Jump to content


What are you binge watching lately?


  • Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#481 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 18363 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:50 AM

View Postgoose, on 17 October 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 17 October 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 10 June 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

Fleabag on Amazon.  Hilarious breaking of the fourth wall.
This show cleaned up at the Emmys, deservedly.  Very clever.
I just watched a couple episodes of this and I didn't get it.  Does it get better?  Am I just too old for this type of thing?
I'm 54.

She's a narcissistic sleeze in the funniest way.
I didn't find it funny.

Oh well.

Sponsored Post

#482 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridgeâ„¢

  • Members *
  • 10654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

View Postthesweetscience, on 18 October 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 October 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 17 October 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 10 June 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

Fleabag on Amazon.  Hilarious breaking of the fourth wall.
This show cleaned up at the Emmys, deservedly.  Very clever.
I just watched a couple episodes of this and I didn't get it.  Does it get better?  Am I just too old for this type of thing?
I'm 54.

She's a narcissistic sleeze in the funniest way.
I didn't find it funny.

Oh well.

Far too London-centric for me to like.

#483 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

Halfway through the first season of Mindhunter. Really good stuff.

#484 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:29 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 03 November 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Halfway through the first season of Mindhunter. Really good stuff.
:ebert:

#485 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

I'm re-visiting Better Call Saul.  That, Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers I can watch over and over and over.


So I do.

#486 Syrinx

Syrinx

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2363 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:24 AM

Starting season 3 of Broadchurch

#487 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 8627 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

Castle Rock on Hulu .

Edited by Chicken hawk, 04 November 2019 - 01:25 PM.


#488 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 861 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northampton England
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 November 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm re-visiting Better Call Saul.  That, Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers I can watch over and over and over.


So I do.
Watching Breaking Bad again. Nearly done, then I`ll probably move back to BCS. They are both incredibly rewatchable (and of course excellent), which tends to mean I can be brutally dismissive of new shows... and fall back on the guaranteed winners.  Parallels my approach to new music, now I think about it.  I`m so stuck in this perfectly satisfying rut :codger:

#489 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 04 November 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 November 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm re-visiting Better Call Saul.  That, Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers I can watch over and over and over.


So I do.
Watching Breaking Bad again. Nearly done, then I`ll probably move back to BCS. They are both incredibly rewatchable (and of course excellent), which tends to mean I can be brutally dismissive of new shows... and fall back on the guaranteed winners.  Parallels my approach to new music, now I think about it.  I`m so stuck in this perfectly satisfying rut :codger:

I'm hesitant to start watching new shows sometimes because you never know how long they'll last. Very rarely am I with a show from the beginning of the series. Even when they get good reviews. I usually wait to see if it gets a second or third season before I jump in. I love Breaking Bad but I didn't even start watching until the fourth season when the show's buzz was reaching a fever pitch. It sucks when a show you really like is canceled fast without any sort of proper finish. I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to watch a new series right away because of that.

There's nothing wrong with binge watching the old stuff. If I decide to watch through Cheers for the 50th time that's great too. Some seasons are better than others but overall I know I have 12 seasons of mostly very good TV that I will enjoy all the way through.

#490 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 861 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northampton England
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 November 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 04 November 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 November 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm re-visiting Better Call Saul.  That, Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers I can watch over and over and over.


So I do.
Watching Breaking Bad again. Nearly done, then I`ll probably move back to BCS. They are both incredibly rewatchable (and of course excellent), which tends to mean I can be brutally dismissive of new shows... and fall back on the guaranteed winners.  Parallels my approach to new music, now I think about it.  I`m so stuck in this perfectly satisfying rut :codger:

I'm hesitant to start watching new shows sometimes because you never know how long they'll last. Very rarely am I with a show from the beginning of the series. Even when they get good reviews. I usually wait to see if it gets a second or third season before I jump in. I love Breaking Bad but I didn't even start watching until the fourth season when the show's buzz was reaching a fever pitch. It sucks when a show you really like is canceled fast without any sort of proper finish. I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to watch a new series right away because of that.

There's nothing wrong with binge watching the old stuff. If I decide to watch through Cheers for the 50th time that's great too. Some seasons are better than others but overall I know I have 12 seasons of mostly very good TV that I will enjoy all the way through.
I would have said Frasier, but we agree on the principle :D I started watching BB after S5 had finished airing, semi-reluctantly, as I presumed I would not like it.  Critics aren`t always wrong! I have watched each new Saul episode the day it comes out though. I can`t wait-and-binge Saul.

#491 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9700 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:11 AM

Back To NCIS.  Just received Blue Bloods season nine, and NCIS season sixteen.  I had started with NCIS just shortly before these latest seasons arrived.  So I'm continuing with NCIS til I reach last season's episodes.
Posted Image

#492 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

Ozark.  Really, really good.

#493 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 31196 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:27 PM

Man in the High Castle season 4, the magic is back!

#494 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2603 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

Family Feud.  Steve Harvey is hilarious.

#495 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 AM

 goose, on 19 November 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Ozark.  Really, really good.
Episode 6 took things in an overly dark direction, imo.  Too many are now in the know, out for murder...

#496 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

View Postgoose, on 19 November 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Ozark.  Really, really good.

I'm interested in watching this because it looks like Jason Bateman is doing something different than the comedy roles he's more well known for.

#497 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 9139 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Season three of the Crown is back, so I've been catching up on that.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users