What are you binge watching lately?

goose

Unorthodox_315_315_70.jpg

seems like it would be good

It is really good

I'm through Episode 4 and I love the premise (based on a true story!), and the insight into the Hasidic culture is fascinating. But...

The marriage consummation bit strikes me as overdone, like the point is made but they just keep coming back top it over and over and over.

One of the oddest, completely mellow drama to grab me has been "Borgen".

First 2 seasons are solid television. I'm watching season 3 out of loyalty to the first two seasons, but it's not as good.

Basically, the Danish 'West Wing.'

It also has some of the best theme music I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lqQy3CBGLk&feature=emb_title

And Season 4 is coming soon! My wife and I were absolutely mesmerised by Borgen. I think it`s the last thing I bought a bluray box set of. We have photos of us in Copenhagen, as you can wander around the grounds and inside and up to the steps etc., all the places the show is made. It`s a really cool place and there was nobody about, we were sure someone was about to arrest us... but it`s just how Denmark is!
  • Like 1

First 2 seasons are solid television. I'm watching season 3 out of loyalty to the first two seasons, but it's not as good.

And Season 4 is coming soon! My wife and I were absolutely mesmerised by Borgen. I think it`s the last thing I bought a bluray box set of. We have photos of us in Copenhagen, as you can wander around the grounds and inside and up to the steps etc., all the places the show is made. It`s a really cool place and there was nobody about, we were sure someone was about to arrest us... but it`s just how Denmark is!

That’s awesome. I’d love to check out that country.

• Like 1

That’s awesome. I’d love to check out that country.

We went across to Malmo via the Oresund Bridge too. Have you watched the original Swedish/Danish version of The Bridge, or indeed, The Killing? It was watching those awesome Nordic Noir series that prompted that holiday and we`ll certainly go back (when we`re allowed).
  • Like 1

Been watching a lot of clips of baseball brawls and umpire arguments on Youtube. I notice Bryce Harper does this a lot. No wonder D.C. had enough of him. :lol: Could have had that ring a year later you clubhouse cancer. Oh, well.

Lou Piniella was the MFing king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHwET9gW4PM

Edited by invisible airwave

The Christmas marathons are in full swing. WTBS and TNT are well into their 24 hour runs of A Christmas Story

and the recurring doses of "I triple dog dare ya", Scut Farkas, The Bumpus Hounds, and "you'll shoot your eye out."

Also, FX is alternating showings of FX's A Christmas Carol, with Guy Pearce as Scrooge, with the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim as the Christmas curmudgeon, imho the best version of the lot.

Ju-On Origins (Netflix). It`s the origin story of The Grudge saga, which is interesting only because I think the films are execrable - whereas this six-part series is excellent, in its pure Japanese form. Edited by IbanezJem

I'm embarrassed to say. Care to guess what I'm watching?

Hint: it's on Netflix.

RuPauls Drag Race

I'm embarrassed to say. Care to guess what I'm watching?

Hint: it's on Netflix.

I'm just shocked you know what Netflix is, have it and know how to use it. That just seems way too modern for you.

:o

Mr Mercedes, Manhunt: Deadly Games, and I`ll soon start Castle Rock. I like to binge watch more than one thing simultaneously as I don`t get bored this way (I have a miserable attention span).

I'm rewatching How I Met Your Mother for several reasons:

- I watched it too quickly the first time around because I wanted to see how it ended.

- I'm seeing things that I missed the first time because I got distracted or fell asleep late at night.

- Knowing how it ended, I'm seeing things in a different light and focusing on the big picture.

- There is nothing else worth watching on any of the major networks, except maybe Vikings.

- I truly believe that HIMYM was the last great sitcom. Big Bang Theory got old after a while, was too pretentious and not very funny.

Cobra Kai Season 3. Sucks, so far.

I honestly like the third season, but I think it is trying a bit hard. I found the first season of the show the most compelling.

IMO, it seems like they boxed themselves in with nowhere plausible to go.
  • Like 1