What are you binge watching lately?

goose

Back to CSI:NY season two almost done. Best season as far as I'm concerned. New Building, All the interior rooms and such redone, many new characters that stayed til the show ended...

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 1

Fleabag on Amazon. Hilarious breaking of the fourth wall.

This show cleaned up at the Emmys, deservedly. Very clever.

I just watched a couple episodes of this and I didn't get it. Does it get better? Am I just too old for this type of thing?

I'm 54.

She's a narcissistic sleeze in the funniest way.

• Like 1

I just watched a couple episodes of this and I didn't get it. Does it get better? Am I just too old for this type of thing?

I'm 54.

I didn't find it funny.

Oh well.

I'm 54.

I didn't find it funny.

Oh well.

Far too London-centric for me to like.

I'm re-visiting Better Call Saul. That, Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers I can watch over and over and over.

So I do.

Watching Breaking Bad again. Nearly done, then I`ll probably move back to BCS. They are both incredibly rewatchable (and of course excellent), which tends to mean I can be brutally dismissive of new shows... and fall back on the guaranteed winners. Parallels my approach to new music, now I think about it. I`m so stuck in this perfectly satisfying rut :codger:
  • Like 1

I'm re-visiting Better Call Saul. That, Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers I can watch over and over and over.

So I do.

Watching Breaking Bad again. Nearly done, then I`ll probably move back to BCS. They are both incredibly rewatchable (and of course excellent), which tends to mean I can be brutally dismissive of new shows... and fall back on the guaranteed winners. Parallels my approach to new music, now I think about it. I`m so stuck in this perfectly satisfying rut :codger:

I'm hesitant to start watching new shows sometimes because you never know how long they'll last. Very rarely am I with a show from the beginning of the series. Even when they get good reviews. I usually wait to see if it gets a second or third season before I jump in. I love Breaking Bad but I didn't even start watching until the fourth season when the show's buzz was reaching a fever pitch. It sucks when a show you really like is canceled fast without any sort of proper finish. I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to watch a new series right away because of that.

There's nothing wrong with binge watching the old stuff. If I decide to watch through Cheers for the 50th time that's great too. Some seasons are better than others but overall I know I have 12 seasons of mostly very good TV that I will enjoy all the way through.

• Like 2

So I do.

I'm hesitant to start watching new shows sometimes because you never know how long they'll last. Very rarely am I with a show from the beginning of the series. Even when they get good reviews. I usually wait to see if it gets a second or third season before I jump in. I love Breaking Bad but I didn't even start watching until the fourth season when the show's buzz was reaching a fever pitch. It sucks when a show you really like is canceled fast without any sort of proper finish. I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to watch a new series right away because of that.

There's nothing wrong with binge watching the old stuff. If I decide to watch through Cheers for the 50th time that's great too. Some seasons are better than others but overall I know I have 12 seasons of mostly very good TV that I will enjoy all the way through.

I would have said Frasier, but we agree on the principle :D I started watching BB after S5 had finished airing, semi-reluctantly, as I presumed I would not like it. Critics aren`t always wrong! I have watched each new Saul episode the day it comes out though. I can`t wait-and-binge Saul.
  • Like 2

Back To NCIS. Just received Blue Bloods season nine, and NCIS season sixteen. I had started with NCIS just shortly before these latest seasons arrived. So I'm continuing with NCIS til I reach last season's episodes.

fUvMtqj.png

• Like 1

Finished season two of Mindhunter. I really liked it. The most disturbing thing is the show is based on actual events. The casting for the various serial killers on the show is top notch though.

Plowing my way through Ozark now. I'm really enjoying this. Nice to see Jason Bateman playing something different than Michael Bluth or a variation of that character.

Plowing my way through Ozark now. I'm really enjoying this. Nice to see Jason Bateman playing something different than Michael Bluth or a variation of that character.

Bateman's really good in this. I find the blonde hillbilly girl and Bateman's son to be compelling character arcs.

i'm re-watching Stranger Things Again.

honestly the hype drove me away from the show. i'd only watched Season 1. and hearing people say...day after day that this is the greatest show ever made made me be thoroughly bored by it.

but watching it a few years after the hype really helps. finished season 1.very enjoyable season. i will continue.

Mick

• Like 1