What are you binge watching lately?

goose

We are into the mines of Moria...a very fun part of the movie.

That whole sequence in Moria, from the watcher in the lake to the fight on the bridge, is the best part of that movie; really propulsive stuff.

Making out way through Return of the King, right now. It's long, but much more enjoyable than the Two Towers, which drags. Not that Towers doesn't have has some great moments, but in general it feels the most unnecessarily long of the three.

I thought that The Two Towers was the one movie of the three that might be been better in its theatrical version. Bit, I'm all for more Middle Earth so I'll take the extra scenes.

Extra Ent stuff is good...on paper.
  • Like 1

^ I prefer the extended LoTR films to their theater versions; how do the Hobbit extended versions compare?

I agree with you regarding the LOTR extended versions...

...the same could be said about The Hobbit trilogy of films as well.

The Lad and I started Fellowship last night and...I love the universe they created, but big-eyed Frodo really gets on my nerves. We made it through him getting stabbed.

At Rivendell now...long expose...

Liv Tyler certainly keeps one's attention through all the back story stuff.

She sooo beautiful in this series. :)

:yes:

We are into the mines of Moria...a very fun part of the movie.

Easily the best part of the Ralph Bakshi movie. Maybe the only really good part, though I thought he did the Black Riders well, despite them being brown and limping around making mewing noises like tired Emo teens. Bakshi's scene at Weathertop was better than Jackson's, which made the Black Riders seem rather easy to chase away; apparently all it takes is a little fire and some Mama's Family videos (Nickelback is also effective according to Elven lore; it's in one of those appendices that only Jackson has access to; lot's of crazy stuff in those secret appendices... saucy dwarves, warrior princess elves, hash-smoking bird-poop-covered wizards...craziness).

:LOL:

Hard to bash LOTR on any liberties after seeing the three-movie version of the Hobbit, lol.

• Like 3

Taxi

Was pleasantly surprised to find this on Hulu.

It's been years since I've seen an episode of that show...... So NY, so funny.

• Like 1

Soccer. A game or two everyday> Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A,, the occasional La Liga (Spanish) or Liga MX (Mexican), it's all good.

Never able to pick up that Polish league @blackhawkrush watches.

OOPS! Time to make lunch and settle in for Liverpool v Crystal Palace.

• Like 2

Soccer. A game or two everyday> Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A,, the occasional La Liga (Spanish) or Liga MX (Mexican), it's all good.

Liverpool sounds like a decent game, anyway. Husband is a Newcastle fan and had Newcastle vs Aston Villa on this am ! :LOL: :lol: Both powerhouses battled to a 1-1 tie.

Liverpool sounds like a decent game, anyway. Husband is a Newcastle fan and had Newcastle vs Aston Villa on this am ! :LOL: :lol: Both powerhouses battled to a 1-1 tie.

It was bloody. Liverpool 4-0.
  • Like 2

Taxi

There is a bit of an issue with lost episodes though. The first season was all in tact. But now the episode numbers in season two are jumping around. It looks like the rest of the seasons have the same problem. I'm guessing since it's an older show that some of the tapes got lost or damaged over the years. I don't see why there would be any legal issues as to why that many episodes aren't there.

I am still enjoying the watch though and that's what matters most.

• Like 1

The Expanse...actually just have one episode left to watch tonight and we're all caught up. Always hate to see the episodes run out when you've found a new series you like that already has multiple seasons, eh?

Taxi

There is a bit of an issue with lost episodes though. The first season was all in tact. But now the episode numbers in season two are jumping around. It looks like the rest of the seasons have the same problem. I'm guessing since it's an older show that some of the tapes got lost or damaged over the years. I don't see why there would be any legal issues as to why that many episodes aren't there.

I have the whole series on DVD so it's not that the episodes aren't intact.

Taxi

Very strange. As I said, I couldn't really imagine the issue being anything other than old tapes getting lost or damaged. What year was that DVD collection released? Maybe something happened between then and when Hulu got the show.

EDIT: I was looking it up online and it appears the issue could be the use of licensed music in the episodes. If that's the case then why was it ok for DVD release but not ok for streaming? Also, there is only like 10 episodes in season two on hulu. That means they used licensed music in half the episodes that season and couldn't show them?

I know this seems like an odd thing to get hung up on. It's just I have never encountered this when streaming a show before.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Taxi

Very strange. As I said, I couldn't really imagine the issue being anything other than old tapes getting lost or damaged. What year was that DVD collection released? Maybe something happened between then and when Hulu got the show.

EDIT: I was looking it up online and it appears the issue could be the use of licensed music in the episodes. If that's the case then why was it ok for DVD release but not ok for streaming? Also, there is only like 10 episodes in season two on hulu. That means they used licensed music in half the episodes that season and couldn't show them?

I know this seems like an odd thing to get hung up on. It's just I have never encountered this when streaming a show before.

Missing episodes of Taxi. Don't know about this specific show but I do know that in most cases when this happens it is due to music rights. A song was heard or played in the show and they never bothered to negotiate streaming rights- which are different than reruns rights or DVD rights

Edited by thesweetscience

I`ve been binging Togetherness today. I like Mark Duplass and also Melanie Lynskey seems to be in mostly good things (except for Two and a Half Men), with the added - and surprise - bonus of a blast of Tom Sawyer, with both actors singing and air-drumming.

Edited by IbanezJem

Taxi

Missing episodes of Taxi. Don't know about this specific show but I do know that in most cases when this happens it is due to music rights. A song was heard or played in the show and they never bothered to negotiate streaming rights- which are different than reruns rights or DVD rights

It's just crazy that so many episodes are missing because of that. I mean the one where Ignatowski takes his driver's test is missing. That really sucks.

I'm sure the DVDs aren't too expensive. I should try that.

Mrs. America. Yes, the creators obviously "know" who the heroes and villains were in the fight over the Equal Rights Amendment, but the show is really, really well done. I must say, Hulu has great content. Well worth the investment.

I enjoy hulu way more than Netflix. Hulu doesn't have the edge on original content though. I think Netflix has them beat there. But hulu wins everywhere else. Their depth of selection is better and has more variety. They also have current shows up the day after they air on tv. I spend most of my stream watching time on hulu.

Mrs. America. Yes, the creators obviously "know" who the heroes and villains were in the fight over the Equal Rights Amendment, but the show is really, really well done. I must say, Hulu has great content. Well worth the investment.

I enjoy hulu way more than Netflix. Hulu doesn't have the edge on original content though. I think Netflix has them beat there. But hulu wins everywhere else. Their depth of selection is better and has more variety. They also have current shows up the day after they air on tv. I spend most of my stream watching time on hulu.

I got Hulu through the Disney+ deal, but the commercials annoy the hell out of me. Too used to watching Netflix, I suppose. I know there's a more expensive level I could look into; is that one commercial free?

After I tried to watch an episode of Fargo (great show!) on Hulu and dealt with 30 minutes of commercials and 45 minutes of program, I was out.

Edited by Nova Carmina

On a related binging note, I see Netflix is doing a Breaking Bad-style final fourth season of OZARK, divided into two seven-episode halves. Bold prediction time: Ruth kills everyone.

Taxi

It's just crazy that so many episodes are missing because of that. I mean the one where Ignatowski takes his driver's test is missing. That really sucks.

That was a classic episode.

• Like 2

Taxi

That was a classic episode.

:yes:

I got Hulu through the Disney+ deal, but the commercials annoy the hell out of me. Too used to watching Netflix, I suppose. I know there's a more expensive level I could look into; is that one commercial free?

After I tried to watch an episode of Fargo (great show!) on Hulu and dealt with 30 minutes of commercials and 45 minutes of program, I was out.

I belive I pay $11.99 or $12.99 a month for the ad free hulu. At first I didn't mind the ads. A lot of the time they were running ones for shows I may not have otherwise known about. But after you binge watch multiple seasons of something, the ads get annoying.