke developing...

Posted Image

#12 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4486 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

Neil's philosophizes on how to handle fans...

Posted Image

#13 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 5108 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 07 March 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

It’s cool to see it get recognized. I think it’s a great film. I’ve ended up sniffing at the end every time I’ve watched it.
What a coincidence, I was doing lines while I watched it, also.

#14 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

Here's a photo of Ged's brother Allan and others, accepting the award!  (L to R). Corey Russell, executive producer; Dale Heslip, director; Allan Weinrib, producer; Pegi Cecconi, executive producer.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Canadian awards, Rush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users